Endgame Timer Killed us early?

I had a game where me and my friend where waiting at the opened exit gate to make sure we can hopefully save 2 randoms with the endgame timer counting down. As it was a quarter of the way till death. The game decided to kill us when we still had the timer counting down. Has anyone else experienced this? The entire match was confused why it set off early, all 4 of us were killed.

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I don't know if this is true, but I read it somewhere here on the forums

Apparently if the killer DCs during EGC instead of taking everyone back to the lobby it will end the timer earlier

Again I don't know if it's true, I just read this somewhere

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500

This was mentioned as a known issue with the hotfix, expect a fix within the next week or 2.

• LuisOMGamer
    LuisOMGamer Member Posts: 9

Yeah, it also happened to me on a match.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

On the patch notes for this recent one, they said there's a known issue with the collapse timer, maybe this is it? Wonder if the killer saw the timer as empty.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Two survivors died in my killer match today. They were standing pretty close to the exit gate, so I doubt they meant to die. The timer did indeed look empty to me.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I had a survivor die in my game yesterday when they could have easily escaped, they then said in the post-game chat that they still had time left, seems like a bug, or a buff.

If you can escape and don't but would rather wait until the last second then get punished for it I guess.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306
    edited September 2019

The timer is definitely bugged. Same thing happened to me twice yesterday after 30 seconds. My friend was trying to get the exit gate open and died to the entity as soon as the killer closed the hatch. Timer might look like it’s ran down for killers but not for survivors lol

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I've seen so many people die because they think they have more time. Bug needs to be fixed asap.

I'm pretty sure the bell rings every 30 seconds or so, so after it rings 3 times get out ASAP