We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are you a survivor or killer main?

Options
fluffymareep
fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
edited October 2019 in Polls

What would you consider yourself and what are your reasons? I would consider myself mostly a survivor main since I SWF and play solo Survivor a lot, but I enjoy playing Killer, too, and prefer it often due to the points you can get while playing Killer.

Are you a survivor or killer main? 67 votes

Survivor Main
8%
GibberishFibijeanJoannaVOdanielbird11CJsDBDGrootDude 6 votes
Mostly Survivor Main
26%
RizzoStevoarslaNRainbowPatooiese05239Dolphin9192KnucklesAven_FallenAxX7891antgnsteaMert_MKAzurlynxBoosted_DwightMedicSpirit7AngryFluffyfluffymareepDarootLeafstormRatedRCriddler 18 votes
Plays Both Equally
31%
MandyWhite_OwlArk_the_BonsaiRattmanTohmoNickI_am_NeganTragicSolitudeDelsKibarathen4321sensualsatandfrenchieePigsterPennosukeohheyitsbobcatCarlosylujasonq5008obot1cfly_172anonymous31337 21 votes
Mostly Killer Main
29%
BossCL4P_TRAP_ERAcesthetiicPluSblitcherBunnyTheHuttOMagic_ManONuclearBurritoBenZ0ABannedCatBigbootiejudy666StarMoralWhattheHeckRicardiBacardiMegaguardainAhoyWolfRaven014Starbricks19Ka1ro[Deleted User] 20 votes
Killer Main
2%
MonlythFrodoWillis 2 votes

Comments

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 977
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Killer Main

I play Killer almost exclusively. Survivor gameplay sounds fun in theory, but in practice, there are far too many quick time events for my liking. Which is to say, more than zero.

And yes, I know I could play as a distraction and spend most of the match being chased by the killer instead, but even then, most killers are no fools. They'll give up eventually if they can't catch you. Then I have to go back to doing quick time events to try and get their attention.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

I play both about equally, going through spurts where I might play one role more than the other, which is usually dependent on queue times more than my mood.

• fluffymareep
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

Oh, you mean the M1 simulator portion? haha I understand not liking that. I think my favorite parts are the killer interactions and the teammate interactions.

• fluffymareep
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

Are you on console or PC? Queue times are pretty awful for me on both killer and survivor atm. I'm not sure if it's bugged or if it's a rank/location issue. I get it depending on queue time. c:

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

If you count by playtime, I guess I'd be a Survivor Main but I honestly see myself more as a Killer main. Cannot handle the stress and frustration too well.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

Console. I play on PS4. The queue times can be all over the place. They often vary depending on the time of day, with sometimes survivor being quicker and sometimes killer being quicker.

• fluffymareep
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

A lot of times when I'm playing, it's during breaks and I'm being dragged in with some friends. I think that's the biggest reason I'd consider myself a Survivor main since I kinda play socially and goof off with friends while playing. I can understand certain things making you stressed out or frustrated. I quite like how thrilling and active killer is. I like messing around and while toxic survivors are annoying, the wholesome ones are adorable and cool to come across. Same could be said for killers, too.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,634
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

I used to play killer a lot more but as of recent I've been playing both pretty evenly.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

I play survivor 60% of the time :P

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

It's like 60% Killer and 40% Survivor.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

I play both, but I prefer killer. I think it takes more skill, but I know there are things like (perfect looping) that I'm not good at as survivor.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Survivor Main

I play survivor almost exclusively, the main reason being that when I play the game it's almost always with friends. If I played by myself more often (as used to be the case back when I was so into DBD that I couldn't get enough of it) I would probably play more a mix of the two, because I don't have anything really against playing killer, it's more a matter of circumstance than anything else.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

The person that mains survivor has a survivor icon and the person that mains killer has a killer icon lol.

But my opinions. If you play the game you should play both for the experience :)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

Killer main. If Solo que was more reliable then I would play survivor more, but rando's can ruin fun in a matter of 2 games xD.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

I play both equally, although I haven't been doing a good job of that seeing as my Survivor rank is below my Killer rank ^^;

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,186
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

Enjoying Survivor more, playing 60% Survivor, 40% Killer, most of the time.

• FrodoWillis
    FrodoWillis Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Killer Main

Killer-dont have to deal with "teammates" who bring items but still searching the chest(even tho you have "ace in the hole"and"Plunderer's Instinct"but they need those points.)

Or with "reammates" who drop pallet because they heard heart beat.

And who also tries to insta unhook a guy in front of a killer.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

I tend to have the same rank on both, if I get to 7 in killer I change to survivor till I get to 7

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Plays Both Equally

I would like to play survivor more, but ever since dedicated servers, my queue wait times for survivor are around 6-10 min day and night.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options
    Survivor Main

Survivor. Can't deal with the stress playing killer brings.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

I play both as equally as I can, but I'm way better with killer than I am survivor.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

Nice. An even bell curve.

• RatedRCriddler
    RatedRCriddler Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

I usually play with a friend so I play survivor a lot more. I enjoy playing both and try to get killer games in whenever I can.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    Mostly Killer Main

I used to play both sides equally, but got more and more into killer over the time. Survivor gameplay is just boring outside of chases.

• fluffymareep
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

There's honestly more control with killer, too. While there's still variables you have to attest with while playing killer, you don't have to deal with mouth breathing teammates who really want to kill the team off or who really don't want to do anything.

It's funny how all other groups are kinda random, though.

That's understandable. A lot of time when I play solo, I do my best to not get caught since my first hook is typically death hook (and not because the killer's camping).

Or teammates who block you while you're trying to get away from the killer during a chase lol. I get that, though.

I saw someone else do a poll a while back, but they only had "killer" or "survivor." I thought that could be missing some people who main both or only sometimes play the other side.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Survivor Main

100% survivor main lately

• fluffymareep
    Options
    Mostly Survivor Main

'Cause of wait time? I believe I remember you to be 50/50.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Survivor Main

I was but I find killer boring nowadays