We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is the new base Nurse viable on the highest level?

Options
FriendlyGuy
FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Is the new base Nurse viable on the highest level? 54 votes

Yes
66%
myers_obsessionJetTheWaffleCatJoelux1MiniPixelsdanielbird11AkhatenNoFaceDeadByMemelightse05239anarchy753TheGorgonAven_FallenAxX7891HoodiedAzurlynxNuclearBurritothen4321MedicSpirit7Pharaoh211WhattheHeck 36 votes
No
14%
DustinGibberishdoitagain_monkapleasedontbetoxic117FriendlyGuyTunnelVisionEndstille 8 votes
with certain addons, sure
18%
KarltastiskarslaNRaptorrotasDelsKibaralunaticlifterCrowFoxyABannedCatkermit_snacc_chokeShadowRainTangero 10 votes

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options
    Yes

She still avoids the survivors main source of defense: Pallets. A good Nurse will have no issue because you're still easily working around the survivors main defenses and what they can do to lose line-of-sight with you.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,956
    Options

You don't use pallets against a Nurse you use the whole map. To say Nurse is strong simply because she can blink through pallets is a naive way thinking.

We have to see if the Devs go through with the PTB changes to answer your question OP. Against Normal skill survivors she will still be a threat. Against good survivors with actual skill she will at least need the cool down reducing addons.

• FriendlyGuy
    Options
    No

You're right about the counterplay. I just want to know how other people think about it.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Yes

Nurse mains who weren't carried by mega blinks will do just as fine as before.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Yes

Nothing wrong with base Nurse's kit. While she could bypass the standard defenses survivors have, LoS is her biggest vulnerability. Once you break it, it's a guessing game. Just need to learn how to beat her in a different fashion than the other killers.

I still don't see why they needed to touch it. But a learning lesson. 'Slight tweak' means something completely different to the devs than us plebs.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options
    Yes

I will say yes only because majority of survivors aren't really that optimal even in red ranks. But against a really good group of survivors, I think she might add-ons.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

On many maps the cooldown won't change much, but on larger maps it will hurt her mobility alot. Also maps that have alot of LOS blockers, where blinking is needed to scout for survivor, she will get seriously hurt, because of her slow base movement speed.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options
    Yes

Yes. Viable means able to be played and performs well, not "flawless in every situation and unbeatable in the right hands."

She's still more than viable.

• FriendlyGuy
    Options
    No

Viable means having the same skillcap as survivors.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382
    Options

Remains to be seen.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,206
    Options

Well they nerfed both her minimum and maximum performance.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    No

I doubt it.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 438
    Options
    Yes

I don't see her status changing. She's still a very powerful killer.

Maybe a liiiiitle less powerful, but still effective nonetheless.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    Yes

She is the same killer pretty much but without OMEGA blink

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
    Yes

Yes.

The high skill Nurses won't really be that limited by the change.

The real nerf was to medium to low skill Nurses who just went from bad to worse.