Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are you ever going to address and FIX the bullshit hits? EVER?!

Dunno why I'm asking obviously you won't because you're ######### morons.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

uhm ok

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

As someone who plays both as and against huntress, I feel like her hitboxes do need some work. I have hatchets that seem to hit invisible walls, and I get hit by hatchets that seem like they curve around objects to hit me. Some of this is lag obviously. I have seen some hits that visibly don't connect by the doctor (i think they buffed his attack range/lunge but haven't implemented animations to fix it) Object collision is bullcrap imo, since this patch survivor hitboxes completely overshadow object collision so if the survivor is slightly away from a tree or wall and the killer swings at the object it will connect to the survivor, I think some of this is how wonkey killer auto aim is.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2018
    I definitely feel like this kind of thoughtful, well-articulated post will have the desired effect.  It's hard to ignore such a thorough examination of the problem and the possible paths to mitigation.  /s
  • Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

@wtfisgoingon said:
    Dunno why I'm asking obviously you won't because you're [BAD WORD] morons.

what bullshit hits?

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Don't encourage him.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018
    I'll just leave this here.

@wtfisgoingon said:

what bullshit hits?

He's probably referring to trading hits at the pallet.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

git gud
  • Beardedragon

@Visionmaker said:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqjo34

Beardedragon said:

@wtfisgoingon said:

what bullshit hits?

where survivors throw a pallet or vault it, while killer lunges at them and hits?

• Visionmaker

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@wtfisgoingon said:

what bullshit hits?

where survivors throw a pallet or vault it, while killer lunges at them and hits?

Yeah. I'm guessing he's referring to that.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Amanda55 said:

@wtfisgoingon said:

Cry some more. Salty survivor tears are amazing.

What are they even going on about?
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Lowbei said:

git gud
    Stop trolling
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@akbays35 said:
    As someone who plays both as and against huntress, I feel like her hitboxes do need some work. I have hatchets that seem to hit invisible walls, and I get hit by hatchets that seem like they curve around objects to hit me. Some of this is lag obviously. I have seen some hits that visibly don't connect by the doctor (i think they buffed his attack range/lunge but haven't implemented animations to fix it) Object collision is bullcrap imo, since this patch survivor hitboxes completely overshadow object collision so if the survivor is slightly away from a tree or wall and the killer swings at the object it will connect to the survivor, I think some of this is how wonkey killer auto aim is.

Hitboxes are okish now that they fixed the trucks.
    The main problems now are 360 hitbox and p2p

• Beardedragon

@Visionmaker said:
    Beardedragon said:

@Visionmaker said:

Beardedragon said:

@wtfisgoingon said:

what bullshit hits?

Yeah. I'm guessing he's referring to that.

well.. whats the problem with it? seems to be working as intended

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

So basically issues that are caused from their choice of networking - anotherwords peer to peer. Issues that will continue to occur as long as the killer is always a game state or two ahead of the survivor.

Welcome to Peer to Peer gaming.

• LvGamer34
    LvGamer34 Member Posts: 76

Well the BIGGEST issue is... P2P, it's the desync this game needs SERVERS BADLY..

• Visionmaker

@Beardedragon said:

Sometimes the hits look fishy. That's really it. I've seen it a few times in streams.. but I can't recall a specific instance of it happening to me, but I don't do risky pallet drops and don't record so idk. Maybe once in a while on sliding pallets as WhateverIGuess referred to.

Of course people are going to blame it all on lag, desync, P2P, or whatever, but good game design needs to take that into account. A clean hit that misses is just as bad as a clear miss that hits.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    For everyone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about, they’re talking about the messed up hitbox on Survivors.

There are times when the killers swing at you and misses but still manage to land a hit. I wish I could provide video evidence on this.. I’m pretty sure it’s happened to all of us though where the killer already swings, misses, but still manages to hit you by a milisecond.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    For everyone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about, they’re talking about the messed up hitbox on Survivors.

There are times when the killers swing at you and misses but still manage to land a hit. I wish I could provide video evidence on this.. I’m pretty sure it’s happened to all of us though where the killer already swings, misses, but still manages to hit you by a milisecond.
    nah
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@Visionmaker said:

@Beardedragon said:

Sometimes the hits look fishy. That's really it. I've seen it a few times in streams.. but I can't recall a specific instance of it happening to me, but I don't do risky pallet drops and don't record so idk. Maybe once in a while on sliding pallets as WhateverIGuess referred to.

Of course people are going to blame it all on lag, desync, P2P, or whatever, but good game design needs to take that into account. A clean hit that misses is just as bad as a clear miss that hits.

ive tried to hit people throwing pallets or vaulting windows/pallets what not where i thought: ######### why did i do that!

and then i hit him anyway and is like: the ######### just happened.

i guess it might be an internet issue? not sure. i dont think its an issue with the hitbox but yea, internet.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@Visionmaker said:

@Beardedragon said:

ive tried to hit people throwing pallets or vaulting windows/pallets what not where i thought: [BAD WORD] why did i do that!

and then i hit him anyway and is like: the [BAD WORD] just happened.

i guess it might be an internet issue? not sure. i dont think its an issue with the hitbox but yea, internet.

It’s an FPS issue. The devs are working on it now though!
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Some of it's fps, some of it's latency and some of is just bad hit boxes for both sides. The devs are working on it especially the phantom Billy hit/miss issue.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

A thought on the "trade" that happens at the pallet where the survivor is hit but the killer is stunned.

I do not want to go back to the days where I'm afraid to lunge a pallet again. Perhaps it can be worked that instead of getting stunned, my blow catches the pallet and breaks it with the normal miss cooldown time, but the survivor doesn't take the hit? Fair compromise?

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

i have a couple videos of it.  give me 30.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    here are two excellent examples.  this is virtually every game though.  dodging is useless.

https://youtu.be/pCc-O3WPLJw

https://youtu.be/qw9YRFPspuc
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

I would really like for OP to explain what he is calling a bullshit hit instead of needlesly insulting the dev because since I've been playing a long time I saw my fair share of people complaining that the killer had arm and could therefor it them from the other side of a window or the haddonfield spiked fence when they where hugging them.

• EpicFailTryHard
    i don't think latency is the problem when the swing is done to the left of the survivor and the dodge is to the right, yet somehow...the swing ends on the survivor.
  • Tsukirose31
    Tsukirose31 Member Posts: 53

I would really like for OP to explain what he is calling a bullshit hit instead of needlesly insulting the dev because since I've been playing a long time I saw my fair share of people complaining that the killer had arm and could therefor it them from the other side of a window or the haddonfield spiked fence when they where hugging them.

Dont agree with insulting part of what they did but I think it's more about, at least in my instance, the killer swings, hits say a window, you fall, and you are bodily behind the killer. I've had it happen to me.  I'm pretty sure the killer was just as confused as I was because he kinda stared at me for a moment lol.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    for the record, i am not a fan of insulting the devs.  they have been very good to us.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    hillbilly turns on a dime.

https://youtu.be/9GWr7_AkLJg
  • LvGamer34
    LvGamer34 Member Posts: 76

I don't think it's the hitboxes, it is lag.. P2P is trash for gaming like this..