Killers, do ANY of you play without BBQ? (IF you have it)

Options
Riseaus
Riseaus Member Posts: 28
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

To all Killers out there, do you ever play Killer without BBQ? I understand many people either won't have it or don't care about points, but this question is directed at people who have it unlocked on the Killer they are playing, need bloodpoints and choose NOT to use it. If you're one of those people, WHY do you not use it?

I simply cannot play without it purely for the double bloodpoints every game lol.. It sucks when there's so many better perks to put in that slot but I just cannot bring myself to remove it.

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

I don't use it as spirit and nurse, I want to be "more fair" unless it's x2 bloodpoints event and sometimes when I use a sjrvivor puddin.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Hag: I...see...you...then...hihihi...put traps...ALL around you... :3

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Whenever I am not running BBQ it's more of a result of myself lacking room in my perk set up than anything else.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I play without BBQ on most killers. Very few imho actually can benefit from the information and able to actually use it quickly so other then if I am farming BP I usually play different perks.

Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, and Billy are the only killers I ever use it on anymore. It's good on Freddy as well, but it's still just ok imho.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 343
    Options

100% I like my BP too much

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Always have it on, i love them Auras.

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Options

I will stop using bbq when i have everyone to p3-50 with all perks unlocked (sooo in 2-3 years)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I've tried playing without it... I lose all motivation to hook survivors. Without the double bloodpoints, I get this feeling like, "What's the point?" and I just kinda stop playing in the middle of the match or I'll slug everyone. Either way, it's a bad game for everyone when I don't have BBQ.

I wish I didn't have to have it equipped so I could try out more perk builds, that would be my reason for not using it, but alas.

• Riseaus
    Options

Very good points you make.

@Angelicus23, you could always look at the ground for 4 seconds after hooking someone so it's not unfair but still get the bloodpoints :D!

@Peasant I wish I could do that, BBQ is actually great on some killers for its vision, but most killers there's way more better perks I could be using.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

BBQ is a must. Why would I ever want less bloodpoints in a game that's already obsessed with punishing me for playing it half the time?

• Riseaus
    Options

Haha yeah I get that, for me if I get all 4 people hooked once = games a win for me lol. Without it I play completely different..

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229
    Options

Nah man. If i have it ill use it no matter what. Free bp? Yup.

The auras are cool too i guess xD

• Rellewd
    Rellewd Member Posts: 195
    Options

yes I play without it, why you ask i only read what i could searching discussions, legacy hillbilly main here, if you what to talk about whatever on the topic message back here imma book mark it......

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119
    Options

I played the game for over a year without BBQ because I didn't want to buy Leatherface. I got use to predicting where survivors would be based on gen placement and other factors. For certain killers I do use it if they have a high mobility (such as Billy, Nurse, Spirit) but for the most part I replace BBQ with another perk that better suits the killer I am playing. Blood points are nice but I keep maxing them out without BBQ anyway.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Well B&C doesn't help you max out stuff, it just doubles the total amount on the scoreboard.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394
    Options

I only use it if I truly have nothing better to use.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

I'm using it only when I want to farm BP fast

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yes. It gets boring using the same perks over and over again. Not that not using BBQ doesn't screw me over game wise and in terms of BP gain. It does. 😑

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

I usually use it but when I feel like I want to actually have a good game as a killer without mobility, I'll switch it out for like bitter murmur or spies. Or maybe just a perk build that requires all 4 slots to be super niche, like huntress lullaby, overcharge, sloppy butcher and thanataphobia on legion to really slow down gens.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Well maybe I just like it bc I unlocked it only recently on my Hag xD kinda useful to know where to lure ppl. (I'm in red ranks well before the reset haven't got time to play)

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Thrilling Tremors replaced BBQ for me the moment it was released. Similar info, fewer counters, and a lil bit of gen protection.

