If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Give Legacy To Players Who Bought Non-licensed DLC

Options
weirdkid5
weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

So, because old Legacy will likely never come back (nor will it likely ever be restored to those who lost it, such as myself), and Doctor, Feng, Ace, and Hag will soon all be free, BHVR should give players that purchased these DLCs before the change Legacy cosmetics for these characters.

I think this would be a great compromise for new players that come into the game, as well as for old players that invested into the game.

Comments

• ApacheLand
    ApacheLand Member Posts: 35
    Options

If you saw how much time and effort those legit legacy players put into those old blood webs when the game first came out to get those legacy clothes you wouldn't be saying that lol they were insanely long and tedious. They deserve those outfits

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options

If you saw how much time and effort those legit legacy players put into those old blood webs when the game first came out to get those legacy clothes you wouldn't be saying that lol they were insanely long and tedious. They deserve those outfits

I think he does know because he said he lost his legacy stuff
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

@ApacheLand said:

Thats bull, You know how many people levelled 7 characters to 40 to get the perks and didnt get any legacy at all? They should have never created legacy. Exclusive content is first class garbage.

• ApacheLand
    ApacheLand Member Posts: 35
    Options

Sorry my bad I saw it on my phone lol that sucks you lost your legacy :( and fair play for earning it

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TheOnlyHeero said: 

why not make a new type of skin that would be a compromise for those who bought the dlc originally before the change? something shiny but not the same. i have more respect for companies who do not fall back on there legacy or preorder items. i think they should just make something new.

The only reason they should backtrack on it is because their own poor programming is what caused so many people to lose it in the first place.

I would like to clarify, I only want it added for the non licensed DLC characters. You wouldn't be able to get it for say Trapper or Wraith.
  • Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I'd like this a lot. It's most likely a no though. I'd be cool with getting nothing for it but, I wouldn't complain about getting a few iri shards or an exclusive cosmetic.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Dear lord and savior BHVR,

If you plan on doing this, please give the players a heads up, so we can last minute buy them too.

Xoxo

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    This idea is good but they gonna give us other exclusive s for buying new dlcs . and I think when it comes to so many skins that are gonna come to DBD in the years ahead of us legacy isn't gonna even count . like have you seen this new hag skin . I think its much more better than if they would make a legacy for her .
  • entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246
    Options

The point of legacy is that it remains exclusive, so that would defeat the purpose and the promise ;p
    I do wish there were a way for users who lost their legacy to verify that they had it, though, and get it back.
    Or have a recolor type event

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

I regret not turning my nea to legacy when I got the game, but not that I can get ace I feel proud

• weirdkid5
    Options

I regret not turning my nea to legacy when I got the game, but not that I can get ace I feel proud

Huh? There's no Ace legacy. I'm saying they should make one.
  • Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:

@ApacheLand said:

I literally said I had Legacy and lost it because of that save file nonsense that the game was plauged with for over a year. Did you even read the post my guy?

Is that a 72hrs reference when he used to play?
  • weirdkid5
    Options

@Bananaplanes said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@ApacheLand said:

I literally said I had Legacy and lost it because of that save file nonsense that the game was plauged with for over a year. Did you even read the post my guy?

Is that a 72hrs reference when he used to play?

What are you talking about? 72hrs wasn't the only person who lost their save. It started on the day the Hag came out, which is the day I lost my save.

I don't watch toxic streamers.

• Cake1100
    Cake1100 Member Posts: 80
    Options

I love this idea.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Or if they don't feel like doing a new "exclusif" skin for the killers and survivor they could give a bunch of Auri cells for each of the owned dlc.
    Just saying.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

They don't need to do anything for people that bought those DLCs tbh. I don't expect anything, certainly not random new legacy skins.

• NotSure
    NotSure Member Posts: 41
    Options

@Dragonredking said:
    Or if they don't feel like doing a new "exclusif" skin for the killers and survivor they could give a bunch of Auri cells for each of the owned dlc.
    Just saying.

