Who is The Observer?

Options
Pokerface303
Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110

With the Archive also comes a new character with it called The Observer. My question is who do you think this character is? Is it someone we know or is it a whole new character. My theory is that it's Benedict Baker. 

1. The reason he is in the Entity's realm in the first place is because he was trying to figure out what happened to the town of Weeks and the evil that surrounds it. So it would make sense for him to continue his search in the Entity's realm to figure out what the Entity really is. 

2. In his continued search for what the Entity is he has documented almost everything so over the years he would build up enough journals to create an archive. 

3. He has been in the Entity's realm for so long he has probably found out ways to get information from the entity. This is why he could be able to look in the survivors minds and see their past (as we saw with baby claudette)

4. For being one of the oldest survivors its weird that he isn't a character, most likely because he is now The Observer and not a survivor so he doesn't do trials anymore. 

This is just my little theory I had in my head for a while. It's probably not right and I'm sure it has some holes in it but it's always fun to theorize. So what do you guys think of the Observer? 

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Dave Meltzer rating killers' wrestling matches.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

That's my theory too, since we have no idea what BB has done since Hallowed Blight, and the quotes stopped coming.

I have to disagree about being one of the oldest survivors, though, since there are many, many older than him. Vigo, for one, as well as those listed in the random survivor perks. Do not base his age on what year he arrived, since the realm is timeless.

However, it could also be Vigo, since that name is essentially a legend in the lore right now.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2019
    Options

I'd like to think that Benedict Baker and Vigo are completely different from this "Observer" doing their own things trying to piece together the puzzle themselves. I don't think they have any special power or insight like the "Observer" does, except for their own experience, having been stuck in the realm of the Entity for so long.

The Observer is probably just another piece in the puzzle, another mystery to solve for the community to ruminate over.

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 144
    Options

Devs said we have to figure out his lore when the Archives come out, but seeing as how the devs called him the Prisoner, he isn’t doing this willingly. Meaning he was probably once a survivor, perhaps a survivor who injected themselves with a serum to escape and was driven mad from it.

Vigo and Benedict are both journalists, which means either of them would get an Archives as their place to stay, plus, why would the Entity give the Prisoner this power in the first place? So the characters can remember what they are fighting for, so they get more hope, or rage. It can keep growing.

Another thing, Vigo supposedly isn’t in the Entity’s realm anymore, meaning he is possibly in the void

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31
    Options

All hail the watcher!

• TheRealHansGruber
    TheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 204
    Options

Is it an actual servant to the entity? Or does it have its own motivations?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options