Do You Prefer When The Game Is Easy Or Difficult To Rank Up?

Personally, I feel that the current system is flawed in too many ways. When you are a high rank killer the bar is really high to actually gain rank. Even getting 3 or 4 kills in a match doesn't guarantee a pip. Apparently if you kill survivors "too fast" then you aren't a good killer. While this is extremely frustrating, it also undeniably does the job of making ranking up difficult which in turn does actually separate good and bad players.

In the past, wome of the ranking up systems were much more forgiving. In general, if you played enough tehn you would rank up pretty much regardless of actual skill. Which brings me to my question. Do you prefer when the game is easy or difficult to rank up? On the one hand, if you are playing as a solo survivor in the red ranks if the game is difficult to rank up then the other survivors will more consistently be high quality players. On the other hand, the game tends to be very predictable at higher ranks when everyone plays in what is deemed as the optimal manner.

Let's throw another variable into the equation. Would your answer change if they add rewards to the ranking system? If for instance, you unlocked a new skin if you reach rank 1 during a season. Do you think this should be something everyone should be able to achieve if they put in the time or do you think it should be skill locked?

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I'm ok with piping sistem, the only change I'd do is for DCs to give an insta black pip for killers and being killed in the early 5 mins of the game cause of camping or tunneling to also give an insta black pip for survivors.

I know it might turn killers into toxic players by giving them the satisfaction or justification that if they tunnel or camp nothing happens to the survivor but it would give us good killers a chance of at least black piping when a specific survivor didn't like being downed early or didn't like the map...

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Rewards for ranks would only increase the issues in this game, as now. I'm fine with a harder rank up, also because red ranks survivors are way better than just a year ago. I'd just like to rank up when i deserve it, rather than safety because i'm playing billy or because i slug when it's smart to do so, or because last survivor took the hatch.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited September 2019

I want ranking up to be neither easy nor difficult but quite simply "logically". If I 4k within 3 minutes due to the incompetence of survivors I want to get my pip and rank up allowing me to play against more competent survivors.

Instead you're either getting a safety pip or a de-pip forcing you to keep playing against inexperienced players who kill themselves on hook or disconnect if things don't go their way immediately resulting in boring/frustrating games for the killer AND the survivors who keep getting dominated by the same killer since the killer can't rank up no matter how often said killer dominates them.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

I prefer when its played fair and everyone got a chance in the trial.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

When everyone got a chance.

I dont tunnel or use noed cause I dont need it and dont care if people are escaping actually.

I play both sides so I know what it feels like to get downed and moried quick, that kind of things id what I qualify not fair, since you're not able to play the game and have kind of an experience.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I think the current emblem system has a lot of problems and needs a complete overhaul, with an eye toward having it make sense without requiring players to do research outside the game.

As-is, I do really wish the pip requirements and thresholds were simply flat and consistent all the way from ranks 1-20. I really think this could at least be a band-aid for the current issues. It's stupid that, say, I can survive and not pip.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I want the game to be hard for survivors, but a fun, challenging type of hard.

I don't want:

"GG, it's a Omegablink Nurse."

"Iridescent hatchet Huntress, darn."

I want:

Second objectives

More intense moments

Counterplay to see who is more skilled

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh difficult, absolutely more difficult.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820
    edited September 2019

The emblems aren't perfect, but tbh the only thing I would change for killer would be to make Gatekeeper not hurt you quite so much. I've had so many games where the first few gens went really fast, then I got some momentum and ended up three-hooking everyone whilst defending the last gens. Then, because of the rush at the start, I only get a black pip.

Meanwhile they all died and still pipped.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,874

I'm not seeing many people answer the second half of my question. Let's say hypothetically that they introduced the following system:

Seasons last 2 months

Reward structure at end of each season for highest rank achieved-

Rank 20- no reward

Rank 19- 50 shards

Rank 18- 100 shards

Rank 17- 150 shards

Rank 16- 200 shards

Rank 15- 250 shards

Rank 14- 300 shards

Rank 13- 400 shards

Rank 12- 500 shards

Rank 11- 750 shards

Rank 10- 1000 shards

Rank 9- 1250 shards

Rank 8- 1500 shards

Rank 7- 2000 shards

Rank 6- 2500 shards

Rank 5- 3000 shards

Rank 4- 4000 shards

Rank 3- 5000 shards

Rank 2- 6000 shards

Rank 1- 7000 shards

If such a system was introduced, would that change your answer?

What if achieving Rank 1 also offered a unique skin that was only unlockable through this system?

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't really care. I just want BP

• Dreamnomad

Shards = bloodpoints. 2000 shards can be traded for something like 200,000 bloodpoints.

What if they were to hypothetically introduce a system where once you are rank 1, each pip you would earn would instead give 10,000 bonus bloodpoints? Therefore, getting to rank 1 and doing well would mean more bloodpoints.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Sure, but they won't go for that. They won't even lift our BP cap. No way will they give this type of reward. I wish they would. Would make dealing with the toxic cry babies in red ranks worth it.

• Dreamnomad

Okay so for you, bloodpoints trump all other concerns. So if there were more bloodpoints to be gained at rank 1 would you prefer ranking up to be difficult or easy? Do you think the bonus bloodpoints should be a luxury of the elite players or should anyone who puts in the time and effort be able to get them?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Technically speaking, by making the game more difficult for both survivors and killers, you're making it harder to pip. :)

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

It should be difficult to rank up, because the alternative, and what we've always had since the game launched, is that your rank is merely an indication of how often you've played lately. Even bad players can easily get to rank 1, it just takes longer than usual. This ensures that you will be forced to play against players you cannot handle and will never be able to escape unless keep disconnecting to depip.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    edited September 2019

Ranks should be removed from the game;

1. Most of the high rank players are boosted Survive with Friends.
    2. Queue times take too long after a while.*
    3. You're not rewarded for ranking.*
    4. Solo players usually queue with bad players.
    5. New players won't learn anything when facing other new players.
    6. Some killers will purposely de-pip to have relaxing games, same with survivors.
    7. Ranking splits the player base.*
    8. Rank Resets are pointless now.*
    9. The pip system is still broken with some killers. Trapper, Bubba, and Billy being top 3.
    10. You can still de-pip/safety pip in some cases even though you played the match well.

The ones marked with a star (*) are pretty much the main concerns I have with the rank system. What should happen is all ranks should be allowed to queue up with each other and be rewarded for getting higher ranks which is probably the best way to keep ranks in the game. The other way would be to completely remove ranks and have a score board with the top 50 people or so on it but still have a reward system and you could have a "Solo" "Survive With Friends" and specific killer tabs for them. Which could also promote some content creators on Twitch/Youtube since, I assume, some of them will be on there.

• DeadByWaiting
    DeadByWaiting Member Posts: 4

Make it harder to rank up , it’s to easy. A player can go all game without touching a gen, only unhooking and hiding, not taking a chase and still rank up

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

True, whenever I use the plague, I don't get much points in chasing and hitting, cause they don't heal = 1 hit down, they heal I'll get corrupted purge and spit around = no chasing.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I prefer when it's hard to rank up. I just get to play normally and not have to be in the red ranks with the most disgusting of players. It's much more fun.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

Hard! I do not want to be in red ranks. Take me out of here please.

• Dreamnomad

Are you saying that you purposely sandbag so you don't have to play with the tryhards? Been there, done that. But.... if it isn't hard to get high rank then the red ranks will be full of average players and it won't be such a tryhard experience.