We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Couple Lore Questions.

Options
TheMatthewLee
TheMatthewLee Member Posts: 25
  1. Do we know what happened to Benedict Baker?
  2. In Benedict Baker's journal, he mentions that he was able to talk to others in the entity's realm. I thought the survivors couldn't talk. If so, why don't the survivors talk?
  3. What happened to all the survivors in the entity's realm that we haven't seen, like Vigo, Alex, or Benedict? Did they become killers? If not, why haven't we seen them?
  4. In the Dead By Daylight manual, it mentions that kids sometimes go to the Macmillan estate to explore, but return home safely. How come Benedict Baker ended up in the Entity's Realm, but the kids that explore the Macmillan estate end up going home safely, and dont wake up in the entity's realm?
  5. Is it possible for the survivors to escape the entitys realm?
  6. Since Laurie, Bill, and a few other licensed survivors and killers are in DBD, does this mean that all the worlds/universes are connected or take place in the same universe, or does the Entity pluck survivors from different realms, worlds, and universes? Also, since Bill is in Dead By Daylight, is it canon that in the Left For Dead universe, he is in the entity's realm?

Comments

• JustZsolti
    JustZsolti Member Posts: 8
    Options

1: Not really, he stopped writing his yournal so he can focus on survival, I'm sure he is still alive.
    2: They can talk but they choose to remain silent, because the killers would find them much more quickly. (This is why they can scream, etc..)
    3: They are in other realms or places of the entity, and as the devs said maybe they'll meet sometime
    4: No idea
    5: I wanna know that too :D Well the only thing they said is Death is not an escape, but they also never said that noone can escape from that place, so I really hope there can be a happy end for the survivors =D
    6: Looks like yeah!

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1. No we do not.
    2. They likely choose not to talk or else they'll get caught. Pre-game lobby chat could be seen as the Survivors talking to each other.
    3. No clue, they are just random names to be given to beef up the lore but it just ends up making more questions.
    4. The Entity has to choose to take people into its realm. Children likely wouldn't put up much of a fight and wouldn't give it much sustenance, as kids are easily demotivated and they would essentially equal to a midnight snack most likely.
    5. Yes it is. They have mentioned on Stream before that there is a way out and they wish to add the "real" escape as some kind of secondary escape method in the future. In fact, they said one of the offerings hinted at the real way to escape. That offering would be the White Ward. Read the quote for it.
    6. They are canon to the DbD universe, but any crossover characters are NOT canon to their original universe. So no, Bill popping up in DbD is NOT canon to L4D in any way shape or form. They have also stated this. Not to mention this kind of thing would end up causing conflicts with the original source material.
  • LA1
    LA1 Member Posts: 8
    Options

@JustZsolti said
    2: They can talk but they choose to remain silent, because the killers would find them much more quickly. (This is why they can scream, etc..)

I thought they couldn't talk in a trial because the entity makes the rules so nobody is allowed to talk. But maybe at the campfire is where the survivors can speak.

• JustZsolti
    JustZsolti Member Posts: 8
    Options

I thought they couldn't talk in a trial because the entity makes the rules so nobody is allowed to talk. But maybe at the campfire is where the survivors can speak.

That's an interesting idea aswell! In Benedict's journal he said that he told his name to some survivors, but not clarified if the conversations happened inside/outside the trials :D