Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

[Console] Isolate 'Item Pick Up' Hotkey

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Right now, on Xbox One, Pick Up Item Interactions is defaulted to Right Bumper and Actions is defaulted to Right Bumper.

I was running from the killer and went to drop a pallet. Instead, I ended up picking up the item that was on the ground in front of the pallet (ended badly).

I went into Controls to change the keybind for Pick Up Item Interactions to (X), but in the following match the game asked me to hold down (X) to repair the generator instead of Right Bumper. This is not what I expected to happen, and made maneuvering the camera while repairing difficult.

What does repairing generators have to do with picking up items? Could they please be separated, or have Repair tied to the Actions hotkey?

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    I've had similar issues to this. It sucks.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'd say Git Gud but I've also suffered from this... :(

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    The worst part is when you’re carrying an item and a person is on a hook but there’s an item below them and your character picks up the item instead of getting the guy off the hook (rip ace you will be missed)