Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Let's try something new for a change!

MegaWaffle
MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Let's see how many positive things we can say about the whole Dead by Daylight experience and shy away from all this negativity for a change.

I personally love the random matches you get where survivors get really immersed or where Killers play around before trying to kill you. It's the fun little nuggets of gold buried in this game that keep me interested.

I also enjoy playing a jump-scare Myers build and getting true terrified reactions from survivors. Often there are some fun after game messages too.

Lets hear what you guys/girls have to add. :)

Comments

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited July 2018

i like to camp people when i hook my first guy at 2 generators left.
    then i get flamed afterwards, which i dont like.

then i report people, and become happy again.

i also get happy when i play against survivors that tries to break line of sight rather than jump through endless loops.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Though the game has it's problems, I love the experience. Playing as a solo survivor keeps things intense and challenging for the most part, and I love all the options to adjust perks, items, and add-ons. The variety of killers to go up against keeps things interesting as well. As a killer, I love how different they play. They're all unique and I love the original designs they came up with for both survivors and killers. I also like the lore they put into the game. It's nothing masterful, but it adds more of an interesting atmosphere to the game. And I love those games that feel like they're a challenge, but not hopeless to one side or the other. Where both the survivors and the killers are giving each other a run for their money.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    I played solo surv they other day and was up against a hag, but didnt know it.  I kept hearing her TR, while on a gen but never saw her and spine chill kept flashing but never stayed solid.   I finish the gen and UE away to a nearby pallet with good cover and still nothing....

So I let go of crouch for a second and BAM!   Hag trap at the pallet. I literally chucked my mouse.  Best jump scare so far in the game.
  • MegaWaffle

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    Though the game has it's problems, I love the experience. Playing as a solo survivor keeps things intense and challenging for the most part, and I love all the options to adjust perks, items, and add-ons. The variety of killers to go up against keeps things interesting as well. As a killer, I love how different they play. They're all unique and I love the original designs they came up with for both survivors and killers. I also like the lore they put into the game. It's nothing masterful, but it adds more of an interesting atmosphere to the game. And I love those games that feel like they're a challenge, but not hopeless to one side or the other. Where both the survivors and the killers are giving each other a run for their money.

I'd love to see some cool comics or movie shorts for all the killers. I think it could be a fun little project for someone far more talented than I to do. :)

• MegaWaffle

@Baphomett said:
    I played solo surv they other day and was up against a hag, but didnt know it.  I kept hearing her TR, while on a gen but never saw her and spine chill kept flashing but never stayed solid.   I finish the gen and UE away to a nearby pallet with good cover and still nothing....

So I let go of crouch for a second and BAM!   Hag trap at the pallet. I literally chucked my mouse.  Best jump scare so far in the game.

Truly the best moments in this game.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

I love how they soon will remove SWF groups!
    Just kidding!
    It's a joke everyone, it's a joke...

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Hitting Great Skill Checks.
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited July 2018

@MegaWaffle said:
    Let's see how many positive things we can say about the whole Dead by Daylight experience and shy away from all this negativity for a change.

I've yet to see a single game on the market match the atmosphere this game has. The art team for this game does an amazing job. The killer designs in particular for this game are top notch.

@Khalednazari said:
    I don't why people say they don't feel scared anymore,
    It does scare me most of the times, like whenever I hear a chainsaw revving up, or when a killer like myers or pig catches me off guard, and especially when I'm the last guy remaining, which happens most of the times with me since I hardly go SWF. So yeah, I love this game and it does give me a heart-attack sometimes. 

After playing a game for at least 20 hours and understanding how the game mechanics work I can't see how anyone would be scared. It's more so players become desensitized to the game. For example the first time I've played Dead Space that game made me jump a lot and I was nervous to go around a corner as I didn't know what was going to happen. By the time I'd gotten to my 50th playthrough of the game I pretty much knew every possible scenario that would happen.

Although personally The Shape does get an occasional scare out of me.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@MegaWaffle said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

I'd love to see some cool comics or movie shorts for all the killers. I think it could be a fun little project for someone far more talented than I to do. :)

Yeah, that would be pretty neat. I think it'd be cool if some of the artists in the dev team had the time to make short comics, visualizing the past of some the survivors and killers.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Dustin said

@Khalednazari said:
    It does scare me most of the times, like whenever I hear a chainsaw revving up, or when a killer like myers or pig catches me off guard, and especially when I'm the last guy remaining, which happens most of the times with me since I hardly go SWF. So yeah, I love this game and it does give me a heart-attack sometimes. 

After playing a game for at least 20 hours and understanding how the game mechanics work I can't see how anyone would be scared. It's more so players become desensitized to the game. For example the first time I've played Dead Space that game made me jump a lot and I was nervous to go around a corner as I didn't know what was going to happen. By the time I'd gotten to my 50th playthrough of the game I pretty much knew every possible scenario that would happen.

Only the cheap scares are scary to me now. Jump scare Myers, Hag, and Pig really. People always whine about how the game isn't scary for survivors anymore, but they can't seem to recall a scary movie that remained scary after watching it for thousands of hours in a row. 🙄

If there's a horror game that is still fresh after the hundredth play through, I'm sure it'd eclipse DBD by now.
  • MegaWaffle

@Visionmaker said:
    Dustin said

@Khalednazari said:

Only the cheap scares are scary to me now. Jump scare Myers, Hag, and Pig really. People always whine about how the game isn't scary for survivors anymore, but they can't seem to recall a scary movie that remained scary after watching it for thousands of hours in a row. 🙄

If there's a horror game that is still fresh after the hundredth play through, I'm sure it'd eclipse DBD by now.

It doesn't matter how many times you watch the Star Wars Christmas special it will always remain scary.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited July 2018

I like going against 4 man swf that all dress the same especially Pizza Dwights. Sadly i have yet to have the privilege to mori shirtless Davids. I am an optimist so fingers crossed!

Post edited by fcc2014 on
  • MegaWaffle

@fcc2014 said:
    I like going against 4 man swf that all dress the same especially Pizza Dwights. Sadly i have yet to have the privilege to mori shirtless Davids. I am an optimist so fingers crossed!

Instead of strangling a shirtless David the Nurse just puts a finger to his lips, whispers "shhh" and slowly rubs his chest. It was a great Mori change.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    I love the mysteries of the journal entries, the authors of them and how we have the opportunity to speculate who and what the entity looks like.
  • MegaWaffle

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    I love the mysteries of the journal entries, the authors of them and how we have the opportunity to speculate who and what the entity looks like.

A very long time ago the Devs released a link to the song from which they drew their inspiration for the Entity. You still only see the "spider" esq legs but the lyrics give more insight to its appearance.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    I like Dead by Daylight
  • MegaWaffle

@Lowbei said:
    I like Dead by Daylight

After reading so many posts I was worried I was the only one. :p

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Honestly it’s rare and random but I like when you can have a conversation (after the match) with either a fellow survivor (or a survivor you’re up against) and or killer and you guys joke around or give each other advice/compliments it’s nice! Especially on this forum some of the people are pretty cool and understanding of one another (emphasis on some)
  • MegaWaffle

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    Honestly it’s rare and random but I like when you can have a conversation (after the match) with either a fellow survivor (or a survivor you’re up against) and or killer and you guys joke around or give each other advice/compliments it’s nice! Especially on this forum some of the people are pretty cool and understanding of one another (emphasis on some)

Honestly if you don't take everyones anger at face value most people just want the game to be fun. There are hugely different opinions on what that means to people but at the end of the day its just passion and frustration towards a game we all love.