Why do the developers favor survivors so hard at the high ranks?

2»

Comments

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

Great news guys! By Abandoning the Clown (Thanks for ranks 20ish-4, ye served meh well) and embracing the Spirit, I earned the achievement in a few days! From 4 to 1! I even earned rank 1 with a perfect match! :D

This thread also got a little heated. Can we be a bit more civil, folks?

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

My thoughts after reaching rank 1:

Spirit is overpowered in the sense that even some red rank survivors do not know how to mind game her. That being said, there were still teams and red ranks who did very well with all 4 escaping. Also, Iron Will wrecks her tracking as sound is key. But all in all, as people have already said, I agree she tips the scales towards the killer but only because survivors are not used to her shenanigans.

What I enjoyed most about Spirit is that DS and instant heals didn't extremely hurt her (as they do clown for instance). I could easily just track the DS person/Instant heal person down or just go elsewhere. Also, She can travel between the gens so FAST! I realized that killer movement is honestly what Nurse, (new) Freddy, Billy, and Spirit have in common, and why I personally thing they are all upper tier killers. Fast movement is what allows juggling. I actually think I might open another thread on this topic.

All in all, overpowered survivor perks and items (DS, borrow time, instant heals) simply do not hurt the meta killers (Spirit, Nurse, Billy, maybe (new) Freddy) as much as the others. Additionally, distance does not hurt the meta killers either as they all have flexible movement abilities (flexible in the sense that they get you to where you want to go without conditions such as triggering a trap or a portal).

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

This! And I play both and main Freddy (even before the re-work) so I get it.

Great response all around.

• joan
    joan Member Posts: 122

And why you don't create now a discussion: "Why the developers favor spirit so hard at any rank?"

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

OP didn't get the tag for the post; if a "trusted member" comments on any post then the post gets the tag - not OP.

It's not supposed to be a reflection on the content but tbh it's confusing the way it has been implemented.

They definitely need to rework it.