We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How do YOU feel about borrowed time.

Options
joshuashep22
joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236

Ahh yes the good old borrowed time an undoubtedly strong perk that got the sledgehammer nerf so tell me how do you feel about borrowed time

How do YOU feel about borrowed time. 107 votes

Still op pls nerf
3%
GibberishxEaRicardiBacardiundeadcookie 4 votes
Needs some tweaking
9%
SnapshotPluAshleyWBBenZ0KeezoErshRaven014LushyBunnyFallinghipposSinisterDog 10 votes
Great perk
51%
MandyBossDwight_FairfieldArk_the_BonsaikodiakyCrtKazzPeasantJetTheWaffleCatSpartagone45MuteNewtMegaWaffleAkhatenarslaNbrokedownpalaceDolphin9192DreamnomadTragicSolitudeDrazenCJsDBDMert_MK 55 votes
It's ok
14%
FibijeanCL4P_TRAP_ERJacoby2041Micheal_MyersHoodiedpootis_BearAzurlynxRullisiAngryFluffyAwakeyfluffymareepCarlosyluanonymous31337Yung_SlugZackAndCodyNi7rogen 16 votes
Not my style
4%
not_Queenthrawn3054JawsIsTheNextKillerGrootDudeTheRoyalOwl 5 votes
It needs a buff
4%
AokiiSenpaiiRyuuHou35humanbeing1704siyke26PGJSF 5 votes
It needs a rework
0%
Can we have old borrowed time back?
9%
PigNRunSpacingLlamasFactureKnucklesPandiferpleasedontbetoxic117SmokeyRetroClaudettesUncleLeyoyoCookieMan 10 votes
Leave it to rot like mettle of man
1%
JasonsfarTheGhostFaceMain 2 votes

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,247
    Options
    Great perk

I don't know how you can have a real problem with BT. For Survivors, it's a good perk and for Killers it isn't oppressive.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,617
    Options
    Great perk

It does what it is supposed to do. No problem. No changes needed.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,721
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Great perk

Personally I think its an essential for survivors. Very rarely do I have a match where I don't need it. Great perk.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options
    Great perk

It's a good perk, but it's actually a horrible perk because it underscores fundamental design flaw problems with the game.

A perk like BT should be baseline across the entire game, because camping and tunneling should be discouraged as much as possible.

• Pulsar
    Options
    Great perk

Camping and tunneling is the exact same as gen rush. Just Killers being efficient as possible, nothing wrong with that.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    Needs some tweaking

I think it should probably be base kit but on a weaker level. As a solo player getting unhooked in the killers face and being immediately downed seems unfair and annoying.

Borrowed time is too risk free imo, the deep wound bar never expires and it's so easy to mend to normal.

I think it should get a slight nerf or solo players should take a little more use from it.

• itsmetimohthy
    itsmetimohthy Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Great perk

Gen rushing doesn’t exist. If gens are getting completed too quickly then the killer isn’t being efficient enough with ending chases fast. Gen rush was a term created by bad killers who would rather blame the one objective survivors have in a trial instead of looking inward and figuring out how to be better. I am a killer main by the way.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Not my style

Never used it.

• Pulsar
    Options
    Great perk

Incorrect. When a Killer is legitimately unable to apply enough pressure, i.e. Wraith, it is a massive problem. Survivors trying to get out of the trial as fast as possible is simply a smart play. The longer the match goes on, the stronger a Killer gets.

Tunneling is the exact same thing, it is a Killer trying to be efficient.

Also, saying, "Killer main btw" doesn't help you.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Great perk

It is a great perk but I sometimes think it should affect the person who has it equipped instead of the person rescuing. I think it would reduce farming.

• itsmetimohthy
    Options
    Great perk

...sigh

Okay brother, whatever you need to believe. I guess survivors just shouldn’t touch gens.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Can we have old borrowed time back?

Horrible perk design-wise. Encourages unsafe unhooks, braindead plays and selfish gameplay. As for its power, its fine. My only wish is that it reverted to pre-Deep-Wounds version. Basically what Freddy has going for him now, should be available for all other Killers as well.

• Pulsar
    Options
    Great perk

Did I say I thought it was bad? No. I did not.

In fact, I said it was a smart play. Don't be a fool.

• itsmetimohthy
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Great perk

Ah, so the name calling begins. Yeah, I’m done. Good luck brother, hope those pesky survivors stop doing gens so you can 4K every game.

• Pulsar
    Options
    Great perk

Congratulations. You lost the debate by presenting no arguments, feel free to leave.

See you around.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
    Great perk

There are multiple videos on the internet right now that show how potent gen rushing is. It is impossible to stop it on some killers and incredibly difficult on others. While this won't be a common issue in most of your games it can be polarizing when it happens.

Now I won't blame survivors for rushing gens because that is currently their main objective but 1 killer cannot pressure 4 survivors as easily as people claim. If the killer is ending chases quickly then the survivor they are chasing is most likely a lower skilled player than the killer chasing them.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Great perk

While there is some merit to what you say, it's not a complete equivalence, because camping and tunneling especially deny a player the opportunity to play. Genrushing doesn't deny anyone anything (except the killer getting 4K's maybe). Killer still gets to play, even if he loses.

The fact that genrushing can be done in this game is frankly also a problem. I imagine that the game was originally envisioned by BHVR to not play as a genrushing game but as a sort of atmospheric creep around and try to finish the gens game, not one where everyone is run and gun kill and gen rushing.

I don't know about you, but I don't find 5-minute games enjoyable. Either as killer or survivor.

• Pulsar
    Options
    Great perk

I agree completely.

I would greatly enjoy seeing both removed.

• Ni7rogen
    Ni7rogen Member Posts: 80
    Options
    It's ok

Borrowed Time is pretty cool! I don't use it because I haven't level up Bill yet.

I found some usefulness when the killer decides to tunnel you and you can't reach a locker to use DS.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,731
    Options
    It needs a buff

eh I meant to put another option but the perk doesn't help me I wish it was still like old old borrowed time

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options
    Great perk

Great perk... But...

Laughs in Ghostface

It sure does annoy survivors when the killer has no TR to trigger Borrowed

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options
    Not my style

I don't really see why I would use it in a regular build, as I don't see the need to save from camping killer. Just let them have their kill.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Great perk

I pretty much always run BT. It's really great for risky end game saves. I get really annoyed at how often other survivors come in without BT and don't even bother to take the aggro, getting me and other survivors killed.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Great perk

I think it's fantastic cause it doesn't trigger on me at all.

*is cloaked*

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Needs some tweaking

With some killers, it's less useful, but I think that's due to them having Undetectable on them.

However, on killers like trapper or Bubba, they really suffer from survivors that know how to use them... except if they run into a trap, which is unlikely.

I think the concept is good, it just needs some minor tweaks. I think 15 seconds is a bit too long, since survivors that have borrowed time are very obvious about that they have the endurance effect.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options
    Great perk

A perk i can't play without, because of how common camping and tunneling is.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    It's ok

Balanced imo

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options
    Not my style

I prefer survivors to use perks that are rubbish.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    It's ok

I'm pretty much indifferent.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369
    Options
    It needs a buff

As killer main I still don’t tolerate how Oblivious survivors don’t get the BT to process. They can’t hear the TR but TR IS THERE.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 452
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Needs some tweaking

As long as survs complain about NOED rewarding bad play, i will say the same about BT. Makes unsafe hooking 100% better than safe unhooking. Killer's best option when someone is unhooked in their face is too down one of them then chase the other, with BT, this is no longer an option. BT still makes the surv mend, but doesn't force another surv to come help.