Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dear BHVR...How about

Grey87
Grey87 Member Posts: 346

you do something about SWF instead of nerfing solo survivor players?
All those survivor nerfs and killer buffs will be almost useless agains the good old 4 man swf group and then what, you'll increase the generator repair time x2 to fix the "gen rush"?
Jesus christ...

Comments

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

The changes they made will indeed affect the balance of Solo Players

SWF will still do well with the changes but for solo players not really

x2 gen time is too strong, an extra Generator would be enough

as for fixing SWF, gives an extra perk slot for Killers when there is a group of 4

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

@RemoveSWF said:
    Do both.

Nerf solo players and remove SWF.

SWF is the issue, Solo players aren't

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Grey87 said:
    All those survivor nerfs and killer buffs will be almost useless agains the good old 4 man swf group and then what, you'll increase the generator repair time x2 to fix the "gen rush"?
    Jesus christ...

I don´t see the issue as solo survivor. Never had a problem playing solo on high ranks. Even the nerfs won´t affect me, since i don´t use any of the nerfed perks. Survivors got so used to their crutches, that they can´t imagine playing without them.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tsulan said:

@Grey87 said:
    Jesus christ...

I don´t see the issue as solo survivor. Never had a problem playing solo on high ranks. Even the nerfs won´t affect me, since i don´t use any of the nerfed perks. Survivors got so used to their crutches, that they can´t imagine playing without them.

Same for me. I always play solo survivor and i didn't get to rank 1 by using any of the OP perks. My build was bond, windows of oppurtinity, iron will and borrowed time. Was sprint burst nerfed too much that you can't use it anymore? guess what wake up is in the same condition and most killer perks. Just like you don't use them, don't use Sprint burst if it is too much for you. The devs finally started to see the unbalance in the game and they are going to the right direction.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Grey87 said:
    Jesus christ...

Nerfing solo survivors ?
    In case you didn't notice, they're actually changing the game to close the gap between Solo and SWF by mostly boosting the solo survivor's intel. Just read the patchnotes.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Grey87 said:

Jesus christ...

I’d like to see SWF made an extreme game play.
    No perks, no offerings, no items unles found, reduced repair speeds or more gens to be completed. I’d probably play SWF then
  • Tsulan
    Delfador said:

@Tsulan said: l

@Grey87 said:
    Jesus christ...

Same for me. I always play solo survivor and i didn't get to rank 1 by using any of the OP perks. My build was bond, windows of oppurtinity, iron will and borrowed time. Was sprint burst nerfed too much that you can't use it anymore? guess what wake up is in the same condition and most killer perks. Just like you don't use them, don't use Sprint burst if it is too much for you. The devs finally started to see the unbalance in the game and they are going to the right direction.

I use Empathy, WGLF, BT and We'll make it.
    Works like a charm.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@RemoveSWF said:
    Do both.

Seriously give up your crusade. If they eliminate swf it will cut a huge chunk out of the player base. You will then complain that you have 10-15 minute wait times for lobbies.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ Member Posts: 66

@fcc2014 said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    Do both.

Seriously give up your crusade. If they eliminate swf it will cut a huge chunk out of the player base. You will then complain that you have 10-15 minute wait times for lobbies.

I almost always have 10-15 minute lobbies times as the killer so its ok for meh and funk the groups its op

• Der_Schatten
    Der_Schatten Member Posts: 82

you wait 10-15min.? Maybe dont skip every SWF Group...

And if you now wait 10-15min. , if SWF will be removed you wait for an Hour. DBD will be sooo Dead if SWF is out.

NOTE: If they Remove SWF, Friends will Nevertheless try to play together... they will try to find each other in Lobbys... so MUCH more skipping lobbys by Surv. MUCH more Waiting for a full lobby.

1. i dont think they should do anything to SWF

2. For the P*ssy Killers out there, maybe give some Bonus Bloodpoints... Like this ( Group of 2-1-1= 15% Extra BP on Total) (Group 2-2=20% Extra BP on Total) (Goup 3-1=25% Extra BP on Total) (Group of 4 SWF= 30% on All Bloodpoints earned at the Round... )

For me as a Rank1 Killer (Wraith) i would love to see a SWF Full Team... !

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@RemoveSWF said:
    remove SWF.

This game would experience a major playerbase drop if SWF was ever removed.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@RemoveSWF said:
    Do both.

I don't think SWF is going anywhere, man. If they got rid of it, it could very well kill the game.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@RemoveSWF said:

@Someissues said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    Do both.

SWF is the issue, Solo players aren't

If one person can loop for five generators, they don't need a team.

They do. Who would do the gens?

• fcc2014

And if you now wait 10-15min. , if SWF will be removed you wait for an Hour. DBD will be sooo Dead if SWF is out.

NOTE: If they Remove SWF, Friends will Nevertheless try to play together... they will try to find each other in Lobbys... so MUCH more skipping lobbys by Surv. MUCH more Waiting for a full lobby.

1. i dont think they should do anything to SWF

2. For the P*ssy Killers out there, maybe give some Bonus Bloodpoints... Like this ( Group of 2-1-1= 15% Extra BP on Total) (Group 2-2=20% Extra BP on Total) (Goup 3-1=25% Extra BP on Total) (Group of 4 SWF= 30% on All Bloodpoints earned at the Round... )

You became a rank 1 killer with the wraith? +1 to you sir.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@fcc2014 said:
    Der_Schatten said:

* i dont think they should do anything to SWF

• For the P*ssy Killers out there, maybe give some Bonus Bloodpoints... Like this ( Group of 2-1-1= 15% Extra BP on Total) (Group 2-2=20% Extra BP on Total) (Goup 3-1=25% Extra BP on Total) (Group of 4 SWF= 30% on All Bloodpoints earned at the Round... )

You became a rank 1 killer with the wraith? +1 to you sir.

I am not saying he is bad but right now, it is difficult to not reach rank 1. You can do it by using any killer. Rank system is kinda broken right now.

• fcc2014
    I agree both sides are easy to rank up but i was more with covering ground with him. Some of the maps can be hell to cover with certain killers.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    RemoveSWF said:

Do both.

Yeah and nerf killers while your at it they are to OP........... 
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Just make this change
    2-man SWF - x2 perks disabled (randomly)

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Just make this change
    2-man SWF - x2 perks disabled (randomly)
    3-man SWF - x3 perks disabled (randomly)
    4-man SWF - x4 perks disabled
    Just a little fix maybe wont fix the whole issue but will help a good part

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Milo said:

Do you have an idea how to change it then? Go on im listening

Add ingame voice commands and balance the game around that

Thel lazy approach would be to dis able perks for SWF mates depending on swf size
  • MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    RemoveSWF said:

Do both.

Sounds like survivors aren’t the issue, you are. SWF is annoying, let’s balance around that, and not solo where there is no communication. If you allow someone to pallet loop you for 5 gens, you’re allowing it. I play the Pig, and have made it to purple ranks, I use mind games and majority of the time I get them. If someone is just that good with looping, move on. 
  • Tsulan

Devs want to bring solo survivors on the same information lvl as SWF. I think that´s the wrong direction. I started playing, when people had to actually watch out and use their brain.
    There were no warning signs, which told me that ruin, or NOED or UP are active.

Was that survivor injured before he got downed or is there a 1 hit perk/add-on/killer active?

But now, it´s so brain dead easy, you even get informed about perks that are not even active like huntress lullaby.

Yes, they need to balance around SWF. Keeping voice chat in mind. But don´t dumb down the game for everyone. Maybe have those warning signs only for the noob ranks, with a message that those training wheels are being removed on higher ranks.