Clown buff idea

Options

Many are very much aware that the state of the Clown (sad to say for such a Jolly guy) is not in the best of shape. Despite having a power that directly impacts the chase he somehow still remains lackluster and oftentimes appears in the bottom half of tier lists.

While I don't think his situation is as dire as that of The Pig (who I firmly believe is the worst Stealth killer as well as the worst killer in general) doesn't mean he's doing well.

I had a real quick idea to buff his power and I'll just cut right to it: make the afterpiece tonic bottles stack in effect. Meaning, that when a survivor is hit with the gas clouds of multiple bottles, increase the percent slow-down so that a survivor can't just tank through the cloud(s). Despite having an ability that is supposed to directly impact the chase, I see so many survivors still able to loop effectively against the Clown disregarding the smoke as if it isn't even there.

The current slowdown effect in certain circumstances sometimes isn't enough to prevent a survivor from reaching a pallet , or a window. Especially since there is no medium vault for pallets, meaning survivors can just stand in the smoke next to a pallet, and fast vault to the other side without consequence. In that specific scenario the bottles do next to nothing.

So increase the effect of slowdown the longer a survivor stays in the gas, running into a second gas cloud would cause a similar effect. Currently intoxicated survivors only suffer from a 15% reduced movement speed, the base effect could be buffed to something like 20 or 25% and then the stack from there could increase by another 15% each time the survivor runs into a new gas cloud. The progression of reduced movement speed the longer you stay in a single gas cloud could be 5% for each second or something. Reward Clown players for hitting survivors directly with a bottle by slowing them for a 20% stack

TL;DR simplified version: Increase the effectiveness of the Afterpiece tonic bottles, increasing the slow down penalty up from 15% (stacking it dependent for each new gas cloud, or how long a survivor stays in a single cloud just seemed like a more interesting and realistic idea to me).