We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should the battle pass have some rewards for some levels as secret?

Options
AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
edited October 2019 in Polls

I think the mystery as to what you will get adds surprise and a level of optimism that you could get something amazing.

You don't get that knowing exactly what you are going to unlock at every level. It's just nice for it not to be unveiled at the beginning.

Also what do you think about being rewarded a random outfit you haven't yet bought on completing all challenges in the rift.

Not lootboxes, I just want to hide my rewards until I unlock them.

Should the battle pass have some rewards for some levels as secret? 12 votes

I prefer rewards to be secret until I earn them but I disagree with the free random outfit when completing all rift challenges
16%
NullSp3cfluffymareep 2 votes
I like knowing what I'm about to unlock but I disagree with the free outfit on completion of rift challenges
50%
twistedmonkeyFibijeanPeasantPfefferooneyMiriamGSpacingLlamas 6 votes
Prefer rewards secret but approve of free random outfit when all rift challenges are completed
8%
AshleyWB 1 vote
I like knowing what I'm about to unlock and I approve of a free random outfit on completion of rift challenges.
25%
Ark_the_BonsaiGibberishMookywolf 3 votes
Post edited by AshleyWB on

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I like knowing what I'm about to unlock but I disagree with the free outfit on completion of rift challenges

Both the secret rewards and the random outfit are just one small step away from full-blown loot boxes. No, thank you. If I'm going to put my time and/or money into something, I'd like to know what I'm putting it into.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited October 2019
    Options

@AshleyWB Slow down there, as @Fibijean stated your "mystery as to what you will get " is pretty much a loot box. By the way, if you haven't been following the news lately the United Kingdom has suddenly got a lot of legislation against lootboxes going through parliament. The European Union is starting to follow suit in Belgium while in the United States Congress the issue is a new bill that has bi-partisan support.

So while you might like "surprise mechanics" I sure as shoot don't with the 1000 cell price tag and with all of the legal stuff happening now it might create legal issues for BHVR if they brought in "Surpise Mechanics".

• AshleyWB
    Options
    Prefer rewards secret but approve of free random outfit when all rift challenges are completed

I mean when you get to that specific tier you'll know what you get. I just dislike how it's 100% transparent. There are tiers where you get nothing I would just feel inclined to get to them if I didn't know what the reward was for it.

I don't think it's very lootboxy because of the amount of stuff you get. I'm not talking about the rewards already in the pass just that I prefer some tiers with elements of mystery about them.

I think it would be a nice idea but as you said any similarly to lootboxes is frowned upon, I think mystery and random are two completely different things. I just want the option to not know what I will unlock as I level up.

• AshleyWB
    Options

Also if lootboxes weren't predatory and deceptive then they would be fine. I don't like them too much because they are 99.9% trashy. My suggestion isn't saying "let's make every reward random for everyone" I just want to censor what I get. The prizes should be fixed (not changing) that's only right.

I don't know if you get anything for completing all the rift challenges, I want something rather than nothing for all the time and effort.

• AshleyWB
    Options

Again for clarification I want an option to hide rewards for myself only until I unlock them. The comparison of that to lootboxes is irrelevant because I'm not advocating buying random crates of random stuff which has no surprise whatsoever because you always get trash.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options
    I prefer rewards to be secret until I earn them but I disagree with the free random outfit when completing all rift challenges

I voted for the wrong thing. I meant to go blue. owo