Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would it be OK for killer to choose the map?

My point is that some maps are not designed for certain killers (Michael....the Farm , hillbilly and leather face ... kindergarten and hospital, nurse and trapper...the SAW complex, huntress...clown map, etc ,etc ,etc) and also some perks are not great at certain maps , so why don^t let the HOST(killer) choose the map gud for his killer and not suffer from the randomness?
PS. I main billy and huntress and i can state that playing as billy in hospital is torture and there are some maps where I can strait see every gen that leads to ez huntress wins.

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

until they balance the game, i think this is a GREAT idea. but i made a similar thread and was met with harsh response.... so.... uh.... good luck....

• Spaaaaaace_steam_
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ Member Posts: 66

@Bhazgrim said:
    I feel like most killers would choose The Game (The Pig map) because it's the easiest to find survivors on, and it is amazing for most killers, especially the Nurse and the Doctor because of the two story layout. It would be too biased, and you would probably never see half the maps made for the game if that was the case. DBD just needs more unbiased maps for both sides (if that's even possible).

I get that map really rare so i didn^t know about that issue, tho i don^t think its a good map for trapper.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Bhazgrim said:
    I feel like most killers would choose The Game (The Pig map) because it's the easiest to find survivors on, and it is amazing for most killers, especially the Nurse and the Doctor because of the two story layout. It would be too biased, and you would probably never see half the maps made for the game if that was the case. DBD just needs more unbiased maps for both sides (if that's even possible).

Also some survivors let you find them deliberately and pallet loop you to the eternity if you are not the nurse

• Bhazgrim
    Bhazgrim Member Posts: 40

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Also some survivors let you find them deliberately and pallet loop you to the eternity if you are not the nurse

The looping part is true, but normally from what I've seen on both sides as killer and survivor, it tips towards the killers favor, and the result always comes down to maybe 1 or 2 gens left, then everyone gets killed or last survivor escapes through the hatch. It may not be a fun game for the killer because of the atrocious looping, but in the end the survivors end up paying the death toll lol.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Bhazgrim said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

The looping part is true, but normally from what I've seen on both sides as killer and survivor, it tips towards the killers favor, and the result always comes down to maybe 1 or 2 gens left, then everyone gets killed or last survivor escapes through the hatch. It may not be a fun game for the killer because of the atrocious looping, but in the end the survivors end up paying the death toll lol.

endgame depends on the location of unfixed gens , of course , if 3 gens are REALLY close(which could be on almost all maps ) you (as the killer) can crutch because you just don^t let em repair also MANY survivors get greedy at saving the hoocked person while no gens and all doors unlocked , i"ve had many games when 1 guy is on the hook and you can only camp him because you got nothing else to do then someone else gets caught and another one and in the end you kill everyone or 3

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

No thanks. Would forever be on the Game if they could.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    We are good. We already have the offerings for that. 
  • Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Whats wrong with that map i don't get it?

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Khalednazari said:
    We are good. We already have the offerings for that. 

Yeah 1 killer offering vs 4 surviours

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893
    edited July 2018

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Its a horrible map for several reasons. Gens are often hard to find. The killers heartbeat sounds like its right beside you nearly all the time whether they are upstairs or downstairs. If you're facing killers like the Doctor or a competent Nurse on that map you might as well just throw yourself on the hook.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Its a horrible map for several reasons. Gens are often hard to find. The killers heartbeat sounds like its right beside you nearly all the time whether they are upstairs or downstairs. If you're facing killers like the Doctor or a competent Nurse on that as you might as well just throw yourself on the hook.

If its a bad map why not rework it or remove completely , i mean its easier to fix 1 map thing then all of em

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Nah i dont think the killer should be able to choose the map everytime. the regulation of map choice being tied to rare offerings is good. If killers could choose the map it would be the same maps over and over again. Instead i would rather the devs balance all of the maps so that all of them are fair and enjoyable. That means balancing pallets and killing the horrific old infinites aka really long loops now. Fractured cowshed, groaning store house, coal tower, cow tree, etc. All the maps need to be made enjoyable to play.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@SadonicShadow said:
    Nah i dont think the killer should be able to choose the map everytime. the regulation of map choice being tied to rare offerings is good. If killers could choose the map it would be the same maps over and over again. Instead i would rather the devs balance all of the maps so that all of them are fair and enjoyable. That means balancing pallets and killing the horrific old infinites aka really long loops now. Fractured cowshed, groaning store house, coal tower, cow tree, etc. All the maps need to be made enjoyable to play.

