This game is frustrating.

I feel like this game is heavily survivor sided. If you don’t run ruin and/or play spirit/ nurse you will get destroyed.

Played as many different killers today and got destroyed every time by purple and red rank survivors. I’m rank 15 by the way. (I haven’t played the game in a while so rank reset moved me back to yellow.)

I just feel so discouraged to even try to get better at killer. What’s the point? Gens go by sooo fast and ruin is a must and if you get some stupid map rng the survivors can loop you forever if you’re not the s tier killers.

..And before I get spammed with the “git guds” I know when to break a chase. I know to not chase people too long at jungle gyms and shacks. I just don’t get it. Perks like adrenaline also are so disheartening to play against. Not getting a single kill in a match makes me not want to play this game.

Comments

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Maybe try switching to survivor? Sometimes playing one side can burn me out so I switch.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Aside from the matchmaking issues you’re experiencing, I main bubba and occasionally play Trapper at purple (red if I somehow manage to pip) and I don’t always use ruin, I don’t get destroyed very often.

You don’t even really need perks on either side to win, it’ll be a lot more challenging though. Knowing when and when not to chase Isn’t everything to killer, you need to know when to hook, when to slug, where survivors spawn, how to use your power and how to mind game different loops.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It's the current state of the game, yes.

Sometimes you will face survivors who make a lot of mistakes and you are going to beat them with every killer, and sometimes you'll face survivors who know how to run safe routes for 2 minutes where you don't have any chance to do a mindgame.

And if you face survivors of the latter category, you need Nurse or Spirit, correct.