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

This. Giving us auric cells for the dlc we bought would be a perfect reward.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@NotSure said:

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

On stream, they said that the ones that bought the DLC with real money will get an exclusive buyers skins. If I'm not mistaken.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

I do not have any Legacy skins. And I've played casually since the release. I feel that LEGACY was earned by people at the time and if you didn't get it then. You should NEVER, NEVER be able to acquire it.

You don't deserve it, and believe it or not you are not entitled to have everything in the game. I bet it bugs your butt bad that there is a STAFF cosmetic that only BHVR staff can have.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Outland said:
    I do not have any Legacy skins. And I've played casually since the release. I feel that LEGACY was earned by people at the time and if you didn't get it then. You should NEVER, NEVER be able to acquire it.

You don't deserve it, and believe it or not you are not entitled to have everything in the game. I bet it bugs your butt bad that there is a STAFF cosmetic that only BHVR staff can have.

Ok, but I did get it back then and lost it because of data save issues because of BHVR's poor coding. Sooooo...?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

I mean, I'd love to get these legacy skins. Love to... but I totally get and understand why these are exclusive to PC players.

These came out when PC was the only platform. They had to grind for them. I get it.

So if we never get them, that's fine. I would pay to have these I think though too...

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43
    Options

Lets all stop being toxic about this. I think we all can agree the original legacy was hard to earn and well deserved, and not something to be cheaply brought back. No one is talking about that. This topic is meant to discuss a new legacy for chapters which have no legacy but are about to have much easier ways to obtain the characters making those that bought them have paid for what others can now get much easier and cheaper.

If, and I say if, the non-licensed DLC characters got legacy for those who bought them pre-update, no one would say that a legacy doctor or feng min is the same as a legacy wraith or jake. That's not the issue. We don't want to bring back legacy for the originals, and we don't want to presume the new legacy means the same level of dedication and devotion. Its just a thought. I for one, think its not a bad thought, but that perhaps just adding auric cells would be better

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Saint_Judas said:
    Lets all stop being toxic about this. I think we all can agree the original legacy was hard to earn and well deserved, and not something to be cheaply brought back. No one is talking about that. This topic is meant to discuss a new legacy for chapters which have no legacy but are about to have much easier ways to obtain the characters making those that bought them have paid for what others can now get much easier and cheaper.

If, and I say if, the non-licensed DLC characters got legacy for those who bought them pre-update, no one would say that a legacy doctor or feng min is the same as a legacy wraith or jake. That's not the issue. We don't want to bring back legacy for the originals, and we don't want to presume the new legacy means the same level of dedication and devotion. Its just a thought. I for one, think its not a bad thought, but that perhaps just adding auric cells would be better

I'd be ok with a good chunk of cells.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    Options

I used to have a similar idea in mind as well, but in my opinion I feel like nowadays I've already gotten the satisfaction of being able to use the killers before others could so at the same time I feel like I would still be fine without getting anything extra. Ontop of this, I feel like with the amount of people who own the original DLCs legacy would simply just lose its charm and its value as it's there to indicate those who were dedicated enough to level up on the old system (which from what I hear would take a lot of time).

If they were to give anybody any rewards for purchasing the DLC I personally think if anything at all, maybe just some shards & auric cells or just a special skin that isn't legacy. I don't really entirely disagree with your idea, but in my opinion I feel like I've already got my money's worth out of these characters regardless of the case and it would kinda feel cheap if getting a legacy skin for a newer character would be as simple as purchasing the DLC before it becomes more available so if they gave anything, I just simply wouldn't recommend that especially considering the fact that they've been up either for over or close to a year to my memory. Just my opinion there.

• Saint_Judas
    Options

I agree, like I said I don't think its a terrible idea but I definitely think there are better. I'm a litle dissapointed to hear they are considering only giving us a free exclusive skin (though maybe itll be a really good skin, who knows, might be hyped for it) but I think something alternative like cells and maybe shards would be a good reward, especially with the new shop system

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options

Just saying.

