The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How Would You Buff Weaker Killers?

Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

If you got the chance to change some of the weaker Killers, how would you do it?

Comments

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214

I'd make Wraith able to walk through walls when cloaked.

Hire me BHVR

• Pulsar

I've thought about that, it'd fit into his ghostly theme.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214

It's been tossed around. It's something I'd like to see poor Philip have.

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

Add any addon that seems required to play the killer to their base kit.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Clown : add Flask of Bleach in his base kit, decrease his reload time, 5 bottles base kit and maybe make his gas to force slow vaults on pallets too ( but that might be a little too powerful, so not sure ). Or flat out rework him.

Legion : increase Frenzy speed and vault speed, rework Deep Wounds to be actually a threat for survivors and rework his add-ons. Or flat out rework him.

Trapper : he starts the match with all his traps as base kit and survivors can't Dead Hard over his traps anymore.

Cannibal : buff his base chainsaw speed and charge time and rework his add-ons. Or flat out rework him.

Wraith : add green Windstorm in his base kit and make him less visible and/or make his sounds quieter while he is cloaked.

Doctor : add Mouldy Electrode in his base kit and his Madness 2 should have more effects added without the need of add-ons. Or flat out rework him.

Pig : increase her crouch speed, remove her Ambush roar or at least put it at the end of her Ambush and rework her add-ons.

Myers : increase his base stalk speed and buff some his add-ons.

Ghost Face : decrease his base cooldown from 30 to 25 seconds and buff some of his add-ons.

Huntress : FIX THE [BAD WORD] MAPS.

Demogorgon : increase his base teleport speed a little and buff some of his add-ons.

Freddy : just buff his Blocks and Dresses add-ons, they are garbage.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Hell no.

I don't need a Nurse 2.0 that can wall hack.

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Make the maps smaller, lessen the amount of pallets. Slow the gens a bit.

Make ivory mori base kit with the restrictions of: all survivord have been hooked at least once and two or less gens left.

Maybe doing all of that might be a bit overkill, but I'd like to see some of those changes implemented.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,199

Not necessarily a weaker killer, but I'd make flashlights only temporarily disable Hag traps. It's super punishing if 1 or 2 survivors find flashlights, and a coordinated team on comms typically has someone with OoO dedicated to undoing her setup. She doesn't need that level of counterplay from an item survivors can find by chance.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

There are no real weak killers in the game anymore. Everyone is at least A+ tier. Even wraith. Although the S+ tier killers are coming down from the top, nurse has been nerfed and spirit will most likely be next.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Wraith, addon to decrease if not remove shimmering while cloaked while not surpressing tr. Grab survivors off gens while cloaked. He can do everything else why not that?

Piggy - traps activate when unhooked. Less roar when charging

LF - Built in insidious and hooking a survivor anywhere teleports to basement. (Joking) Reduce charging slowdown and tantrum length. Chainsaw through pallets not ending chainsaw.

Doc - remove switching modes and more variety of illusions

Clown - replace reload with a recharge timer. Make secondary power to drink a bottle for short bursts of speed (someone elses idea i just liked it)

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

Pig

• lessen the ambush roar/make it quieter/remove it
    • make Rule Set No. 2 basekit
    • completing a generator activates RBT, completing another should reduce the timer by 20%
    • the first jigsaw box searched should automatically be the wrong box, so they have to waste time searching for the next box instead of taking the trap off in 2 seconds
    • RBT should activate instantly if put on after the exit gates are powered

Clown

• increase bottle reload speed
    • allow him to see through the bottle smoke

Plague

• recieve points for breaking people

Trapper

• start with all his traps
    • buff wax brick

I am a pig main and all the things i've listed would make her way better to play. her ability is supposed to slow the game down, but as it is right now it really doesn't.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Trapper needs to carry all of his traps on him from the start instead of having to go round picking them up.

Doctor needs a slight range extension on his power and remove the switching modes. If you press the attack button the second after the mode is switched he'll still do the attack from the previous state

Cannibal might need to be completely rebuilt to be buffed

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2019

I'm not going to count add on reworks because that can be a whole discussion for each killer itself.

But I'll just go over a few baseline changes.

Legion-

* drop the fatigue time to 3 seconds

* revert the prevention of seeing blood in frenzy

* missed swings no longer deplete your bar but instead either just cancel out the power like you did it manually or if that's too strong cancel you out and reduce your current percentage by half.

