The new map is garbage

OK I think after more than two years on dbd I think it's time to move over.

This map has everything I never wanted to see in dbd.

It combines the worst of Haddonfield with more pallets than blood Lodge.

There are areas where vaults with drop down are so good with bl to match the dreaded Strode house.

I don't know what to say... How can we end up with a map like this in 2019?

Dbd doesn't function well with verticality, the code is suspicious at best, killers powers are designed for plain maps.

We flagged these issues in the ptb and only the most broken areas were improved, but the map is still garbage.

And the sounds?

You have already caved in to survivors and restored the deafening chase music, now you are adding more sounds to male it even harder to hear injured survivors.

This map really ruins the experience, it's great to watch but terrible to play. And nothing will be done, as usual

Comments

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

The loops are stupid strong. I could not believe they made it to the live patch, I SWORE they only put that many to test out pallet placements or something.

BUT THEY'RE STILL ALL THERE.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

It's absurd, sooo many people, including myself flagged these issues on the ptb.

The drop downs are stupidly strong, how can a killer play in this garbage?

And if you play Nurse? Her blinks are worse than the old badham, it is absurd.

It feels like it is an ego thing, the more we complain the more they do as they wish.

I am really giving up, asymmetric doesn't work in the time of the Internet

• Damon22441
    Damon22441 Member Posts: 30

bE doesn't know what balance is. If you're just now figuring that out years later... well, better late than never I suppose. But I bet they already have your money from DLC, so never mind. :/

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Does spirit suffer a lot on the new map? I know that huntress Billy and leather do but I'm not sure about her also this map doesn't help ghostface too much in certain hallways with long sightlines

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited September 2019

Tbh I think some of you are overreacting about this map and not truly appreciating what this team has given us with this map. They did an ASTOUNDING job, you just need to get used to it.

Many of the pallets are unsafe, and if you get looped by those or the drop downs you need to mindgame better, because there are paths specifically made to counter and cut survivors off on the map.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I don't think the map is THAT bad, it has some dumb spots but most pallets there are mindgameable. I kinda like it for both sides. Some drop downs are dumb tho but I think some have a way to get around them. Definitely not as bad as Haddonfield

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Nah, the map is great

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

Just my two cents here. I've only been playing the game for nine days and I like the map. I'm only at rank 12 now so don't know a lot about the game and don't know anything about looping. But as Survivor it seems to me the killer has enough of an advantage because I can never really tell how close he is to me because of the multiple floors. But as a new player it has enough areas for me to run through I have a good chance of escaping a Chase. I also played against a ghostface earlier that seemed like a good choice on this map with his stealth abilities. I did play one round on it with the doctor against players who were ranked 10 higher than me and somehow ended up doing okay. I suck at chases but was somehow able to kill two of them so it can't be that terrible. Again just my opinion here.

• casedistorted
    casedistorted Member Posts: 58

I felt the same way when I saw all of the pallet placements. I was like wait.. are there supposed to be this many this close together? Maybe they're just testing something..

Nope, went to live.