Killer has 1 offering tho survivors have 4 and i really don't like this randomness and torture for some killers

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:
    If its a bad map why not rework it or remove completely , i mean its easier to fix 1 map thing then all of em

Well the Swamp is still here after all this time so....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

No this sounds ridiculous on so many levels, offering for killers just needs to get buff by x2 that's all, since survivors can burns 4 times while killer only once

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

So one guy doesn’t like stealth so no one gets it? What kinda ass backwards logic is that?

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Killer has 1 offering tho survivors have 4 and i really don't like this randomness and torture for some killers

Did you ever, in the slightest way, think survivors aren’t a hive mind who just share ideals and opinions. All the survivors could want DIFFERENT maps, and any SWF crap is just... well it’s a problem with SWF

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Did you ever, in the slightest way, think survivors aren’t a hive mind who just share ideals and opinions. All the survivors could want DIFFERENT maps, and any SWF crap is just... well it’s a problem with SWF

maybe they are not a hive mind but they have a chat...

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

O RLY!? Guess you forgot PS4 and Xbox exist then

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

So one guy doesn’t like stealth so no one gets it? What kinda ass backwards logic is that?

if somebody doesn't like stealth what is he doing in a stealth based game eh?

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Yet you completely side step what you said... which was basically screw stealth cuz a few people run at the killer..... yeah ok

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

This game is not stealth based game dude. It never was and devs don't want it to be either.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

wait , so you tell me that i can get in que with ps4 or xbox player?

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Delfador said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

This game is not stealth based game dude. It never was and devs don't want it to be either.

Then what is it based on?

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

No, simple context would tell you that was a retort. Seeing how you mentioned lobby chat, and it’s a retort to that, it’d mean those 2 systems DO NOT HAVE CHAT. Simple argumentative skills dude

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Delfador said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Chase, at least according to the Devs.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Yet you completely side step what you said... which was basically screw stealth cuz a few people run at the killer..... yeah ok

if the map is too bad then why don't remove it ? And devs kinda screwed stealth with some addons and perks

• Jack11803

@Delfador said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Delfador said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Chase, at least according to the Devs.

It’s not “chase” it’s survival horror. It’s both. Devs just said they want the current focus to be on chase due to the meta. Basically 30-40% stealth, 60-70% chase

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

if the map is too bad then why don't remove it ? And devs kinda screwed stealth with some addons and perks

Bevause removing something would mean the devs would “throw away their precious time and effort”. AND they use spaghetti code, so any change to the game can create a bug

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Bhazgrim said:

Bevause removing something would mean the devs would “throw away their precious time and effort”. AND they use spaghetti code, so any change to the game can create a bug

i didn't know about the code, but aren't we gathered here to give ideas to the devs, its devs work to implement them , and if its not possible then its fine

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

No, simple context would tell you that was a retort. Seeing how you mentioned lobby chat, and it’s a retort to that, it’d mean those 2 systems DO NOT HAVE CHAT. Simple argumentative skills dude

but then don't implement these changes there , many games have completely different versions on pc and consoles

• Jack11803

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@SadonicShadow said:

but then don't implement these changes there , many games have completely different versions on pc and consoles

Absolutly horrible idea

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited July 2018

Every Doctor and Nurse would choose the Game, every Trapper would choose Haddonfield, every Hillbilly would choose Coldwind or the Asylum. You would most likely just end up seeing the same killers on the same maps over and over. You would probably be able to tell who the killer was, just by the map they chose.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018

My point is that some maps are not designed for certain killers (Michael....the Farm , hillbilly and leather face ... kindergarten and hospital, nurse and trapper...the SAW complex, huntress...clown map, etc ,etc ,etc) and also some perks are not great at certain maps , so why don^t let the HOST(killer) choose the map gud for his killer and not suffer from the randomness?
    PS. I main billy and huntress and i can state that playing as billy in hospital is torture and there are some maps where I can strait see every gen that leads to ez huntress wins.

