Should the trapper be able to refill his traps from

Options
Sinister_Fury
Sinister_Fury Member Posts: 27
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Should the trapper be able to refill his traps from the locker. Since the Huntress can refill her axes from locker I know it possible. It would eliminate having to look for traps.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

An idea seemingly dismissed, especially since it would make sabotage even more useless.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Very interesting. Trapper is getting a big buff and that is one of the main weaknesses he has that I feel is balanced. If you want to set up you must gather traps. You already see them so it's not bad. The thing is that I don't see any point to this. Unless you used all the traps in the area it would take more time to get them from closets assuming that you only get one.
  • Sinister_Fury
    Sinister_Fury Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Nah I think he should be able to carry more than one trap maybe like 3
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

I honestly think the only buff he needs is just base carrying capacity increased by 1

(Not his starting trap in his hand at start nor in the map by 1)

This would make him viable at Tournament and without heavily relying on add-ons

Imagine him picking up traps one by one in tournament, its gg

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234
    Options

Itd be pretty cool if he could go to the basement to refill them... Like if they were hanging on the wall. Perks like saboteur and small game make his traps useless. If he were able to lay more down, survivors would be forced to either spend their time sabotaging the traps or do gens etc. But I can see where the killer could abuse the refill ability.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@Sinister_Fury said:
    Should the trapper be able to refill his traps from the locker. Since the Huntress can refill her axes from locker I know it possible. It would eliminate having to look for traps.

There's no point in this change. If you're saying this because you want to carry more traps, they're adding the Trapper Sack (brown), which is a common version of the Trapper Bag (yellow), and they're buffing the Trapper Bag and Stitched Bag (purple). So you have more traps on the map, you've got standard movement speed, what more do you need. Of course, if you're setting traps, then you need to go pick them up. If you could get them from lockers, then there would be no penalty of leaving to go get a trap after hooking a Survivor, because then they'd be on demand. Not to say Trapper doesn't need buffs, but we don't need anything that changes him that much. It'd be a useless change, because those Trappers who set traps on a loop during a chase, and then Survivors continue around that same loop and get trapped are the only Trappers who would benefit from this kind of change. It's not needed.

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234
    Options

@ShesArebel88 said:
    Itd be pretty cool if he could go to the basement to refill them... Like if they were hanging on the wall. Perks like saboteur and small game make his traps useless. If he were able to lay more down, survivors would be forced to either spend their time sabotaging the traps or do gens etc. But on the other hand I can see where the killer could abuse the refill ability as well.

Maybe putting a cap on the # of traps that can be placed on the map? Maybe a slight rework on the sabo perk? Idk but trapper daddy needs a buff that will make him better adjusted to the game as it it's now vs how it was.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited July 2018
    Options

We don't need another killer who frequently checks lockers - we already have 2 who have good reasons to check them frequently.

We don't need to make a mechanic that is borderline useless already even more useless.