Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The flashlight exploit issue, and my suggestion to fix it

Leon
Leon Member Posts: 56
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

So many steam forum threads about an exploit that is produced using the flashlight will make every survivor dc and end the game, this is due to survivors macroing the flaslight clicks.

Anyways won't get into details about it, but my easy fix solution suggestion to avoid this is to make delay between the times survivors are able to use flashlight, make 2-3 secs half a sec or 1 sec delay between each use will fix the problem. Since flashlight are made to save players or used in different ways, and not for trolling purposes, this is the ultimate fix, it won't hurt survivors, but sure will fix the unfair exploit/glitch that it can produce.

Post edited by Leon on

Comments

• samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

no.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?
  • samirk98

@RemoveSWF said:
    Remove flashlights.

remove broken killers add on and that name tho lol

• samirk98

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

well not everyone likes to play serious you know

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    RemoveSWF said:

Remove flashlights.

I think you mean IMPROVE flashlights, and if a short delay will improve them, then I am all for it.  😊

Anyway as I said in another thread I expect to see an increase in flashlights after the DS adjustment. 
  • Leon

@Russ76 said:
    RemoveSWF said:

Remove flashlights.

I think you mean IMPROVE flashlights, and if a short delay will improve them, then I am all for it.  😊

Anyway as I said in another thread I expect to see an increase in flashlights after the DS adjustment. 

making a delay of 2-3 secs will disable the exploit completely, cause of right now the use/clicks of flashlights are insta reset and can be clicked infinitely.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

Exactly, I wouldn't want the removal of flashlight clicks or tbags and this is not because I use them on killers. It is a great feeling to tbag one of my survivor friends when a nurse uses mori.

Killers should give up caring about tbags or flashlight clickings. I play killer and those things don't bother me at all.

• samirk98

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

Well flashlight users get camped till they die so....

yes if they can catch and hook so

• samirk98

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

Believe me that like an obsession You become a high priority target for me

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

Believe me obsession or not i’m gonna make you sweat and mad before getting hooked and camped...

• samirk98
    Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

Believe me obsession or not i’m gonna make you sweat and mad before getting hooked and camped...

If i your the obsession if i kill you then i can just go about the rest of the game as normal. As long as you die i could careless how the rest of the game goes tbh.

I’m the juker guy so i run about 3-4 gens (depend how good the killer is) and believe me i don’t care about dying if my teammates ecape and t bag you at the exit gate
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Pretty sure op is referring to the exploit where the game assumes you used and unused your flashlight 1000 times in 1 second, crashing the game to the killer

• Leon

@Amanda55 @samirk98 can u guys not spam the thread, and be little more constructive, for all i know, no one cares who of u jukes or kills the other ingame, thx.

• Leon

@Thatbrownmonster yes that is what i am talking about, and suggested a fix that can fix it.

• samirk98

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:
    Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:

samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@Amanda55 said:

@samirk98 said:

@popoles said:

samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

If i your the obsession if i kill you then i can just go about the rest of the game as normal. As long as you die i could careless how the rest of the game goes tbh.

I’m the juker guy so i run about 3-4 gens (depend how good the killer is) and believe me i don’t care about dying if my teammates ecape and t bag you at the exit gate

Again that is totally fine as long as your dead :)
    @Leon said:
    @Amanda55 @samirk98 can u guys not spam the thread, and be little more constructive, for all i know, no one cares who of u jukes or kills the other ingame, thx.

OKAY MATE SORRY GOOD LUCK

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    And what about a delay about 0.2 sec? It won't trigger the exploit and you can still click.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@popoles said:
    samirk98 said:

no.

Care to elaborate?

He wants to keep clicking at the killer, thats why

• Leon

@popoles said:
    And what about a delay about 0.2 sec? It won't trigger the exploit and you can still click.

any delay works, but the more delay added the more responsible the actions will be for flashlight, and actually make it an item that needs timing correctly.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

The devs fixed it already

it's on the bugs section

• Leon

@Someissues said:
    The devs fixed it already

it's on the bugs section

it isn't fixed, one of the devs said they aren't familiar with what software that does it, like they didn't even hear about macroing or mouse clickers as simple software that does similar thing?

• Someissues
    edited July 2018

@Leon said:
    it isn't fixed, one of the devs said they aren't familiar with what software that does it, like they didn't even hear about macroing or mouse clickers as simple software that does similar thing?

Pretty sure they said they fixed it on the latest updates (On their version), read the latest response

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

2-3 seconds is a bit excessive, but any CD would be good. Even half a second.

• Leon

@Visionmaker said:
    2-3 seconds is a bit excessive, but any CD would be good. Even half a second.

since there are few people mentioning this point as well, edited my post to make it half a sec or 1 sec at least.

• Someissues

Yeah and she wrote

"just an update that we just got the fix and will be ready to be tested as soon as we can.
    We'll give you more info when it is done.

Thanks !"

I think she just needs to know what other software can do this , but they got the fix in which the software in question caused the issue in the first place

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIPRbcYqKI

Tru just posted a game where someone did this to him. Looks like it's pretty easy to do and very game breaking. Devs should get on this ASAP.

As far as limiting the clicks, I would say limit it only to a point where a human can just barely do it as fast as possible if they like, treat it like that Shy Guy wind-up game from Mario Party. 1 second is way WAY too long. More like, 10 frames, which is probably about the realm of human possibility.

People using their finger should be allowed to click as fast as they want. It's only when it gets this stupid that they need a limit to begin with.