If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do you think the game will end?

Options
Detective_Jonathan
Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I mean, it has to happen at some point.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

The Entity is satisfied with the amount of play things it has and continues to toy with them for eternity. The end.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@BLUE_APE said:
    I picture the ending of DBD being seperate game mode, it has one map, and the killer plays as the entity in a smaller form, because the survivors are close to escaping perminnently.
    The reward for beating said mode, you get legacy cosmetic (one peice) for the survivor you were playing as everytime you beat it, and a cutscene where the survivor you were playing as, returns home like nothing happened. It was all a dream?

Dwight Claudette and Meg wake up in a hospital (Not the same one, because they all don't live in the same place and maybe time)

Jake wakes up in his forest home (because he went out to be a survivalist)

Kate wakes up in her family's house, they found her out in the woods unconsicens.

Ace would wake up in a small town near the swamp.

David would wake up in a bar.

Feng Min would wake up in a hospital
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
    Nea wakes up at crotus penn asslym, during the day. (because thats where she went missing)

This cutscene would depend on who you played as, and....if you won.

What about all the licensed characters? @BLUE_APE
    What happened to Lauri, Bill, Quentin and Tapp?

• Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79
    Options

i think the survivors will break the control of the killer and they fight back and will went all to heaven. at least that's what i hope will be,haha

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Options

@Oink_Oink said:
    i think the survivors will break the control of the killer and they fight back and will went all to heaven. at least that's what i hope will be,haha

I like your thoughts ;)

@Detective_Jonathan said:

Uuuuh, well the thing is, since they are licensed characters, they aren't really cannon. But your right ,your right, I mean not everyone is going to play the non licensed survivors.

(My fav) Laurie goes back home and lives her life with almost no memory of past events in the relm of the entity. Nothing more then a bad dream. (though I'm sure she's still a wreck after walking in a house to find her friends dead, only to be attacked right afterward.)

Quentin wakes up in his bed the next morning, he remembers the events, because he knows about dreams and dream world stuff. But continues on, and prepares, should Freddy return.

Tapp wakes up in hospital, wearing a large neck cast. (I reeeeeaally don't know enough about him to say what happens)

Bill.....I'm uh....you got me there, because Bill actually died in left for dead 2, and he ended up in the relm of the entity. So either Bill comes back and finds his comerads, or he's lead into a heaven by an angle.

• Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79
    Options

@BLUE_APE said:

@Oink_Oink said:

I like your thoughts ;)

Uuuuh, well the thing is, since they are licensed characters, they aren't really cannon. But your right ,your right, I mean not everyone is going to play the non licensed survivors.

(My fav) Laurie goes back home and lives her life with almost no memory of past events in the relm of the entity. Nothing more then a bad dream. (though I'm sure she's still a wreck after walking in a house to find her friends dead, only to be attacked right afterward.)

Quentin wakes up in his bed the next morning, he remembers the events, because he knows about dreams and dream world stuff. But continues on, and prepares, should Freddy return.

Tapp wakes up in hospital, wearing a large neck cast. (I reeeeeaally don't know enough about him to say what happens)

Bill.....I'm uh....you got me there, because Bill actually died in left for dead 2, and he ended up in the relm of the entity. So either Bill comes back and finds his comerads, or he's lead into a heaven by an angle.

perhaps bill wakes up after some time again because what he did for the other surivors and give him the gift to live once more

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Options

@Oink_Oink said:

perhaps bill wakes up after some time again because what he did for the other surivors and give him the gift to live once more

Hey yeah, thats a good one too

• Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@WhateverIGuess said:
    It probably won't. The Entity is eternal and it's goal is to take over the world. It will slowly but surely take more and more survivors while turning the old ones into killers, once all of their hope is lost. That being said, good always wins at some point so, if there ever was a planned ending:

I think that the survivors first have to find an opening, something to make the Entity vulnerable and safely escape. I think they'd have to start breaking rules of the entity, refuse to play by its rules. Attacking the killer, trying to kill him or something to break the balance. Then, once the Entity is vulnerable and weak, they could escape.
    I like the theme everyone's using for survivors, that they return to their normal lives and wake up in the real world.

(I will not include licensed survivors)

Dwight: He would suddenly wake up in a forest, near a campfire, not knowing what exactly happened. Every night he would hear the Entity's whispers, making him believe he actually was somewhere.

Jake: Would wake up in his forest home he lived in before the Entity consumed him. The only thing giving him faint flashbacks would be his trusty toolbox.

Meg: She would wake up mid-sprinting, running out of the woods as fast as she can, looking around and seeing the Entity's spider-like legs all swarming her, then, once she'd run out of the forest, she'd turn around and ask herself: "What am I running from?"

Claudette: Would wake up in front of her computer, seeing all the people on her forum asking where she is, she'd look out the window to see the Entity's spikes slowly disappearing in the forest.

Nea: Would wake up on the rooftop of Crotus Prenn Asylum. Back in the old days, when it was still working, she'd ask a Nurse for directions, only to realise the Nurse she spoke to was the Nurse we all know and love. Running as fast as she could, elegantly and before making her swift exit, she'd look at the Asylum again and see a completely ruined building.

Ace: Would wake up to a bad life, the people who he scammed would find him eventually, and this time, Lady Luck wouldn't save him.

Feng: Would wake up at a bar, drinks and computers on the tables. It was her LAN party she had planned. She'd develop a big phobia of doctors and hospitals, everytime she'd plug her notebook or phone, she could feel a slight zap and see the Doctor's face as a reminder.

David: Would return to his normal life, fighting, drinking, thinking that if he could beat the Entity's killers, he could take on anyone that ever challenged him.

Kate: She would wake up near a campfire, the song of her guitar would wake her up, no one playing on it, it would play by itself. It would play the Survivor theme we all know, reminding her of the awful encounters she experienced.

Here is what i think would happen to the licensed characters. Since you didn't include. No big deal though.
    1. Laurie: Would probably wake up laying down on the sidewalk in the middle of Halloween. As everyone is passing by her, probably thinking that she is some type of prop.
    2. Detective Tapp: Would wake up as he is getting ready to go after Zep Hindle. Although this time, he knows what will happen and this time. It will be different.
    3. Quentin: Would probably wake up in bed, in a massive pool of sweat. Gasping for air as he realizes that everything that happened was just a dream. But the one question still remains. Is Freddy still out there?
    4. Bill: Since Bill is canonically dead in the L4D universe. He probably at this point would stay dead and probably went to Heaven. That is, if he believes in such a thing.
    @WhateverIGuess

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Also, gonna leave it here too

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

It ends once you finish following John Crammers rules.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

I'd like to think that project awakening is a project that humans made to conquer the entity, and that the end is the achievement of it

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Rattman said:
    Also, gonna leave it here too

I like this picture. I know this probably means nothing but hear me out,

One thing I've observed about "Dead by Daylight" is that daylight is not present once in the entire game. They're stuck in a loop, but only for the duration of the night. Never are they present during the daylight in this loop. That means, it is essentially a time loop and not a casual one.

"time loops are constantly resetting: when a certain condition is met, such as a death of a character or a clock reaches a certain time, the loop starts again, with one or more characters retaining the memories from the previous loop.[3]:207" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_loop) This link is from Wikipedia, so it's skeptical to say for credibility.

If we are however using this statement, that means that something at the end of the loop they're stuck in, either the time is up or some specific conditions were met that would reset the loop (i.e A Survivor being sacrificed on hook or escaping via the hatch or exit gates).

Also, it's quick to note some really important information:

Thanks to @TheBretzel with the theory (and seemingly well proved) about The Entity's Weakness and further information on other existing realms, (Check here: ttps://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5278/the-entitys-weakness-revealed-and-proved#latest)

Key points I'd like to mention from that thread:

• Multiple realms exist within The Entity's; such as The Spirit World and The Dream World
    • Wraith & Nurse have direct access with them as proven by their powers
    • "Anything affected by the Spirit World is weak towards intense light"

The Thread continues on explaining about how the Entity resides in the Spirit World and how Survivors when hooked, also have slight access. Really, if you have the time, go read it.

So if the Entity mostly resides in the Spirit World, and is very weak towards intense light, it could be speculated that the Entity's biggest weakness would be Daylight itself.

I mean, it would make sense, since even flashlights are a weakness. So maybe the answer to breaking the loop has to do with achieving daylight in these realms to leave. I guess if you aren't Dead by Daylight, that is. :P

But in all seriousness, I like this picture. I feel like it'd look like this. Not to mention, it's speculated that the entity comes out as that black smoke at the camp fire. Looks like the fire went out.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

@WhateverIGuess said:
    It probably won't. The Entity is eternal and it's goal is to take over the world. It will slowly but surely take more and more survivors while turning the old ones into killers, once all of their hope is lost. That being said, good always wins at some point so, if there ever was a planned ending:

I think that the survivors first have to find an opening, something to make the Entity vulnerable and safely escape. I think they'd have to start breaking rules of the entity, refuse to play by its rules. Attacking the killer, trying to kill him or something to break the balance. Then, once the Entity is vulnerable and weak, they could escape.
    I like the theme everyone's using for survivors, that they return to their normal lives and wake up in the real world.

Dwight: He would suddenly wake up in a forest, near a campfire, not knowing what exactly happened. Every night he would hear the Entity's whispers, making him believe he actually was somewhere.