Nope 
    And the nurse on the game map is not a struggle at all.
    Plus all your games would be the same, you’d always pick the maps for your main, we’d never see half the content, I would say there isn’t a killer out there that would pick the swamp.

The stealth argument is flawed as there isn’t really a way to stay truly hidden, the killer sees your objectives, the maps aren’t designed for stealth get aways from all killer perks, good luck stealthing away from a Myers haha
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2018

Would choose any of the OG maps including Crotus Prenn (But no CowShed or Groaning Storehouse)

Would never choose Swamp, Memorial, BadHam, or The Game.

HaddonField is a maybe...

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

You wanna play Doc/Nurse in The Game all day ? Because that's what's gonna happen lol.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

Would choose any of the OG maps including Crotus Prenn (But no CowShed or Groaning Storehouse)

Would never choose Swamp, Memorial, BadHam, or The Game.

HaddonField is a maybe...

If you had DR full terror raids perks and addons, they may as well have a single room with everyone in it. Never get less than a 4K with DR on that map
  • Jack11803

@Amanda55 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

You realize that the doctor and nurse absolutely slay on that map right??? It's absolute cancer to play on as a survivor against those two.

Do they slay as much as women in family court?

• Jack11803

@Amanda55 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

You realize that the doctor and nurse absolutely slay on that map right??? It's absolute cancer to play on as a survivor against those two.

Do they slay as much as women in family court?

Yep

Dayum.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2018
    No, because I’ll just choose The Game every time I play as Doctor. 
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

I'd definitely like to block out the laggiest maps though, like Cowshed, Shelter Woods for sure, Wretched Shop, cause my framerate on those maps is about as good as a slideshow.

• Dragon_of_Fantasy
    Dragon_of_Fantasy Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2018

I don't think the devs. would only allow the killer to change the map for solo/SWF. In Kill Your Friends, the host can choose the map. Even if the devs. did make this change, they would have to delete all of the map offerings that people had spent with bloodpoints.

As to your comment on DbD being a stealth game, it's more of a strategy. The devs. never said that survivors had to play stealthy to win.

The reason why most survivors don't like The Game is due to:
    1. Generators are hard to find. Sometimes the sound of a generator doesn't help in finding it because the gen could be on the next floor or it's on the other side of a wall.
    2. Most generators tend to be very close to each other quite often (usually around the stairs), therefore the killer doesn't have to run too much to get to the next generator.
    3. The Doctor's cancer build consisting of unnerving presence, ruin, distressing, and addons to increase madness by being in his terror radius. Because the map is small horizontally and longer vertically, survivors feel like the doctor's terror radius is covering 2/3 of the map. In the past, I think someone mentioned the terror radius is in a sphere-like shape, so survivors can hear the terror radius even if the killer is on the other floor.
    4. Compared to old maps, the totem spawn points are hidden better.
    5. Like Lery's, blood and scratch marks are easier to see on most parts of the map (exceptions the frozen and bloody room). This means it's more harder to lose a killer in a chase when there's no bushes, shadows, etc.
    6. For beginners, this map has dead ends.

I understand certain maps are tough on killers, but survivors have issues with them to. Overall, it's up to the player to take advantage with these issues, or come up with strategies to win that match.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

The original idea and design for this game was to have that random aspect. The very first video on their YouTube mentions this was how the base game was intended to be played

Skip to 2:35 to get the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9FMwsbsQek

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

Even if they don't implement this, they should add a "No Backwater Swamp" button.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

Short answer? No.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

No stealth; audio makes it easy to find where people are and defend generators, half of the pallets are completely unusable, no fog, blood trails are visible from a mile away, there's a hundred good totem spawn points...

About the only bad thing for killers is that the basement is always in the corner, but it's a death trap to survivors caught there once the pallets are burned.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Maybe make it where the killer can deny the Entity from picking a certain map? For example, if your playing Billy, you can make it where Lèrys won't be picked as a map. This can help out with getting better maps but not getting exactly what you want. Additionally map offerings won't be useless as well lol.
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    How about, if its SWF let the killer choose the map. But he has a choice of 3 maps given to them at random. 
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

What about instead of the killer picking what map they want to play on why not allow them to blacklist a map they don't want to play on?