People who complain about spirit...

Options
2Β»

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Do you know whats also annoying? Survivors dodging lobbies until they get paired with their friends when swf wasn't a thing.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Do you know whats also annoying? Insta heals and keys

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

How about not do the obvious so you dont get smacked down immediately.... if you're in the open make it difficult for her to pin point you.... run in random directions, she may be able to hear you but theres a chance she comes out of phase in the opposite direction of you..... run through 1 loop straight to the next loop.....

Another tip is too stay healthy as long as possible if you dont have IW on... make spirit work for the first hit because after the first hit the job gets easier...

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

She can't get adjusted fast enough, a really toxic killer who only serves to make the game unhealthy.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Not related but I also dislike both in addition with moris :P

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

In pvp players take advantage of their opponents mistakes.... so yes survivors should have hope that a killer messes up.... same is said for wraith needing survivors to actually mess up at loop unless hes running windstorm addons...

• ajbustetter
    ajbustetter Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2019
    Options

I just copied and pasted my long comment i made on a similarish post with what i think about spirit. BunnytheHutt does have a good suggestion of QoL changes that would be more of a soft nerf. I dont think those would be too terrible IMO so up vote for that. and OP I agree lol

Personally Ive never had a problem playing against spirit and find that shes the most enjoyable for me to play against. I also used to main her before i found the joy know as Tier 3 Myers. I never play solo and always SWF. I'm the weakest looper and weakest in a chase of the group until we play spirit. I know not to loop. I run like a chicken with my head cut off yelling at my friends to get gens done faster and running a figure eight around some trees to hopefully get the two seconds i need to get to the nest pallet. I also know what shes probably gonna do and the timing for all of it. It makes me feel pretty good to dodge a strike from a spirit that bumped into me while phasing. I do mistime though. thats what health packs and team mates are for.

I don't run any of the mentioned counter perks. Hell I don't even run meta perks. I'm not even the best player and have bad eye sight. I still Personally I will say this again PERSONALLY don't see an issue with her. I will give you prayer beads even though I don't notice a difference when its used or not.

Maybe I haven't run into one of these unholy god like spirits that are running around destroying peoples souls. Maybe console players arent as good as pc. Ive played against terrible red ranked spirits and ones that I swear have GPS locating chips attached to me at brown ranks with the whole killer meta build. I guess it comes down to experience and how much you play against something. I personally get destroyed by leather face. mainly because i only played against him only 8 times. No one uses him on xbox for some reason sadly

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

If the killer or survivor doesn't make any mistake, you still should have a chance or its unbalanced imo.

• CantDrownIfASiren
    CantDrownIfASiren Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2019
    Options

I mained and p3'd Spirit. Even at red ranks she was clearly overpowered and that was without ruin and a lot of mercy slugging. Her mind games are far too spirit sided. They should have kept her directional phasing sound. Shes cheesey to play and anyone defending her is either bad with her or drowning in typical dbd bias. I'm pretty garbage at using the tiles as killer so it's clear phasing is a massive crutch design.

I love her design, she just needs some tweaking to balance her mind games bc the fact is most play her boosted and sweaty af and it's not a fun time. Without pop or ruin the survs at least have a chance to finish gens faster than I can down them. Her snowballing potential is also huge.

I got bored playing her it was so easy, although that new cosmetic might bring me back to her :p

Also I'd love to play spirit against some of these spirit mains who act like they arent totally boosted and have the gall to tell others to git gud lol.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428
    Options

how likely is it you get paired with friends when not swf? id agree tho swf's are annoying.

to Dontnerf. bbq chili and noed

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2019
    Options

Im not making a whole killer guide, but try to get some meta perks like ruin, bbq, etc. (this will help you), otherwise here are enough tutorials. If you dont play her and dont like my perk/react advice (which is kinda the best thing you can do), read other helpfull advices other players gave, maybe i missed something and here is enough information you need, the practical use lies in your hands.

Knowing the enemy is the key to understand how to turn the tablesπŸ˜‰

If you just want to escape against Spirit or killer in general you should get a swf, that will increase your chance of surviving.

Also you dont have to buy her, shes available with iridescent shards .

Just the one who cant play against her, understandable dont like her. There are many players that think shes completly fine, like me. Its kinda like all these nurse discussion, the community is divided. From my view this increased spirit hate has something to do with all the new players or some of these streamers opinions and their fanbase.

I hope you will find your way to understand and counter her πŸ™‚

(and if you have a problem with tunneling killers, use ds 😁πŸ”ͺ)

Have a nice day 😊

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428
    Options

as i have said on another post, there have been a lot of complaints about spirit long time before st. not fair to blame it all on them. if it was noob's they would surely know that they haven't been playing long enough and need to get better.

i have looked for other peoples advice too and not much help. i have beaten spirit before, but for me still wasn't fun. that is why i said i hate her. i also don't need to swf as i'm a good survivor.

anyway thank you for your advice!

have a good day too β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜›