Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How long should a match be?

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

What is considered the perfect match duration?
3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? or even 20 minutes?
How long would you like to play a match?
As short as possible or the longer the better?

Comments

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80

Anywhere around 12 minutes to 18 minutes is about the right time for me. In my opinion if the game is too short then it feels like nothing got accomplished, but when it's too long it feels like both sides we're going at a snail pace. Imagine if a horror movie had chases taking 20 minutes or the victims escaping the killer in literally the first seconds. Ofc comparing DBD to a horror movie is a joke, because the immersion is broken 99% of games immediatly.
    It's cool to have some long games every now and then, but too many and it gets too boring. Also the shard cap per game is 10 and you earn a shard each minute so devs probably intended around 8-12 minutes to be the "perfect" match duration.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    I like somewhere around the 8-15 minutes. I don’t like too long matches and I only like short matches when I feel a sense of urgency during the match.
  • HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    As long as every1 say gg no matter how long its the most fun match .
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i don't use Ruin but my matches are still between 10 - 20 minutes on average.... had a few over in 5 minutes. had a couple go 30 minutes or so.... i don't really care about length as long as it was exciting. and don't really care so much about winning as long as i was scary....

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

10 minutes!

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

10-15 minutes seem like a good average.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

7 minutes minimum. Anything below that is just ridiculous.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

10-15 minutes for sure. Every game I get the matches end in about 5 minutes cuz I just get looped and rushed. No one pips, so I don't know why they do it, but hey.

• Tsulan

It seems like most of the players prefer a longer match over the 3 or 5 minute matches we currently have at high ranks.
    Interesting
    What causes then the survivors to gen rush?

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Tsulan said:

It seems like most of the players prefer a longer match over the 3 or 5 minute matches we currently have at high ranks.
    Interesting

I guess it might be because they’re facing a good killer and if you mess around against a good killer you can get snowballed easily 
  • Feng
    Feng Member Posts: 28

10 Min, so that i can get THOSE SWEET GLOWING ROCKS BOOI

• Tsulan

@ThePloopz said:
    Tsulan said:

Interesting

I guess it might be because they’re facing a good killer and if you mess around against a good killer you can get snowballed easily 

So better gen rush, so there won´t be a snowball effect.
    Got it.