Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Kate's Denson New Voice Is Bad

BraveClem
BraveClem Member Posts: 333
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Why did the devs changed her whole voice??,there was some people complaining about her hook scream,but her voice and sounds were so much better and realistic than what we got now. it would be so much Nice if they bring the old voice back. it was a bad choice to change her whole Voice. (and sometimes she sounds like Nea) There's more important problems in this game,but no they change her whole voice and sounds because some people complain about a scream,they are hooking you,and you re going to scream in pain,not going to sing an opera. Tbh, The other Woman did a Better Work doing kate's voice than the actual. when the actual kate gets hit by the killer,it's like she doesn't make any exagerated sounds,like if the killer hitted her with a flower.
Since when? lower her scream (or change just her scream),is let's change her whole voice?

PTB Kate Voice (Pros): ºMore realistic sounds (Voice,breathing,injured,dying state,struggling) (when she gets hit by the killer) ºHer Voice had a better fit in her character,personality ETC. ºher hook scream was sometimes a little loud,but it was realistic,you are being hooked in a meat hook,what were you expecting?
Hope they make an option so we can choose what Voice we want to hear.

My Suggestion is: Give back her original voice,and replace the scream when she gets hooked with the new one.Finished

Post edited by BraveClem on

Comments

• BraveClem

Pls devs, think about it, Bring back her original Voice,it was so much better than the actual for many reasons

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@BraveClem said:
    Pls devs, think about it, Bring back her original Voice,it was so much better than the actual for many reasons

They couldn’t get in contact with the original actress, and she was in another job

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

the hook scream just needed the tone lowered and it would have been fine. now we get this one note boring bleah...

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2018
    I liked her original as well. It was real and raw, it didn’t sound all doctored up and dainty. 
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited July 2018

I prefer the new voice. She had some weird pee-wee herman thing going on in her old voice that just irritated me to no end.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018

To be honest, I hate every female Survivor in this game because they all sound like braindead apes.

Their sound effects and screams are just cancer to the ear.

Kate's both iterations are no exception.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Jesya said:

I prefer the new voice. She had some weird pee-wee herman thing going on in her old voice that just irritated me to no end.

Mecca Mecca hi Mecca hiney ho
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJteXLT5lx8&feature=youtu.be
    Yeah please, bring back the demonic screeching.

I kinda want to summon Satan by bringing 4 kates in a round.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Doom_Punk said:
    To be honest, I hate every female Survivor in this game because they all sound like braindead apes.

Disagree with that. Kate's were the only ones that actually managed to annoy me.

• ramzowily
    ramzowily Member Posts: 3

@Doom_Punk said:

Really, I find the men to be the annoying ones in this game. Their groans of pain while injured are just so annoying. The worst of all is Jake. He's the whiniest whiner that ever whined in whineytown. Whenever I play as him for a daily, I spend most of the time just going, "God, shut UP Jake!"

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59

I like more new her voice.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

@Runiver said:

>

PS - she has grey teeth. Ew.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018

@ramzowily said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Really, I find the men to be the annoying ones in this game. Their groans of pain while injured are just so annoying. The worst of all is Jake. He's the whiniest whiner that ever whined in whineytown. Whenever I play as him for a daily, I spend most of the time just going, "God, shut UP Jake!"

The male Survivors I can tolerate because their volume is fine and their noises aren't obnoxious. The females all sound like complete apes and give me a headache.

~ Jake main since the very beginning

@Chi When you play the game for 2200 hours and have to constantly hear female apes yelling extremely loud at you with the most ear-######### noises ever known to man, it tends to drive one insane.

I have yet to see BHVR release a female Survivor that isn't an extremely annoying monkey.

(edit - hope this didn't post twice, I posted something similar to this but then trying to edit it seemed to have deleted that post, so I typed it up again. Sorry if you see the same thing twice)

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Amanda55 said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@ramzowily said:

@Doom_Punk said:

The male Survivors I can tolerate because their volume is fine and their noises aren't obnoxious. The females all sound like complete apes and give me a headache.

@Chi When you play the game for 2200 hours and have to constantly hear female apes yelling extremely loud at you with the most ear-######### noises ever known to man, it tends to drive one insane.

I have yet to see BHVR release a female Survivor that isn't an extremely annoying monkey.

(edit - hope this didn't post twice, I posted something similar to this but then trying to edit it seemed to have deleted that post, so I typed it up again. Sorry if you see the same thing twice)

Laurie and feng's scream give me major headaches Irl

You should have been here at the release of DbD, when Claudette's scream could pierce through 1 meter thin concrete block and shatter it completely.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Amanda55 said:

@PureHostility said:

@Amanda55 said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@ramzowily said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Laurie and feng's scream give me major headaches Irl

You should have been here at the release of DbD, when Claudette's scream could pierce through 1 meter thin concrete block and shatter it completely.

Glad i Didn't have to endure that tbh lol

A lot of killers would hit Claudette ASAP after hooking her, to stop her from screaming, as it overrode the hooking scream with generic hit scream.

Good old times.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Chi said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Disagree with that. Kate's were the only ones that actually managed to annoy me.

How could you not be annoyed by Feng cleansing a totem 😣😖😡🤬
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Paddy4583 said:
    Chi said:

@Doom_Punk said:

How could you not be annoyed by Feng cleansing a totem 😣😖😡🤬
    Or Feng doing anything.
  • BraveClem

@SovererignKing said:
    I liked her original as well. It was real and raw, it didn’t sound all doctored up and dainty. 

it was better,more natural,better acting,the actual is bad,it doesn't fit her character.

• BraveClem

@Jack11803 said:

@BraveClem said:

They couldn’t get in contact with the original actress, and she was in another job

Source? the sound files are already in the game,they just have to add it to the character again

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@BraveClem said:

@Jack11803 said:

@BraveClem said:

Source? the sound files are already in the game,they just have to add it to the character again

They wanted the original actress to redo her voice lines to replace the original ones. Not that they can't reinstate the original voicelines.

A community manager commented that somewhere.

• BraveClem

@snozer said:
    the hook scream just needed the tone lowered and it would have been fine. now we get this one note boring bleah...

true,Voice and scream are two different things,they were supposed to:option 1 change ehr hook scream,option 2:make a new scream for her,not Change her whole voice(breathing,injured,dying state,sounds) people were complaining about her scream,"not her Complete voice."