We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

License or Original Chapters, what do you guys like more?

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited September 2019 in Polls

So after those big Pennywise discussions, I would like to know and see what the ppl think about those Chapters. I personally like all Originals Chapter, Survivors and killers are both really interesting made and well designed! I love the Killer design, lore and Ideas. Especially Spirit and Legion.

I mean License chapters are fine and stuff and will help the game to grow up, but I love to get completly suprised what the devs are gonna bring us when it comes to there own Ideas! Besides of some poor made balanced changes or decisions some Killers are really cool.

Thanks for reading and kind regards from BenZ0

License or Original Chapters, what do you guys like more? 125 votes

License chapters are better and cool, I love having more Killers or Survivors from movies or series!
16%
SupernautBrawlerIhatelifeEmotionalDaisyRedcumAshleyWBdoublev1986CandyFaceKagrenacNightmareRebornjackmadroxWalker_of_the_fog_96JasonsfarSinfulHarlotChaddad2169CarlosyluBlueFangIceCreamPrincessHellbentHellraisingPredator 21 votes
Original chapters are better, complete new Ideas and interesting characters!
56%
MandyWhite_OwlArk_the_BonsaiItzSoulzBlueberryWINTERSkatoptrisTherapySlothDaddyTrappersGirlJetTheWaffleCatMr_KMistikusGoodBoyKarubrokedownpalaceprygelknabeBravo0413SziosisJustJessMicheal_MyersMyNamePete 70 votes
I dont mind about either of them.
27%
NMCKEDwight_Fairfieldmistar_zPhantomMask20763CamoRangerwill_i_am_14_850h_DoctorMegMain98brockBBQnDemogorgonLCGasterGrandkuramaThGameIsHardButSoAmIFireHazardDingDongsBoosted_DwightJohnny_XManFishFry247Ershfluffymareep 34 votes

Comments

• BenZ0
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield

Sounds fair enough, I agree, Its really important that the Killers or Perks should be balanced or atleast nice!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Shows that the dev team is creative

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I only care about if they are fun.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

I like both equally. Licensed chapters are often fancier and have more hype behind them though.

• BenZ0
    Options

@AshleyWB

Agree, I personally love ghostface! Besides some weird hitboxes to reveal him, he feels very nice and smooth to play.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

Original. BHVR have done really good with designing their own characters.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

Both are good honestly. They are very creative with how they make their killers as well as how they design and put love into licensed killers and honestly i'm loving it no matter whether it's licensed or original content.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I like both to a point. The licensed killers they've put in so far have been fantastic, but imo, there's only so many they can choose from before it gets less interesting and unique. Surprised how well Demogorgon turned out & fit right in, sow we'll see!

On the other side, original Killers have been pretty stellar, Spirit, Legion, Plague and Clown I really enjoy (despite issues and shortcomings with some of em). Really depends where the BHVR teams heart is, so far I think they've been on,point with flavor & theme for Killers

• BenZ0
    Options

@Hag.is.Dtier

Besides of balances, every original characters is really nice and fits to the game well! I cant say honestly that any original character is bad made in any way.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

Clown

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
    Options

I like chapters that are done well.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

i prefer original stuff because I enjoy NEW stories, even if they're bad. its interesting to read nonetheless

• LoneBighorn
    LoneBighorn Member Posts: 17
    Options

I want one more licensed survivor so I can have an entire row of just licensed characters in the character select menu :P

After that original all the way.

• JustAFeeling
    JustAFeeling Member Posts: 324
    edited September 2019
    Options

I love Licensed character's from the franchise but i think the dev's do great killer's thier stories are very well tailored but I WANT MORE LICENSED CHARACTER'S

Post edited by JustAFeeling on
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

As long as a killer is fun to play I'll be happy with it

I do however get annoyed when too many licensed chapters come out in a row, it happened once already and we got the original only year because of it, and it's happening again

• JustAFeeling
    Options

No matter what polls you put up Pennywise is will still be on here

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Mechanics>Lore any day.

However I'm always intrigued when they show a new original character, when it's a license it just feels like I already know what I'm getting and it isn't nearly as cool.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,905
    Options

I don’t mind either as long as the killer is well designed. I love original content but licensed content can be just as great. Stranger Things is one of my favorite chapters.

• JustAFeeling
    edited September 2019
    Options

That's not true each Licensed character are unique and has there own set of mechanics

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

It's unique but it's not surprising (in terms of lore and asthetics).

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Don't get me wrong, a lot of Licensed Killers have awesome mechanics. Freddy is currently one of my favorite Killers and Demogorgon is super fun. But I like the idea of getting something truly new and unexpected.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    License chapters are better and cool, I love having more Killers or Survivors from movies or series!

The only real drawback of a licensed chapter is how much freedom the Devs are allowed to have if they need to tweak certain things.

I imagine progress on licensed content to be kinda stop start because oneside must wait for the go ahead that they can implement something which requires permission from the license holder or else any agreements may be breached.

Dealing with licenses in my eyes is an indication on how professional and successful Behaviour are working with other companies or individuals.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    Options

Original. I think behavour is very unique with their own killers. Just take a look at Huntress

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Both tbh

• JustAFeeling
    Options

Imagine being a Horror film fan and a gamer then they combine the two πŸŽ‡βœ¨πŸŽ†

• Happsta
    Happsta Member Posts: 79
    Options

I just want killers to be viable

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I'm not a Horror film fan.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

to be fair licensed is getting boring they need to spice it up

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198
    Options

The Devs can take more liberty with original chapters and their designs are only limited by their imagination. We can literally get anything from original chapters.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited September 2019
    Options

This question is kinda either one side or the other...

I picked both, since I like horror film Killers being added to DBD, but I also like what BHVR can create for an original chapter...

• JustAFeeling
    Options

Create a new pole this confusing

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

You can if you'd like, at the moment i'm busy doing other things...

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154
    Options

I just wished the older license characters got cosmetics.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
  • tinytoxin
    tinytoxin Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2019
    Options

I don’t mind in all honesty, I appreciate original character so because a lot of time and effort are put into them! However I do like seeing known and beloved killers. I would like to see more female killers though in the future.

• BenZ0
    Options

@tinytoxin

Yeah we all know why ;)