Time to nerf Freddy

Options

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

I personally think he is stronger than Huntress at this point. But only because Huntress gets cocked by map design (Lerry's for example). He isn't map depended, his snairs and fake pallets always work and pop goes the weasel is working on him the best.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Why don't we nerf m1 as well

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

When you stuck at rank 20

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

I will add that BT should be able to be used against him

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Dude, I already said I consider him better than Huntress.

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115
    Options

Yeah, I also think he should be returned to the way he was, and maybe given a nerf, as he was too good in that state as well! I do not think he should be allowed to hook survivors, as Freddy in the movies is not able to do that either!

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    edited September 2019
    Options

Friedrich Nietzsche would agree that only idiotic pithy that of the lack of mental discerning of said issue would acquire the most attention given the population has little effort to think and have an opinion.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I don't agree with the nerfs suggested, but anyone saying Freddy is average is seriously lacking perspective. I have run easily 50 matches with him and can count on one hand how many times I failed to at least 3k. Until I get to upper purple, lower red, there really is not much of a challenge with him. He is not Nurse or Spirit, but much better than average.

Still not sold on Oblivious being a needed effect on him though.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,352
    Options

I'm almost sure this is a joke. But if not, why the hell does there need to be a drawback to a killers power? I don't get that at all. Freddy's power is perfectly fine and balanced right now, not too strong but strong enough to actually help in chases.

• ad19970
    edited September 2019
    Options

That proves absolutely nothing. But I guess you are entitled to believe whatever you want. I do get the feeling that you'll end up very disappointed once you find out that Freddy will not be nerfed after Nurse and Spirit.

Freddies snares are fine, a power that helps cutting loops short isn't op, why should all killers be easily loopable? Killers can't waste a lot of time chasing one survivor since gens can go very fast if they do, so having an ability that helps him with catching survivors isn't op since it doesn't ignore survivors defenses and doesn't make them useless.

His teleport has a cooldown and is a great way to allow him to apply enough map pressure to be able to have a chance to defend generators enough. His chase potential and Map pressure is the right amount for him to stand a chance even against really good teams without being op, like Nurse.

The one change I would want to see is that Borrowed time can be used against him again.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited September 2019
    Options

Even further disappointment is Spirit isn't going to be and Nurse is going to be reworked, not nerfed. They may limit the number of blinks she can have maximum but there are only so many ways to alter that power and they have to have addons for her. If they limit range and number the only thing they can boost is ease of use. This lot always tries to speak on the forums like their laments are prophecies, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Objective reality, they intend on hiding SWF from killers with dedicated servers and the only way they are going to have a killer population to endure that and a functioning rank system is to have the killers strong enough to deal with it. Ergo, this notion of killers being made garbage to account for the most inept of the population is pure delusion.

• ad19970
    Options

I personally wouldn't mind a small nerf to Spirit as well, but yeah, I agree. Though to be fair they can't quite balance all killers around well organized swf teams. Not as long as they haven't buffed solo survivor yet. They need to be considered as well.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,105
    Options

If someone is trying to unhook right infront of the killer, many times they force a hit so they dont get grabbed by "faking" an unhook before actually doing it. I hit the guy BEFORE he unhooks though, and he falls asleep. Due to STBFL, I can typically down both people right away depending on how many stacks I have at the time, including the guy who WOULDVE had BT.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options
  • Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

AH AH AH what a story mark

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

After nurse and spirit are adjusted to proper power levels and the game is starting to get to a healthy place then freddy have to be next as he is yet another "no drawback" killer with unfun gameplay mechanics that cant even be called mind-games.

Then the game will be in a better state for everyone

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

LOL what? Are you serious?

First: I haven't read through the rest of the thread, but I assume I am repeating the obvious point that others have made, which is that the drawback is, his traps only work on survivors who are asleep.

Second: His snares take a bit of time to arm, and he can never put them directly in your path during a chase.

Third: Killers who have severe wind-up time (Trapper, Shape, Ghostface, etc.) are at a disadvantage because they have to spend time getting their power ready. The clock is always against the killer, and that is time they don't have. Nightmare is way closer to how a killer SHOULD be balanced than any of those examples.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2019
    Options

"Claudette says I tunneled her."

"Well, did you?"

"No, it's not true, don't even ask. So, how is your hex life?"

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited October 2019
    Options

He drops Traps.

OR

He drops Pallets. Extremely rarely.

He has a limited number of them, and going over that number pulls them away from other places he's placed them already which is a detriment to his overall strategy. Yup, no drawback there.

Survivors have to be in the dream state to even be affected by them. So clearly no drawback there.

For pallets, you can't place them except in certain locations. So that's OBVIOUSLY not a drawback.

No cooldown other than that 45 second cooldown to his teleport (which he has to work to keep lower by constantly going after survivors to keep them in the dream state). Hooking a survivor breaks them from the dream state which extends his cooldown (which does exist). So no downside there.

Oh, and he loses his teleport once the last generator is done. This is clearly not a drawback to his endgame ability.

