Deceptive Pricing in the Store

MasterManMike
MasterManMike Member Posts: 19
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

To preface, I understand that most of this is all marketing and mindgames in order to get you to buy more stuff.

I hate that the store constantly lists auric cell items as "10% off" despite that being their normal price all the time, I know that this is to indicate that its 10% less than the equivalent iridescent shard price but even items that are only available with auric cells list their price as 10% off, its not 10% off, its normal price.

Another massively annoying thing is that this new sale on the old hallowed blight skins are supposedly "25% off"!!!! but they're not, they're 15% off, because they're always 10% off. It feels super scummy and sly to say that they're 25% off. and I feel like there's some law against labeling something as on sale despite that being the actual price, something about false advertising.

Again, this isn't massive, just something that has been bothering me for a while and want to know if its bothering others.

EDIT: I now know that this is called Deceptive Pricing but can't be bothered to look if it's against any laws.

Comments