Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Generators get done way to fast! (fairly long post)

Okuu46
Okuu46 Member Posts: 93
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I'm a killer main; always have been since i first started in the beginning of last year.
And just like every other killer main; i've had my good matches and i've had my bad matches, but my one and only complaint i have, is generators are getting done way to fast.

Here is an example of a match; start off
Find a survivor, go on chase, get looped, pallet slammed a few times, down the survivor, pick up the survivor, get him/her to a hook, hook the survivor, then, bam, 3 gens get popped at once in a matter of 2 and a half minutes, get confused for a moment of why or how there done, find my next survivor, go on same repeated chase, get him/her down, hook so called survivor, "find the exit gates" come up as the last 2 gens are finished, try focusing on finding my next victim, survivors open gates in little time, save their friend, try to chase them down, get pallet slammed, they get to the gate, teabag the crap out of me and run out; all while typing in the chat "TOOO EEZZZZ" and such

From this, Matches only last for probably about 6 to 7 mins in high ranks
And it dosen't matter if you bring in perks to fight it, most of the perks don't matter and are practically useless.
Example; Ruin dosent work most of the time because survivors just get rid of it 30 seconds when a match starts, bamboozle helps a little but only if you hook someone, overcharge is laughable, and huntress lullaby can be effective, but since survivors already know its there even before its active, it has the same fate as ruin.

I just think if the developers can somehow increase the time it takes to do gens, or increase some of the perks, then killer mains might have a chance against those "3 generator pops in less then 2 mins"

But knowing the devs, i know for fact they won't probably do it, and they'll just keep adding useless combat generator perks that won't do much?

So hell with it; you might as well just use the glitch where you down everyone with leatherface; so you don't have to worry about generators getting popped XD

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

If you increase generator time, you empathize camping too much, sadly.
    The way to do it correctly would be to force survivors to unlock a few gens on the map by doing certain actions, which would unlock gens and eventually juking spots, while making the "base" generators to be in a rather unsafe spots.

It would actually make camping killer not to be efficient still, since they cannot pressure the map properly, while making non-camping killer to be rewarded for not camping since they could prevent repairs consistently and force survivors to unlock juking spots/more gens/juking spots.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

@Runiver said:
    If you increase generator time, you empathize camping too much, sadly.
    The way to do it correctly would be to force survivors to unlock a few gens on the map by doing certain actions, which would unlock gens and eventually looping spots, while making the "base" generators to be in a rather unsafe spots.

It would actually make camping killer not to be efficient still, since they cannot pressure the map properly, while making non-camping killer to be rewarded for not camping since they could prevent repairs consistently and force survivors to unlock looping spots/more gens/looping spots.

ftfy

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Add another generator make it 6 instead of 5. Problem solved!!