Yeah. Adjust this guy with his no drawbacks and no cooldown! Only killer in the entire game with all positives and no drawbacks at all!

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019
    Options

Yeah, I know. But the power is a blink, or teleport. There is only so many ways that can be modified in its current state and if they limit the range addons and then limit the number of blinks what left will they have to give as addons? It would have to be ease of use and you already have plaid flannel.

The point being I think a lot of people who despise Nurse are setting themselves up for disappointment in to how much is going to change about her.

They aren't going to fundamentally change the Nurse's blink power into something completely new. Not going to happen.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Might as well throw another piggy nerf in there whilst you're at it I don't think she's quite dead enough.

Yes I technically know they were bug fixes not exactly nerfs but it's still reduced her synergy

• ad19970
    Options

I honestly doubt it. I can see Spirit being tweaked in the future, but Freddy is in a fair spot with both fair chase potential and map pressure.

Killers don't need drawbacks as long as their power isn't op, and I feel like the vast majority agrees that he is in no way op. I also don't quite get what's so unfun about him. The fact you can't loop him? And on most maps most loops can't be called mindgames anyways since many pallet loops are just too safe.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    Options

Freddy is Fine I just don’t like his teleportation ability. I hate how he can be in a chase or hook someone far away across the map and get come to the generator in a matter of seconds. Especially with Ruin, Pop, and BBQ Activated. It like hell, but once Ruin is gone it’s just up to the survivors be able to run him and hopefully do the generator a fast as possible.

• michaelkhj
    michaelkhj Member Posts: 77
    Options

just.. if you think the killer is OP just play him, make sure the game not be fun for the other survivors that are against you and well.. then they will complain for you and you do not have to take those comments that you do not like hehe

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

He can still spam them while walking even without getting a little speed debuff.

Survivors are automatically placed in dream state.

It's not a drawback to be unable to place pallets in spots everyone know they can't be. Even if that was possible nobody would do it as few people would be tricked by it.

A teleport that goes to any unfinished gen that doesn't even need addons to make it unlimited range. Broken.

Yea he needs to be tuned down and have some sort of drawback to his utility.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

I’m confused...

What’s the point of the pallet addon if it only gives you a similar effect as enduring and only on the pallets you created? Like as killer you want these pallets gone, you don’t want to create more pallets even if you have enduring.

Give it the same effect as doctor abd then what’s the point of playing pallet Freddy? I prefer hanging out the killer that can shock survivors and block them from vaulting or throwing pallets. Looking at how most people view the Doctor being weak, this ability would be extremely underwelming.

Freddy is perfectly fine the way he is.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

that complain should remind us what happen to old freddy when he got nerf to the ground, or even the legion/clown case

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310
    Options

And then you go to another part of the map, someone uses the available pallet, you go back and its fake...

• xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    edited October 2019
    Options

Apparently Freddy's pallet power isn't even an add-on. It's base kit functionality.

There's very little to no counter to Freddy's pallets in its current state. Not even Dead Hard can save you once you've started the drop animation. The point of the "fake" pallets is to trick survivors into feeling safe when they're actually not.

The suggestion I gave are just that: suggestions. Not set in stone changes that need to or even will happen.

With Doctor's fake pallets, a survivor can at least attempt to juke or DH or something in an attempt to survive. With Freddy, this is impossible because the animation keeps you locked in place.

This would be totally fine if there was some way to tell a fake from a real pallet, but as far as I'm aware not even WoO provides that functionality, and that's an entire perk.

Is it OP? No. But I'd personally rate it on the spectrum as "too useful" or "too detrimental to a survivor".

Add to this that he has quite a few other tools in his kit, being his snares and his "mobility" through gen teleports, it can be extremely frustrating to verse a Freddy as a non-SWF who hasn't got full coverage / intel over the map and each individual pallet and their state (used / not used).

• Nameless
    Options

Unless they changed something drastically the last time I played, it’s an addon. The counter is to stay awake. A rainbow map shows pallets and small game I believe gives them away as well. Hags traps have less counterplay than the pallets if you ask me and everyone seems to be cool with her

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited October 2019
    Options

New Fred's kill numbers are through the roof and I am sure the Devs will notice. His slowdown builds are just obnoxious, and although I admit it is fun playing as him, he is a bit too damn strong now.

• xZeroStrike
    Options

Staying awake is a counter but a niche one. The only time you use a pallet is in a chase where you'll most likely be asleep or will soon be.

I thought it was an add-on too but I versed a Freddy yesterday with 2 brown add-ons so I thought "pallets is a brown add-on? That's stupid" but then I checked and it was written in his power description.

Not sure about Rainbow maps and small game. Rainbow maps can be good, small game will still be niche and a detriment to run in almost every game, unless you're not familiar with totem spawn locations.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

No.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,105
    Options

Pallets are from addons, snares are the base power that gets replaced by pallets if one of the pallet addons are used. The brown pallet addon gives just pallets, while yellow and green versions also give you some aura reading on survivors who throw down pallets.

• ad19970
    Options

That teleport has a long cooldown. How is that so strong? Billy can chainsaw to any gen within seconds. Sure, objects that ar in the way will slow him down but instead his ability has no cooldown at all.

And Snares slowing you down doesn't make you defensless as survivor. Sometimes you'll simply have to throw down pallets earlier, but then you force him to break the pallet. He can't place his snares in front of you while you are running away, so you need to try and just stay moving and not loop one loop for too long. That will probably get easier once maps are reworked to have more pallets again.

There's definitely still mindgame potential against Freddy, it's just that he is actually dangerous if he finds you. Killers need to have a chance to down survivors fast enough to keep up with the gen speed. Which is why Freddy is actually viable at any rank.

• ad19970
    Options

What exactly do you find to strong on him? His powers, or just his slowdown potential with his addons plus Thana and Dying Light?

I do agree that it can be too much if you stack all of that, especially if you add Ruin as well. There should be a cap to how much you can slow down action speed of survivors when stacking addons and perks. 25 or 30 % would be fitting.

• xZeroStrike
    edited October 2019
    Options

The brown add-ons didn't read anything about pallets, but the Freddy's base power did. I'll have to read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be an add-on but this encounter confused the heck out of me, hah. I'll look it up.

Edit: You are correct in that it's supposed to be an add-on. Not sure why it was listed as base power in the game (PS4). But yes, it's an add-on, ignore the part where I said otherwise!

• ad19970
    Options

But you can try and memorize which pallets are fake and which aren't. Of course you won't be able to always know which ones are real and which ones aren't, but you also shouldn't be able to totally counter a killers power.

• Nameless
    Options

There’s a brown addon for it. Staying awake really isn’t a niche, just look around a generator for real pallets when you’re awake and you should be good to keep him busy for a while.

• xZeroStrike
    Options

That's a fair argument. While I agree with the both of you, I do personally still feel it's a tad bit too overwhelming for solo players. (Just the pallets, everything else is fine and can be outplayed in ways other than "remember the entire map and pallet setup out of your head" or "don't get hit".) Freddy's pallets eventually turn into a guessing game with a 50/50 chance of succeeding it which, in my opinion, isn't very fun gameplay-wise.

(Personal opinion, of course!)

• ColonGlock
    Options

@ad19970 I have faced many Freds stacking up his strongest add ons with gen regression or healing slowdown. TBF even his greens are strong now.

I played as him and was wrecking people not even really trying too hard with brown add ons and no gen or healing slow down perks. I can only imagine if I was using red or green and pop ruin ect.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

DON’T TOUCH MY CHILLLLDDDD!!!!!!

• ad19970
    Options

I mean the addons don't have that high values, but I can see it getting a bit too good when stacking with Dying Light and Thana. Which is why a cap would be nice. Everything else with Freddy is fine though, in my opinion. His teleport allows for nice map pressure, but it has a cooldown so it's not ridiculoulsy strong. And his snares are good for chases but definitely not overpowered, survivors still have counterplay and can extend chases long enough.

A good team still has a good chance to win against Freddy if they are good enough on gens and in chases. Even when Freddy uses perks or addons to slow down the game because gens don't take long to repair. I do agree that a Freddy with Ruin, Thana, Dying Light, and his purple and green addons that slow down action speed is a bit much though, that's for sure. A cap to action speed debuff is needed. 25 or 30% feels right in my opinion.

• ad19970
    Options

Understandable. It definitely is a power that is better against solo survivors than swf survivors. Personally, I got to say I actually enjoy matches against pallet Freddies, trying to memorize where real pallets are and where fake ones is a unique and fun challenge to me personally. I just don't seeing them getting nerfed because I feel like as Freddy you don't get that much values out of them. It can feel overwhelming as survivor when you use one of the dream pallets, but I've had games as pallet Freddy where survivor didn't once drop a dream pallet, making that power of Freddy for me totally useless. I feel like Snares are the stronger option actually.

• ColonGlock
    Options

@ad19970 I ask as you seem to be talking from a killer perspective on it.

As I said before his new kill percentages hopefully will get the devs to take notice.

I am a killer main myself and even I can see that they made Fred a bit too strong. I played a lot of survivor this season to get fast games and it has made me empathetic.

I agree with your cap on action speed regression idea but I am not sure that is enough.

• ad19970
    Options

I'm trying to see this from both perspectives. As I said, a good survivor team should still have a very fair chance of being able to repair gens fast enough and extend chases long enough against Freddy to win. It is still a 4v1, and if Freddy is chasing one survivor, the others can repair gens. If Freddy teleports to a gen, which no doubt is a strong ability, the survivor who was being chased and survivor not on that gen can still make progress, at least after they have healed. I just don't personally see how Freddies powers are too strong for survivors to deal with.

In fact, the majority of matches I've played as survivor against Freddy, most survivors escaped. Of course that's just my experience. But just looking at his power and the possibilities that come from his power and survivors possibilities, I don't think Freddy is in any way op. Of course this is just my opinion.

Who knows what the devs will do, but it does seem like the big majority agrees that Freddy is fine.