The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove body blocking from the game.

I disconnected because of a troll.

The guy was what I am doing

Comments

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

I always screw over traitors and cowards that don't help out their team. You gotta discourage that behavior in case they end up on your team in the future.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

A lot of killers are understanding and will let you go if they understand that you were betrayed. I would.

Mainly because they could be on your team later...

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

If someone does that to you in my match they're going down and you're free to go until we run into eachother again in a more fair situation, same for people that try to rat out people that are hiding or that are in lockers.

But at the same time I wouldn't mind if survivors (and killers perhaps) lost collision after remaining stationary or near stationary for a while. There's no situation where survivors would want to block eachother for 30+ seconds or something like that other than pure griefing, but I don't want bodyblocking removed as stuff like running around a loop with another survivor should be risky. And I also see no problem with bodyblocking to take hits from the killer. You trade a health state for whatever you're trying to do afterall.

For killers all I'm really looking to prevent is legitimate hostage-taking, so it'd be a longer timer. Like trapping the last/all remaining survivor(s) before EGC then going afk to force them to DC. Waiting out Borrowed Time and other actions that actually contribute towards ending the match I don't mind. Disable it once EGC is activated as well, as at that point the game will end.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited October 2019

Sometimes people do mess with other survivors for literally no reason.

When playing survivor I typically try to repair the mid generator at the start of the game to split all remaining generators up increasing the chances of survival even though it usually results in an early game chase for me.

There was that Dwight however who followed me and started vault-spamming the window next to me. I still commited to the generator.

During chases he tried to block pallets and stuff as well. Due to my experience with griefers I knew how to play around him but at 1 remaining generator neither he nor the other survivor did anything so I decided to just give up and repair a generator while injured against a Ghostface. Basically a free down.

After getting myself killed I watched the Dwight and realized he was trying to communicate with the killer by tbagging the hatch and pointing to the hook as in "hook me so the other survivor comes for the rescue. Then kill them and give me the hatch".

Luckily the Ghostface decided to just kill the other survivor AND the Dwight.

That Dwight was a devotion 3 player btw. I thought it was some kind of a newbie-troll. Kinda unexpected.

Long story short: SOME people really do bodyblock and stuff for absolutely no reason. I'm as useful as a teammate can be and I still run into (bad word) every now and then.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BearJaw
    BearJaw Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2019

I've had teammates bodyblock for literally no reason, or pallet slam me. Using cynicism to assume it never happens for no reason is a bit much, and I'll easily admit it doesn't happen often, definitely. Not enough to warrant removing it for sure.

Also a bit strange how you admit to doing something you can be reported for though I've never known what the punishment is for repeated abuse of a function. Granted, if you did it to scum bags, it's earned. If I see someone blocking a teammate though, I'll focus them before who they blocked, if it was obviously intentional. Never assume either way. However, a referee can only really call what he sees.

But if I'm bodyblocked? I just report and move on. It's frustrating but not really something to freak out over. Not fun sure and against the rules.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited October 2019

I'm a nea main and i can't count how many games i've only gotten points in boldness because i constantly run the killer away from other people going for selfish unsafe unhooks and such. Having bond really is a curse sometimes. That said I too will expose locker frauds when there are only 2 of us left and they just crawl from locker to locker waiting for me to get found and killed so they can hatch escape. Only time I ever do anything selfish as survivor, since they're just legitimately trying to sell me out at that point.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

In F13th that was a problem for a long time.

They implemented a "push" mechanic. You push the Counselor out of your way by walking forward, killed a lot of trolls.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Well, I'll give you that. Come to think of it I have had some people grief me for no real reason.

Anyway, I don't know what the story is with the OP here so I'll withhold judgement.

Just saying that there's an outpouring of killer hate for the bodyblocker here, but it's possible that the Meg was bodyblocking because the Nea was just hiding all game.

