Perk NERFs

Options
RotBb
RotBb Member Posts: 396
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
With the 2.1.0 update over the horizon, we are getting our perks nerfed. Sprint burst, dead hard, lithe, balanced landing, self care. They’re becoming less useful with the next update. Here’s my idea to keep their usefulness just as good. 
Self Care- using a medkit to heal by yourself will make the medkit lose charges at 30/40/50% the speed. Lose progress when not using a medkit is healing is interrupted. Heal others with medkits 30/40/50% faster.
Exhaustion perks- normal activation situations still apply. Recover from exhaustion at 25/30/40% speed while running, 75/80/85% while walking, 90/95/100% while crouched, and 95/100/105% while not moving. 

Comments

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@RotBb said:
    With the 2.1.0 update over the horizon, we are getting our perks nerfed. Sprint burst, dead hard, lithe, balanced landing, self care. They’re becoming less useful with the next update. Here’s my idea to keep their usefulness just as good. 
    Self Care- using a medkit to heal by yourself will make the medkit lose charges at 30/40/50% the speed. Lose progress when not using a medkit is healing is interrupted. Heal others with medkits 30/40/50% faster.
    Exhaustion perks- normal activation situations still apply. Recover from exhaustion at 25/30/40% speed while running, 75/80/85% while walking, 90/95/100% while crouched, and 95/100/105% while not moving. 

Sorry, but the point of a nerf is to make a perk less useful, or drop it out of the meta. People were complaining that Dead Hard, Lithe, and Balanced Landing didn't need nerfs. They actually do because once Sprint Burst dropped out of the meta, people would turn to these perks for their Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst was the actual speed boost on demand. Lithe and Balanced Landing had certain conditions that needed to be met to activate the Sprint Burst within. Lithe was pretty much Sprint Burst, but you HAD to be in a chase to use it, and you couldn't use it in open areas. Balanced Landing also has its uses. You could have the Killer chase you, and just hop off a ledge, have reduced stun time, and get a Sprint Burst. The most probable reason that it's only a Rare Perk and not a Very Rare Perk is that it depends on the map's terrain, which is the determining factor of its usefulness. We do have map offerings too, so Charred Wedding Photographs, Jigsaw Pieces,The Last Mask, and even Heart Lockets would rise in use, threatening Killers with the ability to abuse the height of the map's main building's and height attractions. Adding these would simply be reworks, and might even make them better. The whole point of the Exhaustion nerf was for it to be less of a problem for Killers, especially good ones.

• RotBb
    Options

@RotBb said:

Sorry, but the point of a nerf is to make a perk less useful, or drop it out of the meta. People were complaining that Dead Hard, Lithe, and Balanced Landing didn't need nerfs. They actually do because once Sprint Burst dropped out of the meta, people would turn to these perks for their Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst was the actual speed boost on demand. Lithe and Balanced Landing had certain conditions that needed to be met to activate the Sprint Burst within. Lithe was pretty much Sprint Burst, but you HAD to be in a chase to use it, and you couldn't use it in open areas. Balanced Landing also has its uses. You could have the Killer chase you, and just hop off a ledge, have reduced stun time, and get a Sprint Burst. The most probable reason that it's only a Rare Perk and not a Very Rare Perk is that it depends on the map's terrain, which is the determining factor of its usefulness. We do have map offerings too, so Charred Wedding Photographs, Jigsaw Pieces,The Last Mask, and even Heart Lockets would rise in use, threatening Killers with the ability to abuse the height of the map's main building's and height attractions. Adding these would simply be reworks, and might even make them better. The whole point of the Exhaustion nerf was for it to be less of a problem for Killers, especially good ones.

Yes while I see where you’re coming from, the blanket nerf is too big of a nerf. Unless the killer swings and misses before you vault, you will get hit. Dead hard is not a log enough sprint to escape the chase. Balanced landing couldn’t even activate on certain maps. Sprint Burst is the largest meta, right next to self care, but that doesn’t mean that all exhaustion perks need a nerf. It’s like playing Lérys as Leatherface. There are so many windows that your chainsaw becomes useless. Balanced landing can’t be activated on a portion of maps, so you brought a useless perk. If you’re injured, it’s likely you’re going down if you try to use lithe.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    RotBb said:

@RotBb said:

Yes while I see where you’re coming from, the blanket nerf is too big of a nerf. Unless the killer swings and misses before you vault, you will get hit. Dead hard is not a log enough sprint to escape the chase. Balanced landing couldn’t even activate on certain maps. Sprint Burst is the largest meta, right next to self care, but that doesn’t mean that all exhaustion perks need a nerf. It’s like playing Lérys as Leatherface. There are so many windows that your chainsaw becomes useless. Balanced landing can’t be activated on a portion of maps, so you brought a useless perk. If you’re injured, it’s likely you’re going down if you try to use lithe.
    I guess you meant Billy instead of Leatherface. I do just fine with him on Lerys. Adapting really helps. Lithe would have become the new Sprint Burst. Balanced Landing was and will always be a niche perk unless they give it a complete overhaul.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Are you a new player? Your conversation shows you just don't want to change your perk set up because it is comfortable for you. All exhaustion perks are strong (from a consistent rank one definitely before emblem survivor). Map offerings gives you ideal maps, all maps have a drop so smart survivors will stick to where their perk can activate. Dead hard is unique and not about escaping a chase. Survivors use these perks to extend a chase, not to escape. Game ends in 8 minutes or less for average competent players. Pro level? 4 minutes or less. If a survivor buys time for 2 gens, then d strikes that's more than half objectives gone. Any competent survivor can buy enough time so that  most killers catch them by the time one gen is done. Three hooks at that case equals three gens, not counting ruin or time it takes to go to another survivor to start a chase. Dead hard also allows a survivor to go over a trapper's trap and put the pallet down on the other side. Time is not on the killers side and I'm a survivor saying this. Survivors are overpowered compared to killers. And we have to remember there is swf who normally use coms which the game literally was for randoms with no voice communication gives them an edge and can kill the stealth of stealth killers and can extend the search time for survivors since they can receive a verbal warning.
  • RotBb
    Options
    Are you a new player? Your conversation shows you just don't want to change your perk set up because it is comfortable for you. All exhaustion perks are strong (from a consistent rank one definitely before emblem survivor). Map offerings gives you ideal maps, all maps have a drop so smart survivors will stick to where their perk can activate. Dead hard is unique and not about escaping a chase. Survivors use these perks to extend a chase, not to escape. Game ends in 8 minutes or less for average competent players. Pro level? 4 minutes or less. If a survivor buys time for 2 gens, then d strikes that's more than half objectives gone. Any competent survivor can buy enough time so that  most killers catch them by the time one gen is done. Three hooks at that case equals three gens, not counting ruin or time it takes to go to another survivor to start a chase. Dead hard also allows a survivor to go over a trapper's trap and put the pallet down on the other side. Time is not on the killers side and I'm a survivor saying this. Survivors are overpowered compared to killers. And we have to remember there is swf who normally use coms which the game literally was for randoms with no voice communication gives them an edge and can kill the stealth of stealth killers and can extend the search time for survivors since they can receive a verbal warning.
    Yes I agree on many terms of your argument. Not every map has drop offs. The extended chases is really when a high rank survivor is in low ranks. A good killer vs an equally good survivor, the chase won’t be too long, even with these perks. Yes I agree killers aren’t as strong as survivors are now, but the problems isn’t the perks, it’s the ranking. A good killer who can counter the survivor won’t be complaining about the perks, it’s the killers who don’t know how to counter the survivors who complain. Having to use a map offering just to use a perk is dumb. 5000 bloodpoints just for a perk to work is ridicules
  • BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248
    Options

I think the nerf is fine i play both sides and in my opinion this is an ok nerf it is harsh but needed

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @BottledWater agreed
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    These perks were all a bit much. Many are situational and they are meant to be. 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I dont see why you'd nerf self care though? A nurses calling counters it and it's really not that good. It's a life saver I know but it's a perk that does its job perfectly if you nerf it then it's just not really a proper perk. I mean self care is actually one of the only perks that do their jobs correctly. I agree with the exhaustion nerf though, I don't give two f's about that. But when you look at it, Self care really isn't a perk you should nerf it literally does its job just fine but nerfing it will remove that original feeling to it.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Poweas said:

I dont see why you'd nerf self care though? A nurses calling counters it and it's really not that good. It's a life saver I know but it's a perk that does its job perfectly if you nerf it then it's just not really a proper perk. I mean self care is actually one of the only perks that do their jobs correctly. I agree with the exhaustion nerf though, I don't give two f's about that. But when you look at it, Self care really isn't a perk you should nerf it literally does its job just fine but nerfing it will remove that original feeling to it.

Nurses calling does not counter selfcare, as smart survivors do not heal in the terror radius anyway. It makes an item irrelevant (medkits) since they can run self care and another item.