Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Was the BNP nerf really needed?

I think the nerf is just too much. Theres absolutely no reason to spend 7000 blood points on it anymore.

I think it would be better to make the BNP more expensive to use so people actually have to make the choice if its worth it to them.

My examples are:
Increase the cost of Ultra Rare Addons in the bloodweb to 15000 blood points.
In order to use Ultra Rare Addons like BNP, Odd Bulp and Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe you must use an Item of Very Rare rarity. This means (Engineer's Toolbox, Alex's Toolbox, Utility Flashlight or Ranger Med-Kit. This will put a hefty price on the Addons in the case of Healing and Repairing. Flashlight wont change anything but you wont see Odd Bulb on lower quality Flashlights anymore. This also means that when you dont own a Very Rare item the Addons become useless untill you do.

In the case of BNP you can even make it that it forces you to use it the moment you start repairing your first generator to prevent people from saving it during the match. This will apply 2 things to the game. 1, Survivors instantly start a generator when the game starts with the chance of the killer finding them first wasting part of the BNP. 2. Survivors dont do anything untill someone has been found. Unless 1, works out for them in both cases survivors lose time.

Comments

• yugidragon
    yugidragon Member Posts: 18

I think the nerf is fine, but the idea of 15kBP is not bad at all. I personally would never buy a 15k addon lol.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@TheXenoborg said:
    The nerf is fine, but the max 25% progression is too low. It should be at most 50%.

Its not even 25% Its 15% with double the chance to proc your generator for the killer to see. Its like using BNP is using a handicap lol. Not worth the points or the risk.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited July 2018

It was definitely necessary.

BNPs were fine when mori didn't require a hook.

Bring back Insta mori then bring back Insta gens. I mean Insta gens too not the more recent BNPs 8-)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yes the nerf was necessary, the gens are done too quick even if there is no toolbox used at all.
    15k for an ultra rare is just ridiculous if you think about how much DCs happen

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2018

Yes it was.
    Losing a generator in the opening seconds was FAR too strong, then factor in that there can be as many as 4 of them per trial.
    The dev stream where they announced the BNP nerf also had the following buff's to BNP:

• Rareity changed to Purple 6000 bloodpoint cost, will be in the bloodweb a lot more often.
    • No longer consumes the toolbox on use, so you can use it on a green or purple toolbox etc and keep the tooolbox for use after the 25% from the BNP.

The first change doesn't seem to be on the PTB though as it's still ultra rare.
    Also, even if a BNP cost 20,000 BP if it was still doing 100% of a generator in seconds it would still be too strong and need a nerf.
    A lot of the time killers dodge a lobby is due to there being too many toolboxes, it's not the toolboxes but the fear of 1-4 BNP's being brought into the game that makes them dodge too many toolboxes.

Nerf is needed and it's comming next patch, unfortunately the hatch and DS nerfs are not but that's for another topic, along with "should Mori's be nerfed again too then?".

• yugidragon
    yugidragon Member Posts: 18

@Master said:
    Yes the nerf was necessary, the gens are done too quick even if there is no toolbox used at all.

What do you mean? I think it's actually a good idea, because you can see how strong those ultra rare addons are...one shot hatchets, insta heal, BNP etc. BNP is not the only problem if you think about it.

• Shadoureon

@yugidragon said:

@Master said:

What do you mean? I think it's actually a good idea, because you can see how strong those ultra rare addons are...one shot hatchets, insta heal, BNP etc. BNP is not the only problem if you think about it.

It also makes you think wether 15k is worth it to you. You might not even earn it back in the match you use it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I'm not upset with the fact BNP is nerfed, that's a good thing. I'm upset that the solution we got is such a ######### mess of design. It hurts my eyes to look at that new card. WTH, you need a math degree to understand how it benefits you. Then the... add-on is used? What other add-on works that way? It's just complete nonsense.

The simple solution should have been; BNP makes great skill checks HUGE and add maybe +2% for great skill checks, and it comes at the cost of making TB less efficient. Then if you use BNP on say a white toolbox, it could only do 75% or something unless you use a spool. BNP would then be a good counter to Ruin and such giving it value, it would mean you need at least a yellow TB or spool to make use of it giving it cost, and that would make it balanced and fair.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    edited July 2018

@Shadoureon said:
    I think the nerf is just too much. Theres absolutely no reason to spend 7000 blood points on it anymore.

I think it would be better to make the BNP more expensive to use so people actually have to make the choice if its worth it to them.

My examples are:
    In order to use Ultra Rare Addons like BNP, Odd Bulp and Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe you must use an Item of Very Rare rarity. This means (Engineer's Toolbox, Alex's Toolbox, Utility Flashlight or Ranger Med-Kit. This will put a hefty price on the Addons in the case of Healing and Repairing. Flashlight wont change anything but you wont see Odd Bulb on lower quality Flashlights anymore. This also means that when you dont own a Very Rare item the Addons become useless untill you do.

changing the blood price only affects players who havent maxed out their characters on perks, because once you have gotten all the perks on the characters you play, you no longer need blood points
    and requiring higher level items for higher level addons is mostly in the same boat

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

yes it was needed. 5 mins match without bnp it tells you how stupid the game is with even 1 bnp.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Shadoureon said:

My examples are:

In the case of BNP you can even make it that it forces you to use it the moment you start repairing your first generator to prevent people from saving it during the match. This will apply 2 things to the game. 1, Survivors instantly start a generator when the game starts with the chance of the killer finding them first wasting part of the BNP. 2. Survivors dont do anything untill someone has been found. Unless 1, works out for them in both cases survivors lose time.

