We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do you approve of Tier 1 Myers being able to be detected using "Spine Chill" or "Premonition"?

Options
Micheal_Myers
Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Old Myers:

(Detection Perks mean: Object of Obsession, Premonition, Spine Chill, & More)

New Myers Removes the "Immunity to detection perks" and makes it so he's only immune to Aura Reading perks.

In my personal belief I feel like he should be unique and be immune to ALL detection Perks.

Do you approve of Tier 1 Myers being able to be detected using "Spine Chill" or "Premonition"? 64 votes

Make Tier 1 (EW1) Myers Immune to ALL Detection Perks.
35%
White_OwlGibberishJEWberryPigNRunzacmangamingkatoptrisVESSELStormhaven13AcesthetiicRainbowPatooieTragicSolitudead19970RaptorrotasOmegaXIICrowFoxyrd_dexdoitagain_MysticAdvisorErshRaven014 23 votes
Make Tier 1 (EW1) Myers ONLY Immune to Aura Reading Perks (Explain)
17%
GuiltronInnCognitoCancan71BunnyTheHuttSkeletalEliteRydogMrsGhostfaceZackAndCodyLavalinater9209[Deleted User]SinisterDog 11 votes
Make Tier 1 (EW1) Myers ONLY Immune to Spine Chill/Premonition styled Perks (Explain)
0%
Keep Old Myers
14%
Spartagone45HozhMicheal_MyersTheRockstarKnightGrimBoosted_Dwightn2njauwuCreepingcam1070Quol 9 votes
Keep PTB Myers (Explain)
32%
BossArk_the_BonsaiStevoLethalPugyJoelux1Speshul_Kittenanarchy753UncannyLuckElkTheGameZpro3Fog_KingGrootDudeNuclearBurritoSunderMunMrPenguinNullSp3cpremiumRICEGrazoxAhoyWolfjasonq500 21 votes

Comments

• Micheal_Myers
    Options
    Keep Old Myers

Yep.

• Micheal_Myers
    Options
    Keep Old Myers

He does... Lol he ain't just gunna sneak up on you if you are looking around plus, he literally gets 100% countered if you literally know what direction he is coming from trying to get out of EW1. So.... how does this help myers exactly..? this is 100% in favor of survivors.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

The counterplay is paying attention and looping him. He's very slow and there are several spots to heal where you can see him coming and have plenty of time to get away, even in indoor maps. The element of surprise is all he has, so I don't agree with it being taken away.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Having no Terror Radius is nice, but I'd take immunity to spine chill over that if I had to choose between the two, since I could always go back to running M&A.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

I like my spine chill getting buffed :v

• Micheal_Myers
    Options
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

😈 -Evil Claudette laughter-

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

Spine Chill is meant to do that, if it doesn’t just delete it

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

I want to be paranoid when Spine Chill doesn't activate for a suspicious amount of time

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

I personally like this more. Survivors who don’t have Spine Chill and the equivalent will be easier to sneak up on or stalk. Frees up a perk space if you intend on using a scratched mirror since you’ll no longer have a terror radius in T1. In saying that my opinion probably shouldn’t count since I’m a PS4 survivor main, though I don’t really use spine chill anyway so I won’t be affected by the change on that particular front.

• SinisterDog
    SinisterDog Member Posts: 48
    Options

Big myers fan boy here and killer main, but I think he should only be immune to aura reading perks since they tend to completely ruin his game plan a lot more than perks like spinechill, I feel like maiming spinechill and perks like that, is a bit too overboard since they are decent perks at most that don't interrupt myers gameplan too much and they're not too good. But object of obsession completely ruins his gameplan for that single survivor which is huuuuuge (don't even get me started on SwF). And by only allowing for spinechill like perks it allows for more mindgames.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

I like the absolute fear Myers holds, espaically not knowing if he's looking at you.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

I kinda wanna see how this will go outside of the PTB instead of just immediately going "no" on this change.

• Micheal_Myers
    Options
    Keep Old Myers

Object of Obsession never ever showed Myers in Tier 1. Neither did Spine Chill or Premonition.

He was immune to all Detection perks (in the latest Build not PTB)

But in the PTB he's only immune to Aura Reading Perks in Tier 1 instead of being immune to all.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options
    Keep Old Myers

Old myers is nice, especially the builds that revolve around him staying in T1 those are really fun to play and play against.

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84
    Options
  • Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Keep Old Myers

Spine chill and premonition are just fine, don't forget that killers have counter perks too, makes no sense at all to turn him inmune to those two, why would they even exist and take space of your perks bar?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Premonition's description also says that it overrules all killer stealth abilities. Between that and EW1's description, both cannot be true.

Aura-reading perks are one thing. Yes, I think it makes reasonable sense for stealth killers to not get revealed by Object of Obsession, Alert, or other aura perks, because these completely destroy stealth.

Spine Chill and Premonition don't do this. They provide imperfect information about the killer's movements. Remember that even when these perks are working, the user is still not getting a terror radius or a red stain, so they still have way less information to go off of.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,211
    edited October 2019
    Options

Unlike the other stealth killers, EW1 cannot be canceled and Myers needs to "ambush" one or multiple targets to remove the negative effect of his stealth.

His slow movement in EW1 also hurts more if they get a headstart thanks to those perks.

Also he loses that advantage once he tiers up.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

To me perks like Spine Chill and Premonition are the type of perks that show have effect on Myer EW1. To me it's like in real life. You can't see them, but you have this feeling that you are being watched. Aura reading shouldn't work on him until EW2.

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149
    Options

Spine Chill & Premonition are made to trump any of the killer's stealth abilities, so it should work as intended. Also to keep consistency with Ghost Face.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Keep the Premonition and Spine Chill part of EW1 myers. Unless you are going a Mirror build, you have literally 0 reason too stay in EW1 Myers, and if they are good survivors, they will already know if you are stalking them by simply looking. Plus, not many people run Spine Chill, and no one runs Premonition at red ranks, so the likely hood of loosing a stalk because of one of these perks are slim.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    Keep PTB Myers (Explain)

Keeping stealth as a consistent mechanism between killers is healthier for the game.

Spine Chill and Premonition ONLY exist to help against stealth killers, and there's no reason one of them should be immune to them.

They also aren't prominent enough to ruin games for Myers even when they're in them, it just means a survivor's perks work. Either you leave tier 1 a few seconds into a match, or you're running a mirror build where neither one really gives them much of an edge anyway.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,665
    Options

My option is the same as keeping PTB myers ( I think anyways) but basically I think its fair because ew1 myers is going to have a 0 meter terror radius instead of a 6 meter one, so its fair that he loses his spine chill and premonition immunity, especially since these are primarily new player perks.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I'd rather have them immune to all detection perks as a part of the status effect. That way it'll make people less likely to rely on them (Spine Chill + Premonition mostly).