Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This Game Cant be Balanced.

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

I hate scrolling through threads seeing people beg for balance. This is an asymmetric game there is no balance one side has to be extremely powerful as the other side is at its mercy. But with items, teamwork, and skilled plays the weaker team has a chance of escaping. Its just that the wrong side has more power therefore allot of the things survivors are used to have to be nerfed and nulled out so this game can actually be what its supposed to be. Thats just how things are.

Comments

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

outsmarting, teamwork
    actually takes brains and teamwork to win
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    the chase is too strong so lets buff aura reading talents to make hiding worse
    pretty good jooooooooorb so far

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Yes, there is supposed to be a balance. If you were to put the killer on one side of the scale and four survivors on the other, the survivor side would be heavier, which is imbalance due to how this game is supposed to be. It needs to be balanced to a point where one killer holds about the same weight of four survivors. So in a sense, this game can be balanced, but at the moment, it's not.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The game can be balanced. It being assymetrical is no excuse to let obvious unbalances to go unchecked.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    It can never be completely and truly balanced, that’s true. However the the balance is so severely off tilt it’s not even close. 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    the game is balanced fine, and is only unbalanced by swf, which will be dealt with in the ladder patch.

that being said, i have no trouble playing at any rank on either side, and i play far more inebriated than any of you, so its not that bad.
  • Global

@Runiver said:
    The game can be balanced. It being assymetrical is no excuse to let obvious unbalances to go unchecked.

No this game shouldnt be balanced one side needs to be extremely powerful hence the reason why this game is "asymmetric".

• Global

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    Yes, there is supposed to be a balance. If you were to put the killer on one side of the scale and four survivors on the other, the survivor side would be heavier, which is imbalance due to how this game is supposed to be. It needs to be balanced to a point where one killer holds about the same weight of four survivors. So in a sense, this game can be balanced, but at the moment, it's not.

If it were balanced it would be a symmetric game this is an asymmetric game.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Global said:

@Runiver said:

No this game shouldnt be balanced one side needs to be extremely powerful hence the reason why this game is "asymmetric".

You don't make sense.
    You balance a game to be a proper 4v1.
    Even if it's 4v1, you call it "balanced", you just have to have a proper power repartition.

• Lowbei
    kay

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

I sense a disturbance in the fog

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    My guess is, that killers will never be strong, because then, survivors would play mostly killer. Which would cause long lobby queues.

But right now it's ridiculously balanced in survivors favor.
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

I would like to see survs' survival rate/rank when they cant communicate compared to using ir. Will never happen. Survs are used to their crutches and this is why people are leaving this game as killers. Survs are cheating. End of.

There is no amount of BEE ESS you can tell me that will change my opinion on this matter. Survs using coms to give themselves an unfair advantage is not meant to be in the game or they would have implemented coms in-game. Did they? No. All you get is over there and come here gestures. Instead, coms nullify Knock out, you wont need either Kindred, Empathy or Bond, nor will you need detection perks such as Premonition or Spinchill.

You wont need some of the most powerful perks in this game hence the overuse of perks that allow survs to bully killers.

As killer this game is not even fun. Its more frustrating then anything else.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Global said:
    I hate scrolling through threads seeing people beg for balance. This is an asymmetric game there is no balance one side has to be extremely powerful as the other side is at its mercy. But with items, teamwork, and skilled plays the weaker team has a chance of escaping. Its just that the wrong side has more power therefore allot of the things survivors are used to have to be nerfed and nulled out so this game can actually be what its supposed to be. Thats just how things are.

Why do you read these threads then?

Oh, and even an assymetrical game can be balanced (but balance means balance in a 1vs4 not in a 1vs1 :wink: )
    And yeah devs slowly start nerfing survivors, but they have a long way to go after the mess they have produced

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Lowbei said:
    the game is balanced fine, and is only unbalanced by swf, which will be dealt with in the ladder patch.

that being said, i have no trouble playing at any rank on either side, and i play far more inebriated than any of you, so its not that bad.

Ok, "i play far more inebriated than any of you" that got a laugh out of me

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

I like the way they did on Identity V, you either do a Draw = 2 kills, or you win the game by getting 3 kills as a Killer

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018
    Global said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

It asymmetrical because of 4v1 not because it’s suposed to be one sided. The 4 together are supposed to balance to equal the 1. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:
    My guess is, that killers will never be strong, because then, survivors would play mostly killer. Which would cause long lobby queues.

Survivors do have to be near 3-4 TIMES more appealing than killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah, thats why Megs ass is sexier than Billys.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah, thats why Megs ass is sexier than Billys.

D A R N

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Paddy4583 said:
    Global said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

It asymmetrical because of 4v1 not because it’s suposed to be one sided. The 4 together are supposed to balance to equal the 1. 

Well right now 1 of the 4 can balance the 1 solo. Hence the frustations and complaints.

• Paddy4583

@Paddy4583 said:
    Global said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Well right now 1 of the 4 can balance the 1 solo. Hence the frustations and complaints.

I think there’s always gonna be someone complaining regardless. I’m not sure it’s as unbalanced as people want everyone to believe 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Paddy4583 said:
    Global said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Exactly 4 should be equal to 1 but at this point, for most killers 1 almost equals 1. A survivor should not be able to loop a killer for 5 gens.

Stating that I am not getting looped by one guy for 5 gens because I quickly change targets and force them to go to the areas with used pallets. So killers must git gud and understand that playing killer is not like using W and m1. Still, you can't say that wraith and leatherface are perfectly balanced and there is no problem with them.

• Paddy4583
    edited July 2018
    Delfador said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Global said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Exactly 4 should be equal to 1 but at this point, for most killers 1 almost equals 1. A survivor should not be able to loop a killer for 5 gens.

Stating that I am not getting looped by one guy for 5 gens because I quickly change targets and force them to go to the areas with used pallets. So killers must git gud and understand that playing killer is not like using W and m1. Still, you can't say that wraith and leatherface are perfectly balanced and there is no problem with them.

Ugghhh 
    not all killers can be looped that long and certainly it all survivors can do it either. 
    Of cause 1:1 can’t be balanced but that’s what a chase is equated too, having a killer chase you for 5 gens is hardly the survivors fault who commits to that sort of chase. The unbalance There is the killer inability to control their ego.

You have to put things in perspective.

if there are no pallets or places to run loops, then the killers will win 4K every time, because there isn’t the option to play stealth. 4 together stand a chance 1:1 the killer always has the upper hand,  it the upper hand shouldn’t outweigh skilled players. 

This is not a hide and seek game, it’s about the chase and escape, a killer shouldn’t ever just find someone and be able to chase them down easily, there is no game there. 

Before anyone starts with the stealth perks they aren’t stealth, they are designed to assist escape.

if it were truly that hard on either side there wouldn’t be any higher ranks on either side.

only the chance should have balance not the PVP, killers are always PVP 1:1 not PVE.

lets get rid of crows and killer aura readings so they can’t see survivors or gens, and remove scratch marks and truly make it a hide and seek game, see how many killer get pissed then.

to be truly balanced killers would lose more than they gain
  • Lowbei
    fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:

lets do shots every time a survivor dcs
  • Paddy4583
    Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:

lets do shots every time a survivor dcs
    I don’t have enough alcohol for that
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Shut up Liver you can take it!