We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do you think it's fair for the hatch to spawn with 5 gens?

Options
SebaOutbreak
SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

Just your everyday situation when a Killer completely obliterates a Survivor team and they can't get a single gen done. Three of them die and the last one just barely manages to escape through the hatch. So yeah, title: Do you think it's fair to give the last player the hatch even if their team couldn't do a single gen? Or do you think at least one gen should be popped for the hatch to spawn for the last player?

Do you think it's fair for the hatch to spawn with 5 gens? 72 votes

Yes, it's fair, give the last person an escaping chance.
55%
BossMister_xDzacmangamingFibijeanTheRealHansGruberJoelux1Spartagone45DarqPhoenixXpikselbrokedownpalaceInnCognitoBravo0413SpiderTashMicheal_MyersKnucklesAxX7891HoodiedJawsIsTheNextKillerCreeRoyaltyGrootDude 40 votes
No, it's unfair, they should do at least one gen or die trying.
44%
Techn0GibberishStevoDaddyTrappersGirlVolantConch1719RaptorrotaswhammigobambamPrincessPoopQwrtyMan213KathecruLirulinielNullSp3cRicardiBacardiShadowReaper11MysticAdvisorAwakeyDr_LoomisErshRaven014JokerIsLoki 32 votes

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

stands on the open Hatch as cloaked Wraith

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options

As it currently stands, with the killer emblems being as they are, no. Plus, why should they get a pity hatch when they couldn't even complete one gen, given how fast those things go.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2019
    Options

Off it's not fair, but it's the best thing we can ask for, instead of the hatch waiting game.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

gives some excitement & pressure for the killer too.

The match was easy after all, there should at least me soooommmme pressure.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    edited October 2019
    Options

Well, it gives Killers the chance to start the clock if someone is not doing anything and a 1v1 with killer and survivor is largely killer leaning. If the killer has whispers, you're basically found unless you can work your way around them.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

It's fair, but a killer should not lose out on a pip just because someone got the hatch. It encourages anti-fun slugging.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

without this feature, we'd get the good old "taking the game hostage" situation back.

the survivor can just hide forever until the killer DCs, so making hatch available is a good thing, even if its just so the killer can shut it and start the timer.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I still feel like at LEAST one gen should be done.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

One gen minimal to fight that no gen no problem mentality

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    Options

I remember someone in another thread suggested the gates being powered and EGC starts immediately when only the last Survivor remains. Like the old system you would need 2 gens completed for the hatch to even spawn, and as the survIvor still has a way out, and a time limit to do so, the game cannot be held hostage.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

This is my main reasoning for why they should at least complete 1 gen before hatch can open.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

I hate teammates who get rewarded for purposely doing nothing all game.

On the other hand though, it is necessary otherwise games would last forever.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,621
    Options

If there are no generators done I can think that there were someone who DC or potatoes who try to unhook themselves and die trying or if they are potatoes that they don't last more than two secs in a chase.

Why, if you're good you should be punished for having bad teammates?

I think the adept killer achievement should change as well. At least with a 3K instead of four.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited October 2019
    Options

You can actually get the adept killer achievement with just 3K. I did it with the Nurse, killed three of them but the last one escaped through the gates. I think that reaching 9 hooks is enough to get it, or at least you can be a Merciless Killer without 4K if you have enough hooks and did good during the trial.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,621
    Options

I should test it. Every adept that I have is with 4K so I don't know.