I use a controller and I'm terrible with flashlights! Please help!

Options

I've been playing DBD on PC for a few months now and am slowly getting better at the game. I'm a rank 16 survivor currently. The one thing I cannot seem to get the hang of is flashlights.

Disclaimer. . . I play with a PS4 controller. I know this is a cardinal sin in the PC world but I've always been a console player and like to play games on my big TV. Hopefully we can move past that point. :)

Does anyone have any tips on how to effectively use the flashlight with a controller?

Comments

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

If you think that’s hard you should try to play killer and try to hit a survivor that is good at 360s lol.. it really isn’t that hard and doesn’t require any aiming skill.. just aim for the head in general and it should work if you time it right

• ghostface_tryhard69
    Options

Try using wide lens add ons. Makes flashlights on controller much easier.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Flashlights with controler in general are harder

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options

No real tips for aiming it mostly just comes down to practice and experiance. You can practice in kyf to get the basics down. Then make sure you bring flashlights into matches and get some real in game experience. Then after a while it should just become natural.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

It just takes practice. When I moved from PC to PS4 I thought I was never going to get flashlights down. After about a month or so of playing I started get better and now I’m just as good as I was on PC. Keep at it. :)

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Important note! You cannot interrupt a pickup during the animation. So if you successfully blind during the pickup anim, you only get the blind, not the drop.

You have to time the blind to hit just after the anim is done. But before they have time to look up and avoid it.

• Kasaki
    Kasaki Member Posts: 155
    Options

Try to aim before you click by centering them up in your screen , if you click and then aim you will waste your flashlight and be all over the place