• SeekerOfSouls
    SeekerOfSouls Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2019
    Options

I play for BPs over kills 90% of the time. BBQ gives me more incentive to leave hooks and farm to maximize BPs.

God Tier perk for me at least.

• Riseaus
    Options

I agree, I don't care if survivors escape even I get to hook each one of them once and get good points lol.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

I only not use on 2 conditions.

- It's not unlocked on the killer I'm playing.

- I already unlocked every perk on everyone. (This one might not be a factor for a while...XD)

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I ONLY run BBQ because of the 2X bloodpoints, I wouldn’t use it otherwise. Sure the aura reading is nice but there are other perks I’d use. The 2X bloodpoints are too good to give up so I run BBQ on all my killers.

• Rellewd
    Rellewd Member Posts: 195
    edited September 2019
    Options

makes sense i hope, in my case i hope you can realize as i do, not that you asked.....ummmm, I JUST PLAY HILLBILLY...lol i own all perks, own in the sense, yes i bought them, take my money.... i will fight for you dbd......shrine works for 250k bp or something, i never play survivor...i guess i got about 30hrs survivor, rest killing, i got loading times, spectating times, kicked times, lobby times, all 30hrs in them times count, i find people that find that hard to believe, but to balance the game, balance..... imma stop there on this note.....balance in a game dnt me poo to me but i can empathize with the people that have reasons, so like many said and i will push this agenda, sort of like american politics, damn hippies the old hippes like my mom's, still think people have a voice, but the people my mom's generation accomplish which i believe to a extent they did, them same people now which are many and few are in a certain position of power, dem"caugh" liber"caugh" faze me non, i live in my own world i got the good psycho traits i think terminology is fun but bites a ass 1nc or twice.......i babble no more and forgot my point i was getting to, until i post comment and read it to edit....but my point is nonexistent, although insight is read "red" in these lines,,,,edit time.... sure we still of a edit time frame, thoughts to text, tastey........dbd love screw this i said agenda and off the rails i went and i stopped reading, point is i am with the ones saying DEVS ask us to help balance and i will speak up more, I CAN ONLY HELP BALANCE HILLBILLY I AM TOO DAMN STRONG FLAT OUT I NEED TO BE NICE....

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I'm using it until I get all the bloody masks/faces that I want and all perks on all the characters I play regularly.

Unfortunately for me that'll probably be most of this game's lifespan since I play somewhat infrequently and they keep adding content.

It's a shame too. I usually have more fun running builds without BBQ and the aura reading almost never does anything for me that just using my eyes and brain couldn't.

• NyquilousDilwad
    NyquilousDilwad Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Options

I always run it to get the double points tbh. Once I’m maxed out on a killer then I just switch it for something else.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

I always use it, but mostly because of the bp boost

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2019
    Options

i used to only use the perk on killers that really benefit from the aura reading, like billy.

lately however i am running it on everyone, simply because i'd much rather take 60k BP than 30k.

the aura reading is nice too, but i really only use it for BPs.

i think im still not running it on wraith atm, as i believe he is better off with other perks - anti loop perks to be exact. wraiths main strength lies in finding survivors, so BBQ is not really needed.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

I can definitely play without it, and I have for various P3-50 Killer runs, where BBQ doesn't drop.

If I could use it for any non-specified build, than obviously I will yes. Its free BPs, and a aura reading... Why wouldn't you use it? Unless you're doing a specific perk build.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

BBQ is one of the best-designed perks in the whole damn game and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. My first priority on any new killer is unlocking it and, once I have it, I never let it go.

The extra BP is awesome, as people have pointed out. The fact that it doubles the total post-game makes it indispensable for BP grinding.

The aura sight is wonderful as well, especially for newer killers who are still training their map awareness. Even if I can't reach the other survivors in time to catch them with the info I gained, it still lets me get an idea of where they are and what they're up to. If I see two guys on a gen across the map, that info is valuable whether or not I can turn it into an immediate chase or hook.

