We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

If Dead by Daylight added another game mode which would you play?

Options
CL4P_TRAP_ER
CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

We all like when Dead by Daylight changes things up with it's holiday events. The Hallowed Blight, The Scorching Summer BBQ, The Moonrise. It's when Dead by Daylight throws in a wrench and gives us additional objectives. So that got me thinking about other game modes they could do. So my question is this. Which of the following game modes would you play?

If Dead by Daylight added another game mode which would you play? 60 votes

Balanced Game - No perks, No items, No Add-ons. All players play with only their skills to try to win.
25%
BossAltimaSR9619icemancatTohmozacmangamingCL4P_TRAP_ERJoelux1PluAzurlynxBoosted_DwightRicardiBacardiErshHellraisingPredatorKenshiro84Phoenix_Wright 15 votes
Chaos Mode - All survivors are given random perks upon starting the trail. Survivors can even be given perks they don't own yet. All survivors are also given one random item. Item rarity is only common and uncommon. The killer can is also given random perks. They can also choose which killer they want too. But they will be given 2 random add-ons. Common to Uncommon.
21%
White_OwlkodiakyDolphin9192Miss_BritanniaPandiferDreskiKillermainBTWm8fluffymareepCarlosyluDustyDan31C_895895craloNoOneEscapesNancy 13 votes
2 vs 8 - 2 Killers, 8 survivors. The meme game mode that everyone wants.
53%
GibberishCamoRangerBigyo369MiriamGAcesthetiicSpacingLlamasdanielbird11Jacoby2041RainbowPatooieTragicSolitudeRaptorrotasWalker_of_the_fog_96BenZ0ToybasherMysticAdvisorn2njauwuAhoyWolfWTBaconDefarakkaCreepingcam1070 32 votes

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

The first two, I’d play.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

If you put "all of the above" I would have picked that.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

^ Same thing.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options

I would pick all of them if I could.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options
    Chaos Mode - All survivors are given random perks upon starting the trail. Survivors can even be given perks they don't own yet. All survivors are also given one random item. Item rarity is only common and uncommon. The killer can is also given random perks. They can also choose which killer they want too. But they will be given 2 random add-ons. Common to Uncommon.

If the 2v8 is KYF, that's fine, but it'd be too easy to just get quick downs if the killers team up against 1 survivor.

• Phoenix_Wright
    Phoenix_Wright Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Balanced Game - No perks, No items, No Add-ons. All players play with only their skills to try to win.

Imagine a match with Myers and Ghost face staring at you out a window.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

A bare bones mode sounds pretty cool. Chaos mode sounds like a lot of fun as well.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I've always liked this idea...but...

I'm VERY scared for my Wraith.

• pleasedontbetoxic117
    Options

Wraith would be going bye bye like Bing Bong from Inside Out!

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2019
    Options

game needs proper casual play for people who do not wish to do ranked, or for killers who wish to test new builds/new characters or otherwise just go after achievements. by proper casual play I mean a que system similar to ranked, not the custom game where you have to invite people manually. the custom game will not allow you to get most achievements as they have to be "public matches". A proper que system also would let you test your skills properly, because your 4 other friends aren't really an effective method of doing this.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,206
    Options

Balance mode wont be balanced at all until solo-cwf gap and killer compensation get adressed.

And for the 2v8 naysayers, check idv's duo hunter rules. If dbd can copy their skillcheck design for mobile, they might get inspired there too.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I would not to have a meme mode with that, I would love to have a kind of "coop" gameplay for killers aswell, would love to play with my best friend together killer.

• cralo
    cralo Member Posts: 10
    Options

Chaos mode is clearly the best option here for something more casual, a great option for more fun gameplay without the serious stuff going on (survivors running SWFs with DS, and the other annoying meta perks).

• cralo
    cralo Member Posts: 10
    Options

The problem i see with this gamemode is killers being able to work together in a single area to quite very easily kill a survivor, since you can't run around a pallet area with two killers.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

No killer vs killer mode? 😥

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I think that the 2vs8 mode could only be played in the first 3 kingdoms: macmillan state, autoheaven wreckers and the coldwind farm, in a strange fusion of the maps of each respective realm🎃

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

With GF leaning out... that would just be funny to me. XD

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

All of the Above I think is the best option...