• Mochan

I think if you do it enough you'll be banned. I don't do it enough, maybe I've done it maybe 5 times my entire playtime of DBD. I've only done it to scum who either farm their teammates or just hide in corners the entire game letting their team die, and I only do it when I am in a particularly nasty mood (which isn't very often).

It's not something to praise but I think sometimes it's nice to get back at the scum who just aren't playing as a team.

• Mochan

Not saying all Nea mains are bad. But Nea has a reputation similar to Claudette and it didn't happen for no reason. As a person who started off with Dwight and has been using Bond for ages I can tell you over hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of matches that Neas and Claudettes are far more likely to crabwalk stealthily around the map and immerse than any other survivor.

Again, this is not an all-encompassing rule and I've also been with many Nea mains who saved my butt and looped the killer all game round. Just had a game like that last night where we finished 4 gens before the Nea went down. We all got out in that one.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

nah i mainly bring it up because i see that mentality far more than i ever do a toxic nea, which always confused me. Its like one or two toxic streamers pay(ed) her, so now everyone tunnels and sandbags her whenever they see her. it hurts bros :(

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Im just sayin. If I don't know, i'll be against the blocker.

• Mochan

Which is perfectly reasonable, because if you stumble upon the scene it looks like a murder scene with a guy holding a bloody knife in his hand. The guy with the knife being the body blocker!

A perfectly reasonable assumption. But prone to error, of course.

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

People talking about killers tunneling the survivors that are traitors but I've had a few games where i gave traitors the hatch because i kind of admire the sliminess, not always and never from a Nea or Claudette but occasionally.

Honestly i think the game would have been better if it stayed the way it started, no SWF all randoms. Because that would of lead to a culture of uneasiness towards each other at all times and the devs could have played around with that with new mechanics to betray each other. It would also basically stop all "gen rushing" which even if you're not toxic is impossible not to do as a SWF because what else are you gonna do lol

Anyway i like when they point out each other in lockers and #########, not this bs lol that's a hook

• UlvenDagoth
  • Mochan

It's unfortunate but the truth is online multiplayer games are, you know, best when played with friends. Going solo is fine but online multiplayer exploded in popularity because it's great way to play socially with your friends.

I still remember during my college days when I first started playing in LAN shops, before the advent of online. LAN Parties made everything so fun and amazing. There is nothing like playing with your friends.

• BearJaw
    BearJaw Member Posts: 56

On one hand, full disagree. Losing the option to play with friends would potentially irreparable harm the game. On the other hand, who better to screw over than your friends? I can see both sides, potentials and flaws alike.

I love the idea of a game where you might not be able to trust your supposed teammate but those games must be built around that playstyle. So, maybe, an entirely new game mode for DBD. Most likely will never happen, but theoretically if it did, it would need to be its own thing.

• UlvenDagoth
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited October 2019

Just sit still for crows. Let them get caught in their own bullshit.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956
    edited October 2019

crows should remove collision im sick of douchebags who do this

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What happens if the Killer decides they would rather just leave them there for last? It's not like the Killer is obligated to do anything about it.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

And that's why Moris exist.

-sits-

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94

I see this kind of players almost everyday, we have a lot of toxic people on console.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Man I was really looking forward to talking about when survivors body block the killer. Especially with bt or ds, but that would be another thread

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

If I see obvious sandbagging, I usually punish the sandbagger ruthlessly.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Video record and report. If they did that long enough to get crows I'm sure the devs will ban their ass.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

That is reportable/bannable. I will say I go for the sandbagger person, it is my instant way of punishment... Sadly, killers will choose to take advantage - if you were hurt, or go for you... but I like to think most will just purely go for the sandbagger, as I do.

I would say killer coming should hit them, but with dedicated servers, I have seen time and time again, the killer swings and it literally goes thru the person "body blocking" and hits the other person... I don't even know how that's possible.. but it has been happening.

• HeyZeus
    HeyZeus Member Posts: 14

Sorry that happened. Absolute toxic behavior. I think ppl just get bored and are looking for a laugh. Unfortunately it frustrates the rest of us. Good luck in the future bro.