Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

End game idea

thekiller490490
thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
All killers hate end game. The Black Lock(hatch) standoff and survivors t bagging at the exits. So I have a proposal to lengthen the end game. 

1. Hatch. Let the killer close the hatch. When the hatch is closed, one generator will be "complete", making it easier for survivors and powering the gates if 1 is left. This will award a killer for keeping survivors off gens. If the gates are already powered nothing happenes but the hatch is still closed.

2. Doors. The killer needs to be able to decrease the progress of opening the door. My simple idea is he can damage the switch like generators, except progress is taken away faster because doors open faster. Perks like Pop Go's the Weasel will also affect the door progress reduction. Obviously there are no skill checks for doors so overcharge would not cause one. Instead, Overcharge would increase the speed of regression. If a killer can't find a survivor he could damage the switch and buy time for him to go to the other one. In terms of the animation the killer would use his/her weapon, which I feel would be bad ass.

Thoughts?
(Please keep it cool thx)

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Your hatch closing idea sounds good though I wonder how it will affect Lightbringer and Gatekeeper. The free generator will still give the last guy hope so it fits lore wise.

The door regression should be just a solid channel to reset the progress. This will cause door regression to be a risk to survivors and killers. The killer closing an opened door will produce loud noises (Claxons and Creaking) giving nearby survivors a chance to sneak out or run through the closing gap. This has the risk of being noticed by the killer and caught. This also has the risk of the killer missing nearby survivors sneaking by with Urban Evasion. The killer channel essentially blinds the killer, thus balancing a temporary exit reset. Survivors in the exit space would need to be forced out after the door is closed. As otherwise some toxic players would simply hide and cower behind the exit gate and take the game hostage.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Not bad, but survivors will prevent it :wink:

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

something else needs to be done to change the end game... as of now... say you're chasing a survivor and the gates get powered... after you hook them what's the point of leaving that survivor?... the end game should work in the sense of them needing to find a key in order to open the gates... with a search in place that would give the killer a reason to leave the hook and hunt for another victim...

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

@Bravo0413 said:
    something else needs to be done to change the end game... as of now... say you're chasing a survivor and the gates get powered... after you hook them what's the point of leaving that survivor?... the end game should work in the sense of them needing to find a key in order to open the gates... with a search in place that would give the killer a reason to leave the hook and hunt for another victim...

I have to agree, I get called out for camping some times when the person is hooked and fairly close to the exit gate. Am I gonna leave the sausage.. no. If I give any distance it will be off the hook and body blocked. I would certainly love even just more variety to the end game.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

also make the hatch close automaticly, whe the exits are powered. it's sooo unnecessary (except for pig, but hey! its not hard to get these traps off your head). I hate it, when the last Survivor just stays in the game, after the others left through the doors, and hides from the killer, just in order to get that freaking 2000 bonus points for using the hatch ._.
    no hatch while the exits are powered --> no one staying in the game for another 5 minutes just to try to get that hatch.

• thekiller490490
    Bravo0413 said:

That's why we need this. So camping is no longer the only option when the gates are powered. 
  • thekiller490490
    Peasant said:
    Your hatch closing idea sounds good though I wonder how it will affect Lightbringer and Gatekeeper. The free generator will still give the last guy hope so it fits lore wise.

The door regression should be just a solid channel to reset the progress. This will cause door regression to be a risk to survivors and killers. The killer closing an opened door will produce loud noises (Claxons and Creaking) giving nearby survivors a chance to sneak out or run through the closing gap. This has the risk of being noticed by the killer and caught. This also has the risk of the killer missing nearby survivors sneaking by with Urban Evasion. The killer channel essentially blinds the killer, thus balancing a temporary exit reset. Survivors in the exit space would need to be forced out after the door is closed. As otherwise some toxic players would simply hide and cower behind the exit gate and take the game hostage.
    Ok, but the channel would need to be quite long or on maps were the doors spawn close together would be hard for the survivor. But in reality it is already too easy
  • thekiller490490
    Master said:

Not bad, but survivors will prevent it :wink:

Sadly true.....