This is better than giving the exclusive cosmetics imo because what if I don’t like the ones they give us at least with this i can get what I like
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It's already been said that we'll likely get some form of exclusive for purchasing the DLC. The PTB gives a new head for Dwight if you own Leatherface so it's a safe bet there will be something tied to each DLC.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Outland said:

Ok, but I did get it back then and lost it because of data save issues because of BHVR's poor coding. Sooooo...?

If that is the case then BHVR should be working to get YOU back Legacy not everyone else. You earned it and lost it , they should find a way to get it back to you. But giving it to everyone takes away from your accomplishment.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Outland said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Outland said:

If that is the case then BHVR should be working to get YOU back Legacy not everyone else. You earned it and lost it , they should find a way to get it back to you. But giving it to everyone takes away from your accomplishment.

That's subjective for me to decide honestly. While I do understand cosmetic exclusivity, i also understand this was a problem created by the devs.

I'm not saying to give me back my Meg 3 Legacy or anything cause I bought the DLC (but trust me, they do need to give me back what I earned), i'm saying I'd like to see Legacy or something for Doctor and Hag.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@NotSure said:

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

Lol. ######### no they're not giving out ac for previous bought dlcs. They wouldn't make any money! that would defeat the whole purpose of generating additional income to keep the game chug chug chugging along.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@steezo_de said:

@NotSure said:

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

Lol. [BAD WORD] no they're not giving out ac for previous bought dlcs. They wouldn't make any money! that would defeat the whole purpose of generating additional income to keep the game chug chug chugging along.

We already spent currency on stuff that players will be able to earn absolutely free. There should be some unique cosmetics or AC given to these players that bought the DLC before it was available for free, as there was no choice in the past.

• Saint_Judas
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Outland that is not what they are saying at all. They want it for the DLC and non licensed characters, not to give everyone else what they had. The only reason they were defending themselves and saying they had legacy is because everyone started jumping on them about how the old legacy needed to be earned and just because people spent money before a new update came doesn't mean there should be new legacy items.

Again I state, the old legacy would still be the old legacy, and no one except those who worked for it will have legacy for those original characters, but the question is if the newer characters should have it as reward for having paid for what others can now just grind for. That wouldn't take from the accomplishment at all, having a legacy trapper will still mean much more then having legacy doctor. But something like legacy might be better then just "here, have a skin you may or may not end up liking"

• SharpHandJoe
    SharpHandJoe Member Posts: 18
    Options

I prestiged my Laurie once during legacy :'(

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited May 2018
    Options

See, I like this idea. I would've grinded it out to get a Doctor, Hag, and Huntress legacies 100% would've done it. But they stopped doing legacy after nurse, which made me kind of sad.

It would be pretty simple yeah? Reach prestige 3 in X amount of time of release, why did they stop doing it?

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:
    See, I like this idea. I would've grinded it out to get a Doctor, Hag, and Huntress legacies 100% would've done it. But they stopped doing legacy after nurse, which made me kind of sad.

It would be pretty simple yeah? Reach prestige 3 in X amount of time of release, why did they stop doing it?

Mostly because the reason it was made in the first place is because of how absurd it was to get prestige originally. A single prestige would cost you around 70 hours of gameplay.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@steezo_de said:

@NotSure said:

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

@Dragonredking said:
    Just saying.

Lol. [BAD WORD] no they're not giving out ac for previous bought dlcs. They wouldn't make any money! that would defeat the whole purpose of generating additional income to keep the game chug chug chugging along.

We already spent currency on stuff that players will be able to earn absolutely free. There should be some unique cosmetics or AC given to these players that bought the DLC before it was available for free, as there was no choice in the past.

Why give out even more exlusives? people already get pissed off that they can't get the ones out there now. think they can handle new ones? Lol.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

Mostly because the reason it was made in the first place is because of how absurd it was to get prestige originally. A single prestige would cost you around 70 hours of gameplay.

