We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Are Dedicated Servers Working For You?

Options
Fibijean
Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
edited October 2019 in Polls

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about dedicated servers, but I also know that there are some who've been having a perfectly okay experience with them. I thought it might be a regional thing, so I thought it could be helpful if people said whether they were having a good experience with the dedicated servers, and then comment below with your general location so that everyone (devs especially, if they don't have that information already) can get a better idea of where the problem areas are.

(This is only for PC players who have played with the live servers in the past couple of days, for obvious reasons.)

Again, please COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR LOCATION after voting if you feel comfortable doing so.

Are Dedicated Servers Working For You? 52 votes

I'm having a good experience with dedicated servers
48%
Mc_HartyBossdragobvSatsuiAdelookodiakyInjiMister_xDFibijeanHattySlaughterhouse3KilmeranCandyFaceanarchy753Mert_MKABannedCatDonnycrd_dexRullisiNullSp3c 25 votes
I'm having a bad experience with dedicated servers
38%
vampire_toothyArk_the_BonsaiGibberishItqPluInnCognitoAztreonam78DoktdLeonardo1itaxEahttpainQwrtyMan213AngryFluffyDr_LoomisAikanaropalletsryummyBlindninjamiaasma3JudgeReddsdrakonukaris 20 votes
I'm having a mixed experience with dedicated servers (please elaborate in the comments)
13%
zacmangamingSpartagone45grayon444KralleOverdoseTAhoyWolfthemirrortwin 7 votes

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 884
    Options

So far so good. Nurse needs a bit of fixing though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

honestly, i see no difference to my games before dedicated servers.

though i have to admit i got very confused when i saw the "host disconnected from lobby" message in end chat as killer a couple of days ago... it was then that i started realizing i was even playing on them in the first place

• Fibijean
    Options

I'm in Australia, connecting to the Sydney server obviously.

• Fibijean
    Options

@Imwrathan @Mister_xD If you don't mind sharing, where are you guys from? Just because it would be good to get an idea of which regions are working well and which aren't.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2019
    Options

Bit of desync issues, but other than that it's fine.

Australia btw

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

dont worry, i dont mind that ^^

i am from germany :)

hey an alle deutschen :p

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 884
    Options

Connecticut in the US! Dont mind at all :D

• Fibijean
    Options

I hate bumping as a rule but I'm really curious about this topic. Please forgive me.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I'm a console pleb :P

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

Not bad except for some BS window hits but that wasn't really any different on p2p.

I also like how we don't have to requeue in a SWF when we get dodged. Just for this change i'd like if they kept the servers on for a bit longer.

And i'm from germany.

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm having a mixed experience with dedicated servers (please elaborate in the comments)

Not sure how somehow the hitboxes got WORSE with the update...

• JudgeRedds
    JudgeRedds Member Posts: 5
    Options

They didnt get worse the dedicated servers are introducing more desync between clients. Killers can look like they wont get the hit and they will swing and miss then 1 sec later server says they hit you. 120 ping dedicated server might as well be playing 300 ping in p2p. 60 Ping bordering in the range of 200 ping desync between clients. The biggest problem I personally see is the server needs to have client side confirmations on both killer and survivor of hits and non hits. Right now if killer client says it hits then you can be anywhere on the map and server doesn't have a double check. This will lead to you pallet stunning killer then getting hit at a longer distance than in p2p client based servers. I wish they wouldnt force dedicated servers on people. Allow players to choose p2p as an option... until dedicated servers are ready .

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Now for sure i know the hitboxes are not becuase of the servers.They get worse with each update.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

This game become too stressful to play with dedicated servers..

I am wanna delete this thing..

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options

As someone who has a bad internet it feels good to not be called a lag switcher every other killer game. And overall servers feel good.

Only stuff I've seen are some bs Huntress hits, Myers power bar being laggy, and some pallet hits that shouldn't happen.

• Doktd
    Doktd Member Posts: 10
    Options

hello

unplayable with the nurse

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

I'm having strange lag issues in some games. For example, the kicking the gen animation will finish but not the bar. When stalking with Myers, sometimes the bar will jump. Sometimes players lag in weird ways.

However, many games run very smoothly, so it is a mixed bag.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I am in EU, and get 60-100ms ping usually. I have been playing mainly Nurse the last couple of days (because I enjoy her alot), and I get the exact opposite of what alot of people say about her. Sure, you tend to get sucked back a bit after coming ouf the blink, but her hits are so much much more consistent. I can't explain why, but it seems that I no longer get ghosthits (missing survivors at point blank range). That has plagued my Nurse-gameplay for so long in P2P, and dedicated servers finally resolved that. That alone makes me so happy.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462
    Options

Everyone keeps harping on the hit boxes but that's not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is things like Myers tearing up and things like you saying with the nurse. You can't have D sync when you're trying to have pin point accuracy with things like Myers meter

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462
    Options

That's got to be in your head. No way that you are going to increase latency by adding another ping yet it's going to take away things like ghost hits that just doesn't make any sense

• Fibijean
    Options

@zacmangaming @JudgeRedds @grayon444 @Aztreonam78 @rd_dex @Doktd @themirrortwin @Blindninja I would be interested to know where all you guys are playing from (geographically) if you're comfortable sharing it. Would help with understanding whether the issues with servers are a regional thing, and where the problem areas are :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Never had any real trouble finding people, not any different now.

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103
    Options

I'm from Australia. Near Sydney

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options

I'm from Serbia so I should be connected to the Frankfurt server.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

Sadly the servers did not work for me, even though I live near Frankfurt and had a ping of 30 ms for almost every match.

I didn't had problems with lags, there were none, but the hitboxes and latency were terrible.

I got hit through solid walls, I got hit after I vaulted a pallet and already were standing on the other side, I got hit from hatchets, which just flew past me like 2 seconds ago and the list goes on. These things didn't happen only one time. They happened in almost every match with the dedicated servers.

Even when I'm in a killer lobby with a ping of 175ms the hitboxes and latency aren't that terrible like they were with the dedicated servers.

• Fibijean
    Options

Sorry to hear that :( But how strange. I wonder what's causing these huge discrepancies in people's experiences, even in similar areas or connecting to the same server.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

Yeah, it's really strange. I was so hyped for the servers when they were announced but even though one of it is located litterally right next to me, I had a lot of bad experiences with them when they were live and also in the last ptb. It's sad, but I hope they will not officially release them in the current state :(

I hope they can fix this issue somehow...

• Fibijean
    Options

I hope so too. And I think the more information they have, the easier that will be to find and fix the problems, so thanks for sharing your experience!

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

Finland. The connection seems perfectly fine for me when I play alone as a killer, minor teleports rarely. When I play with my American friends, almost every hit, especially behind thrown pallets with their kilometer long arms are bs but that's expected from 200+ ping I suppose.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

I'm from Seattle, U.S.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 894
    Options

Playing on a 60ms connection and seeing how jankt he game is from EU finally, makes me realise how they implement their hitbox checks must be the issue, if fight games can work on unreal 4, then a game like this should have no issue.

• JudgeRedds
    JudgeRedds Member Posts: 5
    Options

Sorry for the late response USA East coast.