We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Self Care VS Pharmacy

Options
StarMoral
StarMoral Member Posts: 938

So I've been running Self Care for a while now, and I wonder what Pharmacy is like in comparison.

While I would really love the heal speed Pharmacy boxes give, I usually dont go out of my way to search boxes.

Which do you prefer?

Self Care VS Pharmacy 38 votes

Self Care
31%
BossGibberishdanielbird11Rex_HuinKnucklesMedicSpirit7Pennosuke[Deleted User]Rin_is_my_waifu909ohmysimpforfelix 12 votes
Pharmacy
68%
White_OwlArk_the_BonsaiStevoRattmanPigNRunJetTheWaffleCatHeroLivesJoelux1WaffleFalafelAzurlynxCyberianFauxJiggleWigglekermit_snacc_chokeErshRydogjasonq500Ninjaarman721Creepingcam1070danut1311Toxicboii 26 votes

Comments

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 438
    Options
    Pharmacy

I wish I had gone for Pharmacy instead of Self Care. Heals are sped up with Pharmacy. Self care however... Just isn't.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Pharmacy

The upcoming medkit changes made run a combination of pharmacy and ace in the hole, its faster then selfcare so I prefer that. Also im super curious about chests and add-ons :)

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 299
    Options

Neither . Honestly if you want strong heal run Botany + Medkit .

• Ninjaarman721
    Ninjaarman721 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Pharmacy

pharmacy+bottany,i hate this upcoming emergency medkit change as its going to make you able for only 1 full,and irather have 24 charges because 16 is too low even with bottany

• StarMoral
    Options

So... Pharmacy so I'n able to get that medkit consistently?

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 299
    Options

If you want to farm them yes , if you want good consistent heal no

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Plunder instinct (+ that Ace's perk), way better and funnier to use.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

Inner Strength ;)

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Pharmacy

I would say, despite the upcoming changes to medkits being a(n) (unnecessary) nerf to the perk, Pharmacy is still better than SC.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Neither

• StarMoral
    Options

Only Instaheals were nerfed, Medkits themselves were actually buffed to heal 25% faster

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,943
    Options

Heal yourself on demand at any time

OR

Waste time searching for a chest hoping your teammates don't claim them first, and then heal yourself.

The "Self-care bad" meme has gone for way too long.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Pharmacy

They increased healing speed (which is honestly extremely minor), but reduced the charges. It will only allow a single heal. Current Emergency Medkits allow potentially two heals. So, we went from 2 medium speed heals to 1 fast heal. Thats a flat nerf.

• StarMoral
    Options

That's what I personally think, since I even said that I dont really search boxes. Plus, it onky gaurentees ONE medkit.

• CyberianFaux
    CyberianFaux Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Pharmacy

Just run "Inner Strength" instead if you own Nancy. Totems are extremely easy to find and you should be cleansing them anyway to prevent NOED giving the killer a runaway game for not doing so. "Inner Strength" is the only viable heal yourself perk and the only one that can justify a perk slot at high ranks imo. Terrible teammates can skew this a bit but still you shouldn't rely on healing yourself as it hurts your teams emblems, points, time to escape, and potentially perks if they have "We'll Make It", "Botany Knowledge", "Autodidact" (thought this should never be used either), etc.

• CyberianFaux
    CyberianFaux Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Pharmacy

Forgot to say, Pharmacy is better especially with the speed buffs it is receiving if you also run botany knowledge and/or ace in the hole. You shouldn't have to heal yourself more than once or twice anyway even with perks like the ones mentioned in this topic.

• danielbird11
    danielbird11 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Self Care

Self care cause you get infinite charges so its good for solo survivors witch i am.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    Pharmacy

Between these two, Pharmacy for sure.

But the real answer is Bond, and Inner Strength would be second.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Self Care

I like both, but i like being able to be healed without needing an Item or other Survs.