We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Wowee, look at this new polls subforum

Options
2»

Comments

• DADDYMYERS1978
    DADDYMYERS1978 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Both

I play both sides killer more often than survivor. Basically it's try to survive and get bullied. Try to kill them get bullied. I understand the life isn't fair concept but you don't have to be 🍆's to eachother

• ExalyThor
    ExalyThor Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Both

I play both, now based solely on queue times (short queue times for survivor in the morning, short queue times for killer in the evening). Though the tomes are what made me play survivor, I used to play killer only.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options
    Both

I play both but I very much prefer survivor, I enjoy the sneaking and cat and mouse style of gameplay more than I like the aggressive chase and attack type of gameplay.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

How the hell did this get necroed?

• thatboosteddwight
    thatboosteddwight Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Both

Killer is to easy now this game needs a chapter dedicated to addressing the 200 known bugs...

• mightytoxic784
    mightytoxic784 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Both

Wheres the new discussion button i literally cant find it anywhere

• Aradia5589
    Aradia5589 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Survivor

I play survivor But I want to start playing killer , just a little worried I will definitely bomb out on my first try

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 493
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Both

People who don't play both sides shouldn't really be considered in any kind of balance changes.

Yeah sure, X feels to play unfair against and stuff... but just because it feels this way doesn't mean it is... You know what is the best way to defeat something? Start doing this something - Starcraft tought me this... Holy crap ZvP is so easy and inba... jokes on me, it's super hard to pull off and now I know how both sides work...

@Aradia5589 Just start playing and don't care about people opinions. Watch Otzdarva's any guide and you will have lots of basics. Wraith is propably your best bet to start with (Must have sloppy butcher though), maybe Trapper.

• Skittering_Roach
    Options
    Survivor

Survivor main for now. Trying to get more into Killer, largely sticking to Legion and Demo-dog, but it's just a more stressful role tbh. At the moment I mostly play friendly to farm rift challenges and get used to the mechanics.

Kinda hoping that one day they might upgrade the tutorial mode so that you can try out different killers. I have little to no interest in playing the Trapper.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,048
    Options
    Killer

Both now.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options
    Survivor

I can't play fps type games, so only Survivor for me. If there was a third person view for killer I would play killer, but I currently can't.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530
    Options
    Both

I play for both sides

For an imbalanced Rin when alone (I play with dignity without moral filth)

And in the evening with friends against campers with tunnels (there is no other way to name the killers at the moment)

• Jahhlu
    Jahhlu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Survivor

WHAT

• Jahhlu
    Jahhlu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Survivor

Honda Accord 2021

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Killer

I play survivor only to complete daily challenges, otherwise only killer. Playing durvivor is incredibly boring tbh

• dgskurama
    dgskurama Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Both

Take the hook off and put the same teleport mechanic as Piramed Red into teleporting the Surv, to another random hook on the map. So you can take out this 5 second BT/Agility which doesn't help at all to suver them against Tunelas.

• dgskurama
    dgskurama Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Both

Take the hook off and put the same teleport mechanic as Piramed Red into teleporting the Surv, to another random hook on the map. So you can take out this 5 second BT/Agility which doesn't help at all to suver them against Tunelas.

• Kittentheboss
    Kittentheboss Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Both

I'm a killler main that plays SWF and solo on occasion.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 238
    Options

What can we do to not make the options solid white so I don't have to highlight them every single time?

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Both

I do not have a button to create polls, neither in this section, not in others

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,238
    Options
    Both

What platform are you on?

as it's showing for me on both mobile and PC

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    Options
    Killer

Homicide :)

• FeryGEN
    Options
    Both

PC, I don't use my phone to view the forums so I can't say

• Mandy
    Options
    Both

This is what I see @FeryGEN can you give me information on what browser etc you are on please? to try to narrow down what's causing this issue for you.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Both

Felix by day, Clown by night.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 326
    Options

Same issue here, it doesn't give me the option to create polls, which is what I think @FeryGEN meant.

For me, it's Chrome on Windows 11. Chrome version: 108.0.5359.125 64-bit

Same with me on Mobile, iOS 16.0.

The button would be above Quick Links, but isn't there.

• FeryGEN
    Options
    Both

Windows 7, 64 bit, Google Chrome ver. 108.0.5359.124

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Both

I am a Dead by Daylight main!

• Mandy
    Options
    Both

I've done some playing around with settings, can you check now please?

If not I'll look further into this in the morning, it's nearly midnight for me right now.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 326
    Options

I think it worked? For me at least.. I can create polls now.

Always coming in clutch <3

• FeryGEN
    Options
  • Mandy
    Options
    Both

whew, that's a relief!

Go forth, make polls! (and sorry for the inconvenience with the delay!) <3

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,141
    Options
    Killer

Definitely killer. I just find it way more engaging and i think all of the add-ons and perk pool is much more balanced and varied. I like that it's solo experience too, i always prefer to work on my own.

I am lucky so many people enjoy playing survivor because i really do not. I just feel like as survivor most of the time you are not doing anything. Just my opinion though.

• Profesoras
    Profesoras Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Killer

I was killer main for like 2 years and now im playing with friends idk its easy to counter killers i play like 4k hours ( i hate solo q )

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Both

I propose introducing separate MMR ranks for survivors when playing solo and in a group.

This will allow you to achieve greater accuracy in selecting the enemy.

This will allow the developer to achieve better results from the match if desired.

I assume that another mandatory point for a successful match should be the presence of all running generators for the match and access to the gate.

Post edited by surv43 on
  • 9000OniMain
    9000OniMain Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Killer

Killer is better for me and survivor I always die

• itsm0rt3m
    itsm0rt3m Applicant Posts: 4
    Options
    Both

I play both because I feel like you do a disservice to the game if you don't play both, plus playing both makes you better at the game fundamentally because you know what both sides have to use. Yin and Yang.