Why is it so hard to get into a match on PlayStation as a survivor?

This is a constant problem I encounter playing this game. I find a match then load into ready and expecting a long good match but 5 seconds into me spinning and showing the map I “Disconnect from host” and I know it’s not my internet because I play SWF and they experience it too. I only ask the devs to maybe try to give an explanation or a solution to the problem. (I’m hoping the dedicated servers fix this for good)

Answers

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    edited September 2019

I'm on PS4, and I specifically don't play Survivor due to their wait times. At around 4 p.m. - 8 p.m., the wait time is actually pretty short. Anything beyond 10 p.m. the survivor wait time is a real annoyance. How would dedicated servers help this issue? We'd still have the same amount of people selecting the same amount of whatever side.

• TheCankleBreaker
    TheCankleBreaker Member Posts: 49

Dedicated servers could solve the wait time due to the game needed to find people according to connection and the game depends on 5 people having around the same ping so disconnects could be fixed with Dedicated servers

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

I don't know dude it's really awful. Other then capping on my 1m bp I haven't played at all recently because I really can't bother to sit there for 5-20 minutes to search for a match that seems only gets started 50% of the time. I'd like an explanation too. I play at two different houses both with good internet and its always a long wait no matter where.

Killer though, I start a lobby and get four people in less then a minute so something is definitally wrong.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

i Also play on PS4, and I’ve heard that survivor mobility on pc is essentially the same on console, so maybe that’s why is so one sided? I main killer and I’m used to the sticks but I can def understand why someone would want to use a mouse on a FPStabber

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It's definitely that way on PS4. Instant killer lobbies and having to wait as a survivor.

However, this will probably change in 3 days when Demo-chan gets released and everybody wants to play as the new killer. We'll see how long it will take then for the queue times to go back to their current state.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Being able to use a mouse would be nice, but I think the bigger problem is the weak performance on console.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The likely reason that survivor wait times are long is probably because there aren't enough killers

This problem was flipped when Ghostface and Reworked Freddy got released, because there were too many killers

I don't think dedicated servers will fix this issue, but they might mitigate it a little bit

• TheCankleBreaker
    TheCankleBreaker Member Posts: 49

You guys are all wrong it’s these damn glitches on ps4 there is so many I have recorded or took a screen shot of. Please Devs fix the console experience or make the game a beta somehow 😓

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

Because playing killer on console is pure pain.. horrible FPS, toxic SWFs almost every game, false hits and chainsaws etc its just too stressful specially in the high ranks

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Just practice... I can play both PC and PS4 just fine.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

9am to 3pm UK time my survivor games are almost instant, after 3pm its usually a 3-5min wait.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Too much survivors ;D

Its easier to play and very SwF friendly.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
  • Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

Just saying, doctors use joysticks for da Vinci robots, I’m not saying a mouse isn’t more precise, because it is definitely easier to point and click, but I ev been on PlayStation since the early 90s, and I’m very accurate with joysticks. I snipe on overwatch and CoD in ps4 too and I’ve been accused of using mouse and keyboard hundreds of times