Ah I see, but that is the whole point thought right? It shows that you put in the effort to get a reward that is not achievable any other way, and it is only if you are willing to do so. Even if it was worse then than it would be now, I still think it would be fine, if people really want it, then they will try to get it no matter how obnoxious it is.

• Saint_Judas
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

As someone who doesn't have a legacy but does currently prestige characters, I can say, right now it is not hard to prestige at all. Often times, especially with a few good offerings, I can do it within a day, or maybe two. This is why I won't pretend it would be at all the same as before, because right now it does not take much at all

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Legacy players are normally toxic so... at least 90% of all the ones I encounter. Maybe that is because they hack theirs in and the non toxic ones are the ones that still have it legit. Don’t know but having legacy for buying seems unfair. I like their new unique skins like the doctor ones. 
  • weirdkid5
    Options

@Zagrid said:
    Legacy players are normally toxic so... at least 90% of all the ones I encounter. Maybe that is because they hack theirs in and the non toxic ones are the ones that still have it legit. Don’t know but having legacy for buying seems unfair. I like their new unique skins like the doctor ones. 

Legacy has lost much of it's initial luster because of hacks and people who have lost their saves such as me.

Legacy is essentially worthless now because you can't tell who truly earned it legit or not, especially if their profile is private.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I'm gonna have to say no. They said it would never come back, and I would prefer they stick with what they said.

Going back on it just sets a bad precedent and makes me wonder if I can trust their word again.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm gonna have to say no. They said it would never come back, and I would prefer they stick with what they said.

Going back on it just sets a bad precedent and makes me wonder if I can trust their word again.

I would be cool with them sticking to their word if so many people didn't hack Legacy and if their own ineptitude didn't cause hundreds of people to lose their earned Legacy. They gave it back to 72hrs.

Why not everyone else that lost it? Seems unreasonable to me.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

I would be cool with them sticking to their word if so many people didn't hack Legacy and if their own ineptitude didn't cause hundreds of people to lose their earned Legacy. They gave it back to 72hrs.

streamer benefits, its a sad chapter

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Of course. Streamer benefits is the most shameful business practice any developer could do.

The twitch shirt is cool. Literally doing special things for Streamers is not.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Of course. Streamer benefits is the most shameful business practice any developer could do.

I can only tell you that you shouldnt give the slightest ######### about skins
    Just hope that they concentrate on balance.... dont disturb them because they cant even get the easiest stuff right =(

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

I can only tell you that you shouldnt give the slightest [BAD WORD] about skins
    Just hope that they concentrate on balance.... dont disturb them because they cant even get the easiest stuff right =(

Trust me I am more concerned about balance. But again, the art team and balance team are completely separate and don't interact much. Skins can be done at the same time as actual balancing.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

Nah, legacy should stay as it is.

I wouldn't mind some free AC's as a one time only event for everyone who logs in during the anniversary day though. Or even a small amount for having had purchased DLC before the patch.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited June 2018
    Options

Legacy should stay only for those who had to deal with the bloodwebs i get it looks awesome now on the ptb and people want it and have for a long time the harsh reality is not everyone can have everything they want and thats fine in my opinion legacy was earned by those who had to suffer through super bad times with bloodwebs so they earned it as someone who does not have legacy tbh id be super mad if they did legacy again which they said they wont.

As far as exclusives go its possible but at the same time its probably not gonna happen what are they gonna do for the killers who cant get skins at the moment? see the underlying issue there

Now as for AC i think that right there is pretty nuts to give out free they wouldnt make any money because people would just run and buy the dlc's quick so they can get the cosmetics they want for free its a terrible move in terms of making money.

The only thing i can say is we got to play them before anyone else i guess thats just what we get we were able to play them first hand some people are not as fortunate in terms of financial abilities to buy things at the moment and for them this change is super good they dont have to worry about money they can play and earn the dlc.

Also the reason i would be mad if they did legacy again is because i didnt earn it just would not feel right it would feel like behavior would be spitting in the face of those who actually put the work in to get legacy now in your case it sucks if you have a old save file maybe they could do something for you but other than that i dont know what else could be done there.