The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Could this game get an offline single-player mode

I heard that the devs said it would be to hard to do one because of npc pathing or something but what if there was some form of story mode or challenges in a story mode they could do things they cant in the main game and pathing would be a bit easier and for the challenges it would be to kill a target in a certain way or at a certain time plus

Comments

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

I never understood the issue they've cited with the NPC AI. There have been plenty of games that require different pathing choices that still do bots. Like Left 4 Dead, Evolve, etc.

I personally would love an offline "practice" mode. The NPC wouldn't even have to be perfect, it would be more about learning the ropes of the game before going online. New killer comes out? Run a few practice rounds. New to the game? Practice offline so you don't piss off your teammates or get so stomped that you want to quit the game before you've really started.

And I know there's a tutorial mode, but it's pretty garbage, tbh. Plus it didn't exist when I started playing. I would have loved the extra practice.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

There's quite a rich and interesting lore to this game now.

I would like to see some of it explored in a single player experience but probably as some sort of spin off as opposed to a single player version of the current game.

Maybe something like a Game & Watch type thing where you have to milk a canker whilst avoiding the entities tentacles.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Story mode?

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Id at least like a practice mode to test things out or mess around at entirely my own pace. Esp for killers like Huntress and Nurse.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I'm fairly sure the vast majority of DBD's community would appreciate offline features allowing us to explore maps and test perks, items, practice killer powers etc. even if it was some very basic offline features. Too bad the devs are too busy releasing overpriced cosmestic (that I still end up buying haha).

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

A map exploration mode would be great

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Those are quite simpler to make.

L4d, stick close to human player, grabs pills and medkits that are around, pick tier 1 weapon when avaiable. Heal the human player at inapropriate times.

What would the parameters of a survivor AI even be?

Get to closest gen and fix.

killer found you, run to which direction? Away? Towards shack? Away from basement? Towards or away from other survivors? Towards jungle gym?

There's ruin, stop gen and cleanse? Cleanse after finishing gen?

Found dull totem, cleanse?

Hit all skillchecks as great?

Killer downed someone. Bodyblock? Run away?

Someone is hooked. Go for save now? Killer is close to hook, save anyway?

I could go on, and it's even worse on the killer side