Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hex Perk Reworks and More!

M2Fream
M2Fream Member Posts: 288
We all know totems are a bit unreliable. In this post, I will rework each hex perk individualy so that there are no longer hex perks but will be nerfed slightly to compensate, except for the third seal, which will be buffed.

Hex: Ruin ---> Ruin:
Start with 25/30/35 tokens. All survivors are affected with ruin as long as one token remains.
2 tokens are lost for every great skillcheck hit
1 token is lost for every good skillcheck hit
1/1/2  tokens are gained for every missed skillcheck

Hex: No One Escapes Death ---> No One Escapes Death:
When the exit gates are powered, gain 2/3/4% movement speed and 10/20/30% action speed. Your first 1/2/2 attacks put survivors in the dying state.
The speed buffs lasts for 40/50/60 seconds

Hex: Huntress Lulluby ---> Huntress Lulluby
When a survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a token. Every token makes the time between the skillcheck sound and skillcheck 15/18/20% shorter. Once all survivors have been hooked 1 time, there are no skillcheck warnings.

Hex: The Third Seal ---> The Third Seal
When a survivor is hit by you, they lose 2/3/4 meters of aura reading ability. This stacks an infinate number of times. Additionaly, auras that usually have no limit (empathy III, hooked and dying survivors, kindred, Jigsaw boxes etc) will now be limited to 64/56/48 meters upon being hit for the first time and can be affected by the perk

Hex: Devour Hope ---> Devour Hope
Every time you hit a survivor and every time a survivor is hooked  gain 8/9/10 cooldown reduction on succesfull and missed hits, up to 50%. You will passivley lose 2% every 5/6/7 seconds.

What to do with totems now?
As part of a killers base loadout, they can pick 5 tiny buffs that are tied to each totem. The list will have 20 tiny buffs.

1) -1% movement speed on injured survivors
2) -6% action speed (pallet and vault)
3) 2% regression on skillchecks
4) 1.25x generator regression speed
5) Instant 3% regression on generator regress
6) 8% decreased totem cleanse speed
7) 8% increased item consumption rates
8) 5% power charge rate bonus (Rip Tinker)
9) 4% increase time for survivor debuffs
10) 5% increse exit gate open time
11) -8 seconds per hook stage
12) 8% faster bleedout on dying survivors
13) 10% less luck for chest searches
14) 8% smaller skillcheck success zones
15) - 5% healing speed
16) - 1m aura reading ability for survivors
17) 10% more scratchmarks
18) 10% more blood puddles
19) grunts of pain and breathing 8% louder
20) 5% faster bloodlust gain
-------
QOL survivor nerfs

While doing any action except walking, crouching, vulting, and running  survivors have first person view.

This will make generators more boring so there will be a rework for them too. Rusty parts will spawn around the map. Each survivor can hold two. Each generorator will require one part for each exposed side. (All four sides exposed will make each rusty part worth 25% of the generator.) This means that at most, 20 parts will be needed so 25 will spawn.) Each part is installed similer to a BNP but at the speed and difficulty of normal repairs. Skilkchecks remain the same.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Basically, a nerf to all Hex perks, overall.
    Not quite sure about that since they're already weak.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Runiver said:

Do you really think in this way? His suggestion about huntress lullaby more or less the same with my version of it and it was a little ibt OP considering the doctor. All the hex totems will be removed from the game and you won't be able to destroy ruin anymore. You can only hit great skill checks and good skill checks to counter it.

Overall I liked the changes but I am not sure. This post deserves to get attention a little bit more.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Or:

Ruin - just remove the "1 token is lost for every good skillcheck hit"

NOED - it just should be like it used to be, maybe remove the speed boost only.

Huntress Lullaby - I do not know why is it a hex, it should be just a normal perk.

The Third Seal - same like with the Huntress' Lullaby

Devour Hope - just raise the tokens to 3/4/5 or just remove the speed boost.

Thrill of the Hunt - it should not be a hex perk. Damn, it is even too weak for a normal perk, it needs buffs.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Delfador said:

@Runiver said:

Do you really think in this way? His suggestion about huntress lullaby more or less the same with my version of it and it was a little ibt OP considering the doctor. All the hex totems will be removed from the game and you won't be able to destroy ruin anymore. You can only hit great skill checks and good skill checks to counter it.

Overall I liked the changes but I am not sure. This post deserves to get attention a little bit more.

Hm misread that part indeed.
    Might be too strong for the Lullaby part.
    Not sure about the others, tho I'm not sure hex totem will be removed from the game at this point, I've never seen a feature disappearing from the game once it has been put in, so far, except for a very few nerfs.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I think these are cool ideas, but I'm not sure about Huntress's Lullaby. That perk is already incredibly strong on the doctor so I don't know if that change would be the way to go.