But BEST OF ALL, the perk rewards killers for spread pressure and aggressive play. Even at the first rank, you need to hook at least two different survivors to get max benefit. At rank 3, you need to hook the whole team at least once. This discourages tunneling and camping while encouraging map pressure.

When I play with BBQ, I care less about kills than I do about hooks. If I hooked everyone twice, then they all escaped, I'm still ending the match with a ton of BP. I feel like this is more fun for everyone, as I'm less pressured to secure kills to get paid. It's less stress on me because I still make some bank even if everyone gets away and it's less stress on the survivors because I'm much less likely to tunnel and camp them.

BBQ is love, BBQ is life.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    Options

Yep. I play Trapper more than any other killer and he just... doesn't benefit much from it. Sure, you'll get a general idea of where everyone was at the time of hooking the survivor, but his mobility is too limited to make use of the information (assuming they're smart enough to move away). Additionally, not only does whispers offer better tracking but it lets you know if someone might be watching you put down a sneaky trap.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited September 2019
    Options

Depends on the killer. Some killers lack mobility and lethality to the point that I feel the need to drop BBQ for something else to help in chase. A killer like Plague is better with Infectious Fright, for instance.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I am that type of person that prefers being as optimal as possible in every situation when it comes to resources in games. If I have it unlocked, I will 100% use it, for the extra BP. Same deal with WGLF.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I use it on almost everything, there's no reason for me not to get double points for just playing normally.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I used to play without BBQ for quite some time and don't really like using it because it's a boring perk that merely increases "efficiency" rather than "fun gameplay" but the double bloodpoints is kinda important when playing a killer that's addon reliant.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Normally, yeah. It's a sort of reward for hooking a survivor, you get to see the other survivors for a bit even though they'll most likely run from that area, but youll have a general idea. Plus, extra BPis great.

• 2Khours
    2Khours Member Posts: 158
    Options

it is a must for me, i use it on nearly every killer

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Even though I have it I rarely use it since idc about BP all that much, I'll eventually get what I want, and aren't going to lower the efficiency of my build just for some extra BP, I'd much rather have fun.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Options

BBQ is a mandatory perk for me to use on all of my killers. Only streamers don’t use bbq because they play all day.

Survivor side I always run WGLF and prove thyself. I manage to get pretty similar BP per hour on both sides if you take into consideration queue times and such using these builds.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited September 2019
    Options

I usualy use it until I get all the perks I want on each killer. Its convenient and great for farming BP, but I find that its not the most usefull perk for every single killer.

I've allmost entirely stopped using it on "setup" killers like Trapper Hag and eventually Demogorgon. I use the time after a hook to place traps and portals and don't waste time looking around for BBQ reads.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Ya on non huntress killers since I don't want to be dependent on that perk and it isn't too useful on some killers

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

I, myself, will hate playing with out it. I usually will keep dumping points into a killer until they get BBQ Tier 3 before I'll even play them.

Unless I'm going for an achv I won't play without it. The BP gain is too much, plus the BP gain is far easier to get as killer. At least to me. WGLF is good, but I wish there was a bit more that could be done to get that capped out at 4 stacks.

• AgentApple50
    AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38
    Options

If the blood point bonus was base, I would never use BBQ.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Why would anyone NOT have it on? I’m currently not even using Demogorgon when I have 52 out of 63 perks on him because I don’t have BBQ not even tier 1! It just feels like a grind only being able to buy half a blood web per game without bbq. So I’m using other killers with BBQ to unlock more demo blood webs in hopes that I get bbq. Thank god for this new bloodweb or else I might not be using Demogorgon for another month!

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Even if they removed the aura tracking I would still use it on all killers

Even with the BW changes the game is still a super grind-fest. While survivors can play without add-ons as it only affects items. Killers need to have add-ons in order to stay competitive, use certain playstyles, and just generally buff them

Especially in the case of very add-on dependent killers such as Ghostface, Wraith, Trapper, Bubba, and others