We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

PLS READ THE WHOLE THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ!!!!!

Options
Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,178

So, I made a poll where I asked if it would be a good idea to have in game ads to earn auric cells, BUT IN A WAY SO YOU CAN DISABLE THEM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM.

From what I saw, it seems that you just went in the poll and didn't read it fully, so the idea seemed bad because some people don't want in game ads, even for money, even when waiting in the lobby.

So, these are the options:

1- It's good because you can choose not to see them

2- It isn't good even if you can choose not to seem them

3- Undecided

4- The idea is bad because (explain)

5- The idea is good because (explain)

READ THE THREAD ENTIRELY!

PLS READ THE WHOLE THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ฟ!!!!! 47 votes

34%
GibberishIhatelifeZagridLethalPugyXaggyPluanarchy753grtf47Timtom24OmegaXIILeonardo1itaOMagic_ManOGrootDude8obot1cmrmeowskeeenChunkyymunky 16 votes
34%
BossHail_to_the_KingFibijeanSpartagone45MiriamGAcesthetiicbrokedownpalaceKnex4545Akarate_DolphinAwakeyErshCarlosyluDicklayciaHellbentIcewhisperPhoenix_Wright 16 votes
10%
AhoyWolfTodgeweihtQuolSinisterDogcralo 5 votes
17%
HattyDr_TrautsMicheal_MyersBunnyTheHuttpremiumRICELentoroghostface_tryhard69909 8 votes
4%
AshleyWByobuddd 2 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

@ghostface_tryhard69 you didn't explain anything

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

You don't get belittled. If you didn't want them to harrass you, you could simply turn them off. The game costs 7,30โ‚ฌ on instant gaming btw (8 $) .

Anyway, I don't understand how should ads make BHVR earn less money. They would earn money from ads, wouldn't they? Some games just live with ads.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Community might be annoyed, but they'd get good source income.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Iโ€™m fine if I can disable it

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I am so non-conformist I only read the title, not even the OP.

• ghostface_tryhard69
    Options

Ads donโ€™t matter, if you give people free cells it will hurt future development and income. In most games, ads only make up a small portion of revenue, with the most being dlc followed close behind be micro-transactions.

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121
    Options

I still don't understand if i have to read the whole thread or not

Jokes aside, 4, you guys know that adding ads means they should

-Know your location and (possibly) likings: You ain't gonna get an ad to a concert in Manhattan if you are from Arabia Saudita, would you? or in a language that you don't understand, so they will have to add some kind of tracking, which is a big nono for many. About "likings", so far i know google and facebook does this, if you type in instragram/whatsapp or facebook something like "i really want new clothes" you will receive ads of pair of clothes, it actually is like this, and this and knowing your location without them asking for your permission, is considered as a spyware, and even if it has that, it goes against the Steam Rules, so this whole post is pointless.

-Answer dataminers that go like "UHHH DIDN'T KNEW A GAME ON STEAM COULD SPY YOUR PC!!!!" and probably make a huuuge drama and a lot of legal stuff

tl;dr - this post is stupid

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    Options

@Hatty I dont care about tracking because if they want, they can track my location so that point is irrelevant. This would actually earn money for the devs and for players. Ads dont have to spy on you, that is a form of ads but you explained it like bhvr would do that which they dont need to.

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

In fact, not all the ads spy you or pick your data without your permission.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It's bad because then you will just be on a game just like:

NBA 2K19

With miserable video or ADs on your screen plus it's tedious just to disable Ad's and just makes the games already miserable lag worse.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

I get enough spam on youtube and I donโ€™t want it in my games. If I want a skin I buy it.

Btw how many auric cells do you think you will earn for ads? Youโ€™ll need ages just to get 50

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Idea is good because free monies

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

Well, 11 pro votes against 16 contra votes

Unfortunately I have to declare that ads wouldn't be appreciated in this game :(

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I've seen games do it tastefully before, like a button in the store tab that says "click here to watch ads for cells" so I have to look for it to find it, it isn't pushed on me.

That said, what would BHVR advertise there, as most of those spaces usually get filled with ######### mobile games nobody is dumb enough to touch, and since BHVR isn't exactly overflowing with other titles, they'd basically be advertising competition.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624
    Options

i just dont get why this is something to discuss whilst gens suck

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Hell no.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Advertising for games they're not involved in is typically exactly what in-game adverts are all about, because the game developers get paid ad revenue by the developers of the advertised game. But it's typically a feature of free-to-play games because that's their main source of income. So there might be a place for it in the mobile version of DBD, but there's no real reason to include such a feature in the paid PC/console edition of the game.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yeah well they aren't exactly against using f2p methods of money making up to now.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Perhaps, but ads seem very unnecessary, and in my opinion they would hurt the game's integrity by cheapening it, so not the greatest idea from a business standpoint.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I really dont care mate, there is no reason to get so angry over people not reading your post

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

I actually like the idea, but yes, people would be annoyed.

The simple solution is to have ads disabled by default. If people want to see them, then they have to actively opt-in by toggling some switch or or โ€œagreeโ€ button something. And, of course, they can turn it back off too.

This would then end up as a steady source of ad revenue for Behavior from people like me who would NEVER spend actual cash on silly cosmetics in a video game. If I could earn them by watching ads while waiting in lobbies though, well THATโ€™S a different story!

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

This another damn good point. 3 gens in 80 seconds still (which become 48 with an engineer's toolbox with Brand new part and socket swivels)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Dead by Daylight is not a phone app, so getting an ad for Papa John's would be stupid, too put it bluntly. The game is fine as is, we don't need ads too earn currency, even if it was auric cells I would never be ok with it. Using ad's for ingame currency is for phone apps which are free, not for a 20-30$ game with over 100$ of DLC and a battle pass.