Jake: Would wake up in his forest home he lived in before the Entity consumed him. The only thing giving him faint flashbacks would be his trusty toolbox.

Meg: She would wake up mid-sprinting, running out of the woods as fast as she can, looking around and seeing the Entity's spider-like legs all swarming her, then, once she'd run out of the forest, she'd turn around and ask herself: "What am I running from?"

Claudette: Would wake up in front of her computer, seeing all the people on her forum asking where she is, she'd look out the window to see the Entity's spikes slowly disappearing in the forest.

Nea: Would wake up on the rooftop of Crotus Prenn Asylum. Back in the old days, when it was still working, she'd ask a Nurse for directions, only to realise the Nurse she spoke to was the Nurse we all know and love. Running as fast as she could, elegantly and before making her swift exit, she'd look at the Asylum again and see a completely ruined building.

Ace: Would wake up to a bad life, the people who he scammed would find him eventually, and this time, Lady Luck wouldn't save him.

Feng: Would wake up at a bar, drinks and computers on the tables. It was her LAN party she had planned. She'd develop a big phobia of doctors and hospitals, everytime she'd plug her notebook or phone, she could feel a slight zap and see the Doctor's face as a reminder.

David: Would return to his normal life, fighting, drinking, thinking that if he could beat the Entity's killers, he could take on anyone that ever challenged him.

Kate: She would wake up near a campfire, the song of her guitar would wake her up, no one playing on it, it would play by itself. It would play the Survivor theme we all know, reminding her of the awful encounters she experienced.

Here is what i think would happen to the licensed characters. Since you didn't include. No big deal though.
    1. Laurie: Would probably wake up laying down on the sidewalk in the middle of Halloween. As everyone is passing by her, probably thinking that she is some type of prop.
    2. Detective Tapp: Would wake up as he is getting ready to go after Zep Hindle. Although this time, he knows what will happen and this time. It will be different.
    3. Quentin: Would probably wake up in bed, in a massive pool of sweat. Gasping for air as he realizes that everything that happened was just a dream. But the one question still remains. Is Freddy still out there?
    4. Bill: Since Bill is canonically dead in the L4D universe. He probably at this point would stay dead and probably went to Heaven. That is, if he believes in such a thing.
    @WhateverIGuess

But Tapp is canonically dead or at least dying when The Entity brought him into the world so like bill wouldn't he just fully die
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

Jake:  Would wake up in his forest home he lived in before the Entity consumed him. The only thing giving him faint flashbacks would be his trusty toolbox.

@WhateverIGuess

But Tapp is canonically dead or at least dying when The Entity brought him into the world so like bill wouldn't he just fully die

I would like to think in Tapps case he would get a second chance. So in a way he traveled a little bit back in time and is aware of the events that happened in the first Saw, Except he is ready this time and knows what to do differently. But with Bill, if what was done with Tapp was done with him. The same events would have taken place therefore leading him to know that he would need to sacrifice himself again.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I wonder if the entity hasn’t pulled everyone in, but something or someone else has as well. Kate was pulle din, but she brings hope to the party. The entity is weak to light, or at least has an aversion to it. Maybe the entity makes some rules but not all of them. Why else would the entity allow light, and flashlights. Yes it effects the killers, but if it dislikes light, which i believe is canonical, and someone like Vigo or Benedict...or something equal to the entity we haven’t seen yet, makes that access possible?

Obviously just speculation, but it’s interesting to think about.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

In a fizzle. Devs are gonna run this ######### to the ground.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

i think it would be cool if at some point say the survivors find an escape from his realm from some light being but some of the survivors dont make it and are stuck in the enity forever losing hope and them becoming killers in DBD 2 but with benedict and all his survivors that he is paired with being the survivors still. imagine claudete as a killer and benedict and his friends being survivors (most we dont know)

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

this is why i still breath

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@BLUE_APE said:

@Oink_Oink said:

I like your thoughts ;)

in bills case i would think of that when released from the entity that he wakes up on a rooftop next to where he makes his sacrifice or something idk the left for dead lore that well but maybe he found his way back to his group

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Itll end with it just never ending. Itll keep going, and going and going!!! ITLL NEVER END (insert evil laughter) 
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

@WhateverIGuess said:

I always liked the idea of the survivors waking up to their normal life, possibly forgetting what happened or brushing it off as a nightmare, though they would always wonder. Maybe little time has passed in the real world compared to the years they spent in the entity's realm. Maybe they would meet in real life one day. I don't know, but that kind of stuff is cool to me.

• OffensiveHumor
    OffensiveHumor Member Posts: 131
    Options

This is actually really interesting. It would be sick as hell if this actually happened.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The game ends after the first Jigsaw Box. Obviously
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Options
    With Matthieu taking all my money and giving me his "I think we did a pretty good job so far" face while he leaves.