Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should Third Seal stay as a hex perk?

Most of us here know what Third Seal does. Attacks will apply the blindness effect to the last 2/3/4 Survivors that you hit. Like the other hex perks, it is subject to crappy totem spawns which lead to it being destroyed within the first 30 seconds of a game. Considering Blindess isn't that effective due to SWF and Survivors not needing to see auras, which makes Third Seal not seem good at all, so why is it a hex perk? Hex perks are supposed to be high risk high reward, not high risk low reward. Third Seal should either become a non-hex perk or it should be buffed in a different way. Maybe it could apply a random status effect for a certain amount of seconds or minutes?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Even if it wasn't a uec perk, we would end with a slightly better knockout, you will see where the survivor is hooked anyway

Also there is this thing called SWF. ....
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Or maybe just straight up remove 1/2/3 survivors ability to read aura with no stipulations of needing to hit them.

Also @Master blindness removes the ability to see hook locations including the bubble. So you wouldn't be able to see downed people or hooked people while it was active.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Master said:
    Also there is this thing called SWF. ....
    I already mentioned that. Did you miss it by mistake?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Or maybe just straight up remove 1/2/3 survivors ability to read aura with no stipulations of needing to hit them.

Also @Master blindness removes the ability to see hook locations including the bubble. So you wouldn't be able to see downed people or hooked people while it was active.

it doesn't affect the moment you hook survivors where the big circle lights up giving away the position. Sure afterwards the aura is gone but I assume that survivorß are clever enough to memorize the location for a few seconds 
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    That's rather stupid. The whole point of "blindness" is to remove all that stuff. Could a sworn I never saw the circle while I was under the influence of it but I may have been remembering improperly.
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Not really, no. It's not strong enough to warrant being a Hex. Should be reworked.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2018

I think it would be better if it applied the Blindness effect for x time after a hit instead of tying it to a totem.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Blindness is kinda becoming more and more obsolete anyway, since they're trying to put solo players to the level of SWF players in term of vision.

Just forget about it and play like it doesn't exist tbh.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Runiver said:
    Blindness is kinda becoming more and more obsolete anyway, since they're trying to put solo players to the level of SWF players in term of vision.

Just forget about it and play like it doesn't exist tbh.

Its take god damn space up in my bloodweb now. Its like I've been cursed with a crap perk. What that you want ruin? screw you here have spies from the shadows or third seal!