Object of Obsession

Options

Are the devs looking at a rework of this perk. As a killer main I go crazy when I see it in my game. I will go all out to hunt the user down plop them on a hook and I dont care about anything else. I just want to punish them for bringing what I regard as the most broke, toxic and unfun survivor perk in the game. It alters how I play. I never hook same person twice in a row. Try and get 4 stacks of bbq before someone dies but that perk just spoils the enjoyment for everyone in my game.

Comments

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Yeah, I am guilty of that as well. Nowadays I am playin with the Ghost Face. And the moment of spawning when I see someone has it or 2 survivors have it, I just lose it. I do every dirty trick to get them.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,352
    Options

I mean I agree that going against someone running OoO can be pretty unfun, especially when facing an swf group. Them always knowing your location can be pretty frustrating to go against. Then again, survivors have to deal with frustrating stuff as well. Even a whole killer strategy that is absolutely no fun to go against, which is camping.

I wouldn't mind a rework but I don't think it's needed either.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited September 2019
    Options

Object of Obsession won't be too popular anymore after the Undetectable status effect will be added onto other killers.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited September 2019
    Options

OOO has never been popular.

I've also never understood why killers are so afraid of this perk.

I guess in all the time I have played, since I don't play SWF I don't see this perk at all. I can only ever remember seeing this perk used once EVER in my entire time playing this game (other than the few times I experimented and tried it myself). It was a Dwight that was getting the killer to chase him while we did gens.

I guess when killers are facing dedicated SWF commando squads it's a hassle. I'm guessing killers who fight SWF all the time see this perk a lot more often.

But otherwise it actually just gives the killer a huge advantage.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i hate seeing this perk

id love to see some reworks to it.

the current version is just promoting toxic behavior and pretty much sucks the fun out of the match.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Depends on the killer. On trap-based killers, your traps just get called out or disarmed because they see you setting them. On Ghostface, they usually dedicate themselves to revealing you.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Hopefully, they tone it down in the near future. But then again, look how long it took the devs to nerf DS. So who knows?

Also @Mochan I agree that OOO is actually pretty rare. But it is an annoying and toxic perk to use. Imagine playing Wraith or Pig and having most of the survivors know where you are all the time. OOO is irksome no matter who the killer is really.

The only time it back fires is if the killer is a Nurse.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283
    Options

I'm a laurie main and I hate that the opinion on the perk has been absolutely demolished because of SWF squads :( I loved pairing it with sole survivor and versing myers to make a halloween match.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,091
    Options

@Mister_Holdout While you call OoO toxic, it has a benefit to the killer as well. What about Insidious, which has no benefit to survivors and is even more toxic?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

You really think OoO benefits the killer in any way? No, really no. xD

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I love people who run OoO. Makes the game so much easier for me.

• Atrushan88
    Options

Oh, I must have misread when I thought it said that the killer could see the survivor too. I must have also misread the fact that eventually there's gonna be this status effect that's going to be for "stealth killers" who can completely bypass the survivor's aura reading, but hey, they'll still be able to see survivors because this status effect does nothing to them, making OoO completely a detriment against someone like that. No one will use it in a patch or two. It'll be the new Left Behind.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

@Atrushan88 I haven't read about how the new status effect impacts OOO. I'll have to check it out.

• Atrushan88
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Mister_Holdout The changes haven't been talked about and haven't happened, so we don't know, but going by the information on the status effect, it disables the survivor's aura reading. This means if the survivor looks in the killer's direction, they won't see the killer's aura. However this also gives aura reading to the killer. This would mean the killer would see the survivor without the survivor seeing the killer. Thus, no point in bringing OoO ever. Unless blindness somehow removes the killer's ability to see the survivor as well. I don't think that's the case though.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,685
    Options

This perk isn't even very good.

I see people complain about this perk all the time but I encounter probably in less than 5% of my killer games. Even then the majority of the people using it always end up dying very quickly because any time I'm not chasing someone I may as well go after the obsession.

• thedevalex
    Options

If they add undetectable to stealth killers, I sincerely doubt the devs will make it so the killers can see the survivors but the survivors can't see the killers. I'm sure they'll just make it so the perk doesn't activate.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

How is OoO it's Self toxic and unfun? It give the killer and survivor full surveillance over one an other and hinders the survivor by a lot when doing certain actions.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

I play as the Nurse.

Someone uses OoO.

I blink instantly to them at the beggining of the match.

I down them.

They DC.

OoO Is such an OP perk when you are playing as the nurse...

• Atrushan88
    Options
  • thedevalex
    Options

I'm saying what the most understandable change would be. The devs might have done some disagreeable things, but they also have done very good things.