Piggy-

* Allow Amanda to grab whilst crouched however not like ghostface this should work like the doctor's shock attack grab. Meaning you have to be directly behind a survivor and then charge up your ambush to grab. This gives the survivors decent reaction time but it's harder to notice than up pig simply uncrouching and trying to go for grab that way.

* Increase crouch movement speed currently you move slower than nurse which is really not a good

* Make base crouch time 1 second so when we use combat straps we can t-bag more effectively

Trapper-

* Give him the ability to hold two traps by default

* Allow Trapper to set traps that are already placed on the floor without having to pick them up this just shaves some time off off your setup.

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2019

What if we make every killer Bubba/Legion tier then make every map as unsafe as Hawkins and Pre School? 🤔

Basically just nerf everything on both roles :)

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Trapper

1. starts with ALL of his traps because there is no reason he shouldn't. Traps you can escape from at the expense of needing to spend a bunch of time getting them. There is a reason hes weak and there it is. Big maps? Dead.
    2. You don't stare at the ground when committing to the trap placement. Consider that a microbuff

Wraith

1. Actually make his cloak a power by increasing his movement and action speed while cloaked by a sizable amount. Its funny how all being cloaked really does is make survivors feel safer on the gens for LONGER so they get more done and then in most cases they still get a huge warning you're around.

Leather

1. Make his add ons not trash?
    2. Make it possible to hit competent survivors with the saw without the best add ons.

Clown

1. No slowdown when throwing tonic. That in itself is so stupid....DURR my power is to slow you down!!! Ill slow myself down too!!
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited October 2019

Clown

• Remove slowdown on bottle throws.
    • Direct hits douse survivors with the Afterpiece Tonic, causing them to leave a trail of gas for 1-2 seconds after leaving the cloud. Basically extending the slow duration.
    • The longer a survivor stays in the gas, the longer duration the slow will be.
    • Afterpiece Tonic by default inflicts 5 seconds of Exhaustion on survivors who're affected.

Trapper

• Trapper can now reset traps without having to pick them up first.
  • not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Trapper:

No longer stands in his own traps

Survivor can't levitate over them with Dead Hard

Three traps by default, sacks add more

All traps spawn in an armed state

Can reset traps without picking them up

Triggered traps no longer move slightly out of place

Significantly longer disarm time (something akin to destroying Demogorgon's portals)

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91

100% this. Get rid of add-on reliance on certain killers. Add-ons should y’know add-on to a power, not be required to have an effective power.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

This is a terrible idea. You want everyone to be D tier so they can be bullied all day every day? no thanks.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327

Trapper- Tar Bottle as base alongside- mid tier set speed and high tier sabotage and disarm- start with all traps Xx

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Of course. I deliberately put it out to the public for a reason.

Though I would again like to point out that the legion fix specifically is solely geared towards fixing his balance issues and thus is not the best overall fix.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182
    edited October 2019

You're asking one of the most outspoken survivor main on this forum... Their answer would probably something like "killers don't need buffs they need nerfs" or something.

That said, I think the biggest issue might be the maps and the gen rushing.

The weakest killer all have a common issue; lack of map pressure and/or mobility.

Two ways to address that across the board would be to either rework maps to allow killers to travel through them efficently, or add mandatory second objectives that will slow down gen progression so the killers don't require such map pressure to be good.

It is a delicate thing though, because it would not take much to make killers way too strong and destroy the balance of the game, such as it is.

Killers should feel like they always have a chance to get their kills, and survivors should feel like they always have a chance to escape. It is not easy to balance but adding depth and skill cap to this stale meta would be a step forward in my opinion.

• Pulsar

Regardless of who they play, I still value their opinion and I wish to hear it.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I would buff wraith by giving him faster base speed while cloaked, at least 3-5% maybe even more. Even this buff could allow him to have better map control and use his ability more in chase to close the distances. He would still have PLENTY of counterplay.

For trapper i would buff his traps overall. They should give survivors permanent debuff somehow. If survivor gets caught in trap he would suffer from decreased action speed, and slight movement speed nerf. This would allow trapper to benefit more from traps offensively, instead of just camping purposes defending the basement hook.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Legion : do we not exist or something?

Doc : hey at least you all can actually hurt people with your power and apply pressure

Leatherface : at least you have your power at all times, mines taken away from me at vaults unless I time it perfectly

Wraith : you get powers?