How about no? There is no killer addon, that allows him to instantly remove one survivor from the game, so why should be there an addon, that allow survivors to instantly do one gen?

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Yes, the nerf was needed. The ability to get a gen done seconds after the match begins, that coupled with SWF groups possibly bringing in four, was way too strong. Was it nerfed to hard? Maybe. I think we should see how it plays out first before deciding if it needs a bit of a buff or if it's still viable.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Imo BNPs aren’t even worth getting the way it is now
  • Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    nerf was needed, as explained in the dev stream, if killers were to see that there was multiple gens popping in the first 20 seconds of a match, they would feel more stressed and entitled to camp their kills.
  • Shadoureon

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    nerf was needed, as explained in the dev stream, if killers were to see that there was multiple gens popping in the first 20 seconds of a match, they would feel more stressed and entitled to camp their kills.

Killers camp for 100 more reasons than BNP procs.

• Master

@yugidragon said:

@Master said:

Every DC wastes an ultra rare addon (at least for killers), so I think its a bad idea increasing the price to 15k as long as DCing isnt punished

• Master

@Shadoureon said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:

Killers camp for 100 more reasons than BNP procs.

Gens pop fast enough without any toolboxes to be worth a camp

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Absolutely it deserves this nerf, one of the most ridiculous addons this game's ever had.

You're right that it should probably have its rarity reduced though, probably to a Very Rare.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    edited July 2018
    Play killer with 4 bnp... 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018

I think the nerf is fine, but the idea of 15kBP is not bad at all. I personally would never buy a 15k addon lol.

Unless of cause your forced too because the entity has made it impossible to progress without buying it.
    its completely fine if no one wants it now, I’m pretty sure that was the point anyway
  • Shadoureon

@Joekillu said:
    Play killer with 4 bnp... 

As id those matches happen day in day out... Ive only seen 2 matches with BNP in all of my 670 hours. Never more than those.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Their data was showing that games with multiple BNP's had more of an impact on the game than they liked, so yes the nerf was justified.

At the very least, it shaves 12 seconds off the generator time, with a potential to take off 20. That's still very powerful.

If anything, it puts the BNP back in to the same territory as the killer's Mori now.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

The Nerf was necessary come on an addon shouldn't be a ticket to an insta gen that's ridiculous. Bravo for the NERF BRAVO!!!!

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@TheXenoborg said:
    The nerf is fine, but the max 25% progression is too low. It should be at most 50%.

Maybe 30-40%. 50% is a LOT, especially if there's only one survivor on the generator doing it.

As for 15k bloodpoints to get it, that's far too much.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    To be honest I laugh at anyone who uses BNPs especially at high ranks.
  • mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2018
    I rarely ever see a game with multiple bnp are used. I don't think it was necessary and plenty of people waste them when there's a ruin. I mean bnp is op but Myers can mori someone real quick and that's ok lol. Plus potatoes dc all the time. At 25% I'll never use it 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    This is a personal opinion so don’t lose your ######### over it people, but I’d be okay with bnp effect being that it gives a bit of a speed increase (not to much ) but is mostly used to prevent the generator from being tampered with by the killer. IE use the bnp and if someone running pop goes the weasel, overcharge,  kicks it that specific generator can’t exceed normal regression rate or nullifies the tiny tiny woobly skill checks. Maybe too op? Idk. I’d rather they counter gen tampering than get a 25% bonus.
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Of course it was. Doing all 5 gens in 2 minutes instead of 3 gives the Killers literally no room to do anything.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

bnp's as they are now are just flat out unfair!!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, it was. Any more questions?

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Yes, it was needed and it's fine as it is /thread.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    When they're this common? Yep a hard nerf is needed. Something that instantly skips 1/5th of the objectives is pretty broken, and any game with multiple BNPs is just pointless tbh, games over too quick and no one gets much for BP.

Although with the new change I'd say it should be moved down to very rare from "ultra" (Yep this is totally ultra rare BHVR)

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394

I never used a BNP on survivor before the nerf was announced, but I had 3 of them. I tried them out with friends in an SWF to see if they were really that OP, and yes, they really are. 4 gens popped before the killer started his first chase.

• Shadoureon

@Baphomett said:
    I never used a BNP on survivor before the nerf was announced, but I had 3 of them. I tried them out with friends in an SWF to see if they were really that OP, and yes, they really are. 4 gens popped before the killer started his first chase.

Calling a addon OP because you used multiple as a SWF team...

• Orion

@Shadoureon said:

@Baphomett said:

To balance a game, you must balance it at the highest level of play. That's their maximum potential, but it's too powerful, so it must be nerfed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well, survivors had the chance to object the BNP nerf, by playing on the PTB and giving the devs valuable data which could have softened the nerf.
    But they prefered to ignore the PTB, since there was nothing in for them.

So survivors got this on themselfes. Good job!

• Orion

@Tsulan said:
    Well, survivors had the chance to object the BNP nerf, by playing on the PTB and giving the devs valuable data which could have softened the nerf.

Indeed, gotta love it when Survivors shoot themselves in the foot, like when they hookrush.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

Indeed, gotta love it when Survivors shoot themselves in the foot, like when they hookrush.

Then they get mad at the killer, because he´s "tunneling" the injured survivor, instead of going for the healthy one who has DS and is going to loop the killer for 3 gens.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394

@Baphomett said:

Yes, I am.  SWF is more common than solo. All survivor perks and items should be evaluated based on the impact of having 4 of them in a match.  This is a 4v1 game.

Same reason DS is stupidly OP.  If they changed it so ONLY the obsession gets it, most killers would be okay with it.  Sure, some killers would still be salty about one DS per match and post about it on here, but ultimately they would just have to live with it.