Question about Benevolent emblem.

Options

As we all know, Survivors increase their Benevolent score by being good members of the team. You gain points for most actions that help other Survivors, and you lose points when you hook farm/let your team mate get hooked.

That’s all well and good, but there’s one thing that seems off.

I was browsing the wiki to check up on what actions grant what points for what Emblems, and I saw this.

This confuses me. Escaping the Killer’s grasp is a Survival thing, not an Altruism thing, and yet the one who does it gets 30 Benevolent points. Shouldn’t it be so that Survivors who rescue another from the Killer get the 30 points?

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    The reason that "Escaping the Killer's Grasp" gives benevolence points is likely to due to how you can break free. Sure you can Decisive Strike or wiggle free but more often than not your team is what will help you get free. Since teammates can body block, sabotage hooks, or blind the killer this shows that a grasp escape will more often than not be a team effort.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@Peasant said:
    The reason that "Escaping the Killer's Grasp" gives benevolence points is likely to due to how you can break free. Sure you can Decisive Strike or wiggle free but more often than not your team is what will help you get free. Since teammates can body block, sabotage hooks, or blind the killer this shows that a grasp escape will more often than not be a team effort.

That still makes no sense. You weren’t the one being altruistic and helpful. Your team was. Why should you and only you get the points when your team helped you more than you helped yourself?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Eh, maybe the devs feel that you escaping acts as a distraction which helps your team?
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Eh, maybe the devs feel that you escaping acts as a distraction which helps your team?

Dev Logic

What’s next, Benevolence for getting downed?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

A reason ?
    Because reasons. Who needs reasons to throw free stuff to survivors.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Runiver said:
    A reason ?
    Because reasons. Who needs reasons to throw free stuff to survivors.

I asked for answers, my g. Not toxicity.

Luckily I already got the former.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Just cause. Like the "distraction" could work.