Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Some speculations (maybe news?) about new chapter (fall)?

I mean will this fall chapter will be licensed or original? Some speculations or maybe official news?

Comments

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Sinse we haven't gotten any information about it it's nearly impossible to speculate about it.

However I don't think that they're gonna pull in another licensed killer, sinse the community has been asking for more original killers recently.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

I could have sworn that they said the next 3 would be original content. So the Clown is one, there should be two more original content dlcs before the possibility of a licensed dlc. But hey it would not be the first time they said one thing and did another, isn't that right clown that would never be added to the game.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    edited July 2018
    If say licensed, they dropped that 23 years hint in like dev stream 90 something. Id say creeper, just because they already hinted to it
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

They just spent 20M on getting the game back, they are pumping out original content for a while IMO

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

They just spent 20M on getting the game back, they are pumping out original content for a while IMO

Yea I can see that
  • gazerew
    gazerew Member Posts: 6
    I think it would be teacher, cause of the leaked skins. A lot of them look like school uniforms. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Aftertaste said:
    I mean will this fall chapter will be licensed or original? Some speculations or maybe official news?

licensed cus they want the juicy $$
    killer will be trash as usual, survivor another skin

The only thing I am curious is whether the new map will be a reskin again or whether we actually get a new one

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

@Master said:

@Aftertaste said:

licensed cus they want the juicy $$
    killer will be trash as usual, survivor another skin

The only thing I am curious is whether the new map will be a reskin again or whether we actually get a new one

Clown isn't trash. Curtain Call is buyable on steam so they get "juicy $$" too.

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Skorpanio said:

Sinse we haven't gotten any information about it it's nearly impossible to speculate about it.

However I don't think that they're gonna pull in another licensed killer, sinse the community has been asking for more original killers recently.

They said Original Licensed Original Licensed
  • Unit

It's going to be licensed
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Unit said:
    Skorpanio said:

I am surprised though. They could not release any skin for licensed killers and survivors. On the other hand, they have provided many skins for their original content which means money for them. If I were them, I would try to create more original content to earn more money.

I still feel like the next chapter will be original too.

• Unit
    Delfador said:

@Unit said:
    Skorpanio said:

I am surprised though. They could not release any skin for licensed killers and survivors. On the other hand, they have provided many skins for their original content which means money for them. If I were them, I would try to create more original content to earn more money.

I still feel like the next chapter will be original too.

They hinted towards Jeepers Creepers 
  • I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

i think it will be licensed because october is in fall and last 2 halloweens there was a licensed chapter but you never know

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Unit said:
    Skorpanio said:

Where did they say this?
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited July 2018
    I hope they keep it original, license killers are pretty boring tbh except from Myers.
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

I do like having some licensed killers in the game but I am more of a fan of the original characters just because they have the freedom of cosmetics which I am a sucker for. Other than cosmetic wise I just want some with interesting/useful mechanics to change things up.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

They're making at least two more original Killers, and then they either make another original or drop more hints about Jeepers Creepers.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@Hillbilly420 said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

They're making at least two more original Killers, and then they either make another original or drop more hints about Jeepers Creepers.

No. Not_Queen confirmed they have no interest in the character due to the fact that the character was created by a pedophile.

Thanks for teaching me something new, and now that I think about it, Jeepers Creepers probably wasn't fit for the game anyway. By the way, Horvath probably got slapped in the face after going off stream for making that reference, or was that tease made before Not_Queen confirmed, or rather debunked the possibility of interest in the franchise.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018

They confirmed Creeper is not going to be in the game, they also made Pennywise and Ghostface references, and since we already got a Clown we are left with either Ghostface or a complete surprise. If we get another licensed Killer at all.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Dont worry yall. I will volunteer to be the new killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Lowbei said:
    Dont worry yall. I will volunteer to be the new killer.

A banker killer. Like American Psycho... 
    Special abillity: